Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Affiliate links included. See our Discloser Policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). This week, I’m thrilled to be part of a Christmas Home Tour. I’ve decked our halls with a very different color palette and lots of woodland decor this year. This might be my favorite Christmas decor ever! Stop by here all week to see six new homes on tour every day.
Make sure you also visit The Ultimate Guide To All Things Christmas. This post has everything you will need to decorate, cook, and make for Christmas.
2. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week.
3. Super Easy Tips: Oh, No! Your tablecloth or napkins have a stain! Here’s how to fix Holiday spills and stains. Candle Wax: scrape the excess wax off with a knife. Then, re-melt the leftover wax with a hair dryer, dabbing the melted wax off, and wash it right away. Red wine stains: dab up as much of the red wine as you can (no rubbing) and cover the stain with a generous amount of shaving cream, dabbing it into the stain. Let it sit for 30 minutes, and launder with a half cup of baking soda. Coffee stains: pour dishwashing liquid on the stain, cover it with baking soda for 30 minutes, and launder it with another half cup of baking soda. Lipstick stains: cover the stain with dishwashing liquid and sprinkle with micellar water. Let it sit for 30 minutes and launder with a half cup of baking soda. Grease stains: Cover the stain with baking soda or cornstarch to absorb the grease. Let it sit for 30 minutes, and brush the baking soda or cornstarch away. Soak the stained cloth in grease cutting dishwashing liquid and hot water.
4. Christmas Basics: I did a little shopping to fill in some items I needed to finish my Christmas decorating. Here’s what I found. I just got these plaid salad plates for Christmas and matching bowls (LOVE), and I got two of these pillows and two of these and this one for our sunroom sofa. I love this velvet comforter, a trio of Euro Shams for our bed (on sale), and this beautiful oversized knit throw.
5. Christmas Homes And Ideas: This video has such easy ideas for transforming old Christmas decor, and here’s how to decorate an old wreath with little houses (my favorite), and here are some pretty and easy ideas for decorating your living room.
6. StoneGable’s Christmas Shops are open! Many items are now on sale. Window shop for decorating ideas or find beautiful decor and more you need all in one place.
7. Fun and Interesting Facts: Where did the tradition of decorating our homes with evergreens originate and why? What is the most recorded Christmas song in history?
8. More Christmas Ideas: Small rooms have special challenges when it comes to decorating for Christmas. We can make them festive and functional! Make sure to get all the Tips For Decorating A Small Space here. Don’t forget to decorate your bedroom for the Holidays! Make sure to see all the tips for Decorating A Christmas Bedroom here.
9. Cool Weather Wardrobe Capsule: Okay, these shoes have nothing to do with a cool weather wardrobe, but I LOVE them. This beautiful off-white puffer vest (on sale), my favorite versatile winter coat (on sale), this cozy tunic sweater, last week’s favorite cardigan sweater, this warm and festive plaid scarf, and these cashmere socks.
10. When you go to a holiday gathering, offer to bring this festive and delicious Pinecone Cheeseball. It’s easy to make and has three different cheeseball recipes, garden herb and vegetable, goat cheese and cream cheese, and onion and gruyere. YUM!
Answer to #7: The tradition of decorating our homes with evergreens originated in ancient Egypt and Rome. Evergreens were a reminder that spring would come again. Silent Night is the most recorded song. It’s had 733 different recorded versions since 1978.
Lory | Designthusiam
1. If you love a collected vintage look, this post is for you: Vintage Christmas Decor. It addresses both actual vintage holiday decorations, as well as pairing classic Christmas decor with your existing antique pieces.
2. Have you checked out my Holiday gift guides yet? (Or maybe you’re ready for a second round?) The first Holiday Gift Guide is broken into 9 lists by category (for him, her, home, etc) and my Holiday Gift Guide, Part 2 brings you 6 more lists broken up by interest (travel, cooking, spa lover, etc).
3. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
4. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared Romantic Holiday Style with Pink Christmas Decorations, these Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas for a Small Apartment, these 20 ideas for French Inspired Tree Decorations and this Classic and Elegant Christmas Table.
5. Traveling for the holidays brings its own set of challenges when it comes to carrying lots of gifts on a plane or train. This year my challenge was to find things that were reasonably small, lightweight and unbreakable for that exact reason. Here are some actual gifts I bought (let’s hope the recipients don’t read this post!)
- This classic leather travel wallet (I got the chocolate color).
- These wonderful fair isle sox (I got the grey, green and this pair of red).
- This timeless leather toiletry bag (I got it in cognac).
- This chic leather tech folio (I got the black/camel combo).
6. FOR HER:
- These vegan leather gloves (amazing quality and beautifully packaged!)
- This beautiful layered necklace.
- This lovely adjustable friendship bracelet.
- This elegant Italian plaid blanket scarf.
7. ASSORTED OTHER:
- This plush Labradoodle play mat.
- This mother-of-pearl picture frame.
- These gorgeous honeycomb marble salad servers.
8. FASHION PICKS FOR THE SMART CASUAL PARTY: This sleeveless lurex turtleneck shell, this handsome double-breasted blazer with gold buttons, these wide leg stretch trousers, and these comfort heeled boots (in the black).
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: These doors look absolutely magnificent in this space and I would just love to do this to the doors in our home. This powder room is so gorgeous and a perfect representation of Old World meets modern, with chic clean lines and wonderful details. I’m loving the character of this lovely kitchen, particularly the contrast between the industrial pendants and the rattan bar stools.
10. UP NEXT: A brand new update on the teacup tree…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) My first Christmas decor post is ready, and even though it’s very simple, I love the way everything fell into place. Take a look at our holiday front porch HERE!
2.) MY CHRISTMAS WISHLIST: When Christmas shopping season rolls around, I help my family out by giving them a wish list of my own. It’s easy for them, and I love getting things I really want. So here’s a few things on my list: this darling sherpa vest, these organizing drawers, and these roomy storage bins. I would love this snowflake jacket, these rosemary eucalyptus soaps and lotion, and I know it’s a big ask, but I really want this gorgeous linen quilt!
3.) For the next four weeks, I’m hosting fun giveaways over on my Instagram account. Each week will be something different, and all the entry information can be found in my stories. It all starts today, so head over there and check out my stories, because I’m granting the winner something on their very own wish list!
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “One day the mountain that is in front of you will be so far behind you, it will barely be visible in the distance. But the person you become in learning to get over it? That will stay with you forever. And that is the point of the mountain.” ~Brianna Wiest
5.) INSPIRING IDEAS: this Georgia cottage that’s packed full of Southern holiday cheer, these 12 Christmas decorating trends that I love, especially numbers 3 and 4, this beautiful floral Christmas tree, and this Christmas home tour from one of my favorite blogs.
6.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: I’m enjoying The Gilded Age on HBO/Max, and I’m truly fascinated by what women wore back then! I also loved Faraway Downs on Hulu. It’s a new version of the movie Australia, starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. It’s presented as a series, and there is over an hour of new footage that didn’t make the movie cut. It also has a very different ending. I watched the first part of season 6 of The Crown on Netflix…and I’m looking forward to the second part next month.
7.) As each new season rolls around, I update as many of your favorite posts as I can. It’s basically a never-ending job, but I am making progress! I have two very old Christmas craft posts that are now new and improved. Here are two simple but so cute garlands, and here is an easy ragball DIY Christmas ornament.
9.) I can’t survive the winter months in Ohio without these necessities of life! First, this hand lotion helps heal all the cracks & dry patches. I wear this coat everywhere…I’ve had it for five years and it still looks new. These slippers are on my feet every single day! I use this lip balm, I take this heat pack to bed with me every night, and these waterproof boots are the best (and an incredible price.)
10.) As we head into December, I want to wish you all a peaceful and productive week!