Easy Strawberry Cobbler From A Box Mix
A scrumptious easy-to-make strawberry cobbler dessert from fresh strawberries three other pantry staples.
It’s almost Strawberry time here in Lancaster County. I found beautiful homegrown strawberries from North Carolina in my favorite Framer’s Market. I knew they would become a delicious early summer dessert! With fresh strawberries, a yellow box cake mix, sugar, and a bit of butter you can make a beautiful and delicious cobbler!
As summer moves on switch out the strawberries for any other in-season fruit! YUM!
My Strawberry Story
Starting in May, I move throughout summer eating delicious in-season fruit. Right now rhubarb is growing in our garden and we just starting to get fresh strawberries too!
There is such a huge difference between store-bought strawberries and ones fresh from the field. Strawberries are the taste of late May and June! We are blessed to have strawberry fields dotted over the countryside. I often stop the car and pick a few pints when I’m in the mood.
If you cannot get fresh from the field strawberries, don’t sweat it! This cobbler is worth making with any strawberry!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
Fruit cobblers are a summer treat! This recipe uses fresh strawberries and three other pantry staples. It will be a summertime favorite for you and your family.
What Is A Cobbler
A cobbler is a warm fruit dessert consisting of fruit on the bottom of a pan covered with a batter or biscuit topping before being baked.
It is different from a crisp which is a warm fruit dessert with the fruit on the bottom and a streusel topping made with oatmeal. A crumble is the same as a crisp with a streusel made without oatmeal in the topping.
This recipe is a cobbler. A yellow box mix sprinkled over the top of the strawberries makes a batter as it cooks.
Strawberries- use the freshest and most ripe you can find.
Sugar- adds sweetness and mixes with the strawberries to create a liquid
Yellow Box Cake Mix- works its magic to create the sweet biscuit topping for this dessert
Butter- helps to hydrate the box mix and creates a richer flavor and a more tender biscuit on top of the strawberries
How To Make Easy Strawberry Cobbler From A Box Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread 5 cups of sliced strawberries on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the strawberries.
- Sprinkle 1 box of yellow cake mix over the sugar and strawberries.
- Dot the top of the ingredients with 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter. You can also melt the butter and pour over the cake mix evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until light brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm or cold. Delicious with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tips For Success
This is such a straightforward recipe. Use the freshest fruit and sprinkle the sugar and yellow cake mix evenly over the cobbler.
Easy Strawberry Cobbler From A Box Mix
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 yellow box cake mix
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray an 11 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray
- Put the sliced strawberries evenly in the bottom of the 9 x 13 inch pan
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the strawberries
- Sprinkle the dry box mix evenly over the sugar and strawberries
- Dot the butter evenly over the box mix.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the dessert is bubbly and lightly brown.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Cobble Make Of?
The dry yellow cake mix combines with the butter and the juice of the strawberries macerated in the sugar to make a batter that makes the cobbler topping.
What Thickens The Strawberry Cobbler?
The sugar mixes with the sliced strawberries and thickens the strawberry juice. Strawberries and sugar have natural thinking qualities.
How Do I Store The Cobbler?
When the cobbler is cooled cover the cobbler with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Or put it in a freezer-safe container and freeze.
This easy recipe is sure to be one of your go-to summer desserts!
More Summer Recipes
Enjoy the flavors of summer with these delicious and easy recipes.
There’s nothing better than a good old fashioned cobbler with a scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream on top, yum!
It is summer food!
I am looking forward to trying your salad and cobbler recipes. They look yummy! Thank you for sharing them.
I made this tonight for our family dinner. It was delicious & everyone loved it!
So nice to hear Leigh!
Thanks, Yvonne, for another great recipe! I am going to make this tomorrow!