Wednesdays are the most fun day of the week on the blog! It's Wednesday Weekly Wishlist! Get the best ideas, learn fun things and find the best buys! Join in the fun!
This week on Wednesday Weekly Wishlist we have lots of fun things to read and see and wear and put in your home! And so much more! So glad you are here!
Ann’s up first this week…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) I know Valentine’s Day is a month away, but now is the time to pick up something fun to wear…or choose the perfect gift for someone you love. I’m concentrating on the ladies this week, and next week there will be some choices for the guys. This darling cashmere sweater, and matching scarf, are cozy and on sale! These cute earrings can be worn with absolutely anything, these socks are a budget-friendly choice, and this spray fragrance is delicious and clean. Just in case you want to give yourself a present, these ECCO shoes (my favorites) are super stylish, and will take you all the way to summer.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Don’t wait for things to get better. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now, otherwise you’ll run out of time.” (I could not find a source, but still wanted to share because it’s so true!)
3.) When it comes to organizing, the key to success is having the right tools. I love clear plastic bins, and my favorites are from mDesign. This large bin is perfect for deep pantries and under bathroom sinks. This smaller size bin works great in cabinets and smaller pantries. I also could not live without their lazy Susans. This size fits big cans and boxes, and this small one can be used for spices, oils, or vinegars. You can see how I used the bins in a very narrow closet at our Sutton Place house HERE.
4.) If you like to learn by watching, this video shows you how to put together a flower arrangement with artificial flowers. It’s super easy to follow, and includes a few tricks to make you look like a professional!
5.) And here’s one more…if you have always wondered how to make a gorgeous Tiffany-style bow, here you go! You might have to watch it a few times, but give it a try!
6.) GOOD MOVIES: The Tender Bar on Amazon Prime, and also The Secret: Dare to Dream. If you have Acorn TV, I just watched Under The Vines and I was thoroughly entertained! I’m also watching 1883 on Paramount+. It’s a prequel to the Yellowstone series, which I don’t watch, but I’ve enjoyed it anyway. (And yes…we subscribe to “just a few” streaming channels!)
7.) FUN ETSY FINDS: I just ordered these tags for the bins that store our linens. (That project is a work in progress!) I love this laundry room sign and it comes in several sizes. This wreath can be used all year long, and this tulip wreath is a stunner if you are longing for spring! (The tulip wreath seller has over 40,000 sales…which is very impressive.)
8.) FAVORITE BUNDTS: This lemon bundt cake is super easy…and it’s so moist that it melts in your mouth. This sour cream chocolate bundt cake is dense and delicious. These mini angel food bundt cakes are not only beautiful, they are healthy too!
9.) If you missed it, I just shared our great room all cozied up for winter, along with some ideas and inspiration for warming up your own space. We still have bare windows, but hopefully our shutters will be in soon!
10.) Wishing you all the best week ever!
1. Do you decorate with the season in mind? I do. Even when I did not blog I added a nod to each season in our home. Winter is a tough season to decorate for. I don’t care for cutsie snowmen and snowflakes or want to keep evergreens around. But there are lots of things I do love and use to decorate for winter. If you want to add a bit of winter decorating to your home you might like my newest post Winter Foyer Decorating Ideas, 20 Cozy Winter Decorating Ideas, 4 Easy Winter Centerpieces, and 5 Winter Mantel Ideas.
2. Let’s head to the kitchen! This week’s menu plan and favorite recipes are full of winter warming food! Here are some of my favorite kitchenware to help me cook and serve… my frying pan, Air Fryer, salad bowl, goblets I have a crush on, this dutch oven I’ve had for decades, this cutting board I’ve also had for decades, and my soup bowls. And here’s a must-try soup for those soup bowls.
3. We just finished watching BBC’s North And South a couple nights ago. I’m addicted to period dramas! Here are a few other favorites… Starz The Spanish Princess, PBS Masterpiece Theater’s Sandition, Netflix’s The Crown, and BBC’s The Paradise.
4. Did you know you should do the same thing every morning to set a good morning routine? Do it exactly the same. You can get more done that way! Interesting! So decide on a healthy morning routine and stick to it! This will carry on to the rest of your day! You might like to read 12 Healthy Morning Habits To Cultivate.
5. Fun and Useless Facts: How big is the average size snowflake? Which kind of snow is better for making snowmen, wet or dry?
6 Decor crushes this week… this pretty and versatile pillow, love this set of two table lamps, this faun rug (swoon), this fringe-y throw, this pillow I just ordered, this beautiful 3 piece duvet set, this sofa in ivory performance fabric, this great chair, and this glass door cabinet.
7. Valentine’s Day is just a month away. I have 4 little grandsons and one little granddaughter and I want to do a fun craft or two with them. I think these crafts are so sweet, a sweetheart of a treat for the birds, these hearts from cereal, and this floral bouquet.
9. This mascara is a game-changer. Seriously, just get it and see! I’ve never used anything like it! One of y New Year resolution is to pay more attention to my skin. Here is a video I like for a nighttime skincare routine. Being consistent is the key! By the way, I use a cleansing oil and then use CeraV! Great advice! And I use the neck cream too! A lot of steps but some great products.
10. Here’s a clever tip for microwaving food. Keep food from splashing in your microwave when you warm it up by putting a basket-type paper coffee filter that you have flattened over your food. We keep a pile of coffee filters on a shelf near our microwave and use the.
Answer to #5: The average size snowflake is just a smidge smaller than a penny, but snowflakes come in many sizes. According to scientists and my grandsons, wet snow makes the best snowmen… and snowballs!
1. How many of you started the new year promising yourself to get organized? I’ll admit I’m a bit of an organization freak, so I just love this time of year! If this is you, or you want to be nudged to get started, check out 5 Decluttering Tips You May Not Have Thought Of and 10 Furniture Pieces That Add More Space for an Organized Home.
2. There are times when you’re motivated to work on your home and times when you just let things ride. Right now I’m going through a serious inspired phase, so there’s a flurry of ideas and purchases. I’m all about washed linens and objects with patina, so that’s my desired direction. Currently on order: these linen pillows in 3 colors to blend with this vintage-inspired rug (not coming until March – but worth the wait). I just got this rustic vase, this terracotta bowl and this bone box (for the remotes) and now I’m looking for a drapey linen throw. I love this one (it’s a great price), but they only have the charcoal in stock right now. I’m going for this super relaxed and casual feel, yet with items that will sit well with my antiques. I love antique vellum books, but they’re pricey, so I’m also looking at these linen covered options, as well. And finally, I got this lovely agate stone catchall to corral glasses and such on the coffee table.
3. I’m currently reading A Man Called Ove. It’s a quirky and unique little book by the author of Bear Town, another one I want to read. There’s a definite sweetness to the book albeit in a very offbeat way.
4. In terms of fashion, for me January is about replenishing the basics. I clean out my drawers and stock up on favorite underpinnings and useful gear. I just ordered these super soft socks for working out and these to wear with boots and jeans. I got another pair each of my two preferred leggings for walking outside: this 7/8 pair in black and this full length one in black camo (both currently on sale!). I can’t do without the phone pocket! Also on sale, these are my work-out tees (I buy all black and sleep in them, too… lol) and in the cold weather I’m wearing this zip jacket over the tee and this neck warmer. And now that it’s freezing, I also wear the best puffer ever over it all when I walk. It’s light but warm and hooded, and comes in a gorgeous range of colors. Also on super sale! And finally, I had to have these amazingly flattering and comfortable stretch flare pants (I got the black and went back for the navy, too).
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This is my kind of pantry, as it’s ever-so-french. I love every detail and be sure to scroll through to see them all. Crushing on this little corner, as well – the pitcher, the floral, the shutters, the chairs! How special is this view – the space is a wonderful mix of old world and modern and the effect is quiet elegance.
6. What do you put on your front door after the holiday decor comes down? I’m in LOVE with this faux peony wreath which is perfect to lead us into Valentine’s Day. If you prefer a little less pink but a similar feel, try this pink floral wreath. Or for something quintessentially Valentine’s day, why not try this lovely heart one?
7. Do we have any Aussie readers out there? I don’t think I shared this yet, but my daughter has been living in Sydney for the past 2 years and we couldn’t see her because of the pandemic. Well, she just visited for the past 2 weeks with her wonderful boyfriend who we met for the first time. It’s been a magical holiday season for us! (You can check out my latest Instagram post for some pics.)
8. New year, new scent. I just bought this delicious perfume which is a touch floral, but really quite subtle. Full disclosure: I got it because my daughter was wearing it and it reminds me of her!
9. This week on the blog I shared 9 ways to add winter warmth to your home for cozy winter decor ideas, this chalk painted table makeover tutorial which was my very first furniture painting project, and these ideas for trying out a new decor style without committing to it.
10. UP NEXT: I’ll be talking about self care and how to treat yourself well!