Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day! Happy Birthday, America! I’m up first…
1). Can you believe it is July? Wow! Summer is going so fast. There are so many fun things to do in the month of July. Did you know that more people go on vacation in July than in any other month of the year? Or that July is National Ice Cream Month? It’s also a big sale month and National Picnic Month? See July Is A Great Month For… a fun post will lots of ideas for things to do in the month of July.
2. July is also when my herb garden goes a bit crazy! If you have one, too or buy herbs and have leftover herbs after making a recipe, you might like to make beautiful Herb Butters. They are easy to make and freeze well. Did you know you can Freeze Herbs? It’s so easy! The secret is to freeze them in olive oil.
3. I get asked all the time, “Where did you get that”? So whenever possible, I link shopping sources to the bottom of my posts. You can shop my home Here and see many of the items we have in our home. You can also shop all my favorite Amazon Finds Here. there are so many pretty things to peruse on these two sites!
4. Great Summer Sales: my favorite white quilt, this handsome hurricane/vase, these wall art rounds, these beautiful 12 oz. glasses, this pedestal end table, this stunning (LOVE) pantry cabinet, this faux topiary, and this beautiful round mirror.
5. I learn so much by watching decorating videos. Here are a few of my favorites: This video is about 9 things to make your home designer worthy, and these easy tips for decorating shelves, and a designer shares how to decorate a small space.
6. Amazon Finds: Go HERE to see all the pretty and interesting things I’ve found for you at Amazon!
7. Capsule wardrobe for summer: this perfect wear-everywhere summer dress, this summer topper that would look fabulous with the wear-everywhere dress, the cutest summer dress (amazing price), these cute cropped pants, this classic linen boyfriend shirt, the perfect summer sandals, these gold wear everywhere earrings I just got (50% off), this black and white gingham tote (50% off), and this cute summer handbag.
8. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is July’s birthstone? What famous dog is celebrated in July?
10. Reader’s Favorites On The Blog: Here are the most popular posts on StoneGable this week: Easy And Beautiful Decoupage Lamp, Summer Porch And Patio Tour, How To Mix Warm And Cool Color In Decor, and Are White Kitchens Out… Or Still In?
Answer to #8: Ruby is July’s birthstone. July is National Hot Dog Month.
1. This week was all about vintage style, with one post featuring vintage-inspired coffee tables and another focusing on french style ottoman benches. Both are more than simple shopping guides, with styling tips and design options throughout.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This lovely embroidered lumbar pillow, this fabulous pair of burlap botanical prints, this refreshing white and wood pot and pan set, and this elegant tufted bench.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This awesome neutral patterned area rug, this woven leaf shadow box wall art, this bronze pillar candle holder centerpiece, and this gorgeous live hydrangea and berry wreath.
5. I love to dedicate spaces throughout my home for little pleasures, such as relaxing coffee breaks enjoyed at the pretty Coffee Station I set up in our kitchen.
6. FASHION PICKS: Given the overwhelming popularity of last week’s black, white and khaki summer capsule, I’m re-sharing it!
It includes: this perfect white tee with black Bermuda shorts, this white cotton midi dress with khaki linen cardigan, this white tank top with black cropped jeans (pair with the same khaki sweater), this bi-color tank top with white linen pants, this black maxi dress (or this black slip dress) with khaki boyfriend blazer, this khaki midi slip skirt with black linen top and white oversized shirt.
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared the reveal of our front entry foyer after a transformative update, this summer coastal table setting, and these 3 diverse places to visit for a first time trip to Spain.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: This lovely 2-drawer night stand with open shelf, this fabulous round tufted ottoman, these chic light wood wishbone dining chairs, this solid wood open bookshelf, and this wonderfully shaped sherpa accent chair.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This beautiful warm and charming home, this stunning mix of rustic with modern, and this exquisite home that’s a bit more modern that I usually like, but oh-so-gorgeous.
10. UP NEXT: Decorating with flea market finds…
On Sutton Place
1.) RECENTLY SHARED: I’ve wanted to share my recipe for lavender simple syrup for a very long time, and I finally did it! There’s also an easy recipe for lavender lemonade. Welcome summer with lavender goodness!
2.) FURNITURE FINDS UNDER $350: this handsome glass front cabinet (in 4 colors) that can be used as a piece for your entry or a TV stand, this charming set of X-back chairs (available in 11 colors), this classic sideboard that comes in 4 lovely colors, this rustically elegant upholstered ottoman, this chic striped accent chair, and this generously sized nightstand with must-have storage.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit if frankly and try another. But above all, try something.” ~Franklin Roosevelt
4.) INSPIRING IDEAS: I actually like the “before” of this fireplace makeover, but wait until you see the after! Tour this classic cottage on Whidbey Island, take a look at this cottage in Waco, and see this brick ranch to modern farmhouse makeover.
5.) HAVE YOU BEEN WISHING FOR some time to yourself in the kitchen? One of the easiest things to make is a batch of homemade muffins. Try these cinnamon sugar muffins, these mouth-watering blueberry muffins, or these healthy but delicious bran muffins. All of these recipes are easy and quick!
7.) RESHARE: I’m not very good at social media, and I’m not the least bit interested in TikTok. However, every once in a while I catch a viral TikTok video that’s been shared on Instagram or YouTube. I recently saw how to make the most incredible and simple cinnamon rolls. I couldn’t share the actual video, but I found it HERE. They are a splurge, but taste truly amazing!
8.) I wish there was something new, but since there isn’t, my TV watching has been on repeat! Even though I’ve seen these things at least once, I thoroughly enjoyed watching them again. On PBS Documentaries, The War, and The Roosevelts. On Netflix, Woman in Gold, Operation Mincemeat, and Where The Crawdads Sing.
9.) Wishing you a peaceful rest of the week, and a lovely weekend. XO
Happy Wednesday, Friends!