This beautiful pinecone cheeseball has been on my to-do list since the summer! And you won’t believe just how easy it is to make. I’ve seen lots of these pinecone cheeseballs on Pinterest so I did a whole lot of experimenting to bring you the best shape, easiest instructions, and 3 scrumptious cheese ball flavors. This festive treat will be showing up on Christmas day along with a lovely spreading knife and some buttery crackers. Let’s make a pinecone cheeseball!
Now let’s make a pinecone good enough to eat!
Here are a few helpful things to know…
- most of the recipes for a pinecone cheeseball out there make very small cheeseballs. My recipe is for a nice large pinecone, one that is able to feed a group of people!
- shaping your cheeseball is the most important thing for a realistic looking pinecone. It should resemble a fat almond with one pointy end and the other end slightly flattened out.
- this cheeseball uses lots and lots of almonds.
- toast the almonds in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. They become pretty and brown and have a nuttier flavor
- many recipes tell you to stick the almonds into the cheeseball at an upward angle. If you want the cheeseball to be covered and not a lot of gaps, don’t do this. Lay them almost flat against the cheeseball.
- start adding almonds to the cheeseball at the tip of the pinecone. It really doesn’t look like a pinecone at first. Start at the tip of the pinecone and work either side to the edge. Start the next row right above the row before
- this is not hard at all!!!!
- make the cheese spread in a food processor
- garnish with fresh herbs and cranberries
Hey friends, I’m so sorry when this post was updated the cheeseball recipes disappeared! Not sure where they went. My tech guy is working on this. There are so many great cheeseball recipes on Pinterest. Look for one that makes a larger cheeseball. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully, we will be able to restore the recipes! Thanks for understanding!
You still have time to make this WOW factor appetizer! If you make it send me a picture!