Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
We are so glad you took the time to visit our Wishlists today! I’m up first …
On Sutton Place
1.) RECENTLY ON THE BLOG: I just finished updating and expanding my farmhouse series that’s available to OSP email subscribers. It’s all about how to add farmhouse style to your existing decor. Sign up for the series HERE.
3.) FAVORITE FINDS: this pillow cover is gorgeous, and since it’s reversible, you get two looks for the price of one! (Plus it’s on sale.) I just ran across this Etsy shop that sells the most beautiful farmhouse inspired fabric. This one is my favorite. I’m loving this nightstand, and this dresser. I am considering them for our master bedroom. You can’t go wrong with this beautifully simple white stoneware, and if you haven’t made homemade ice cream yet, you need to! (Here’s a yummy recipe.)
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “When a flower doesn’t bloom you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower.” ~Alexander Den Heijer
5.) INSPIRING THINGS: this Cape Cod cottage with the most amazing kitchen windows, this 1912 beautifully decorated Arts + Crafts home, a collection of really fun farmhouse kitchen ideas, and tour this warm and welcoming farmhouse in New England.
6.) At the end of every month, I send phone and computer screensavers to my email subscribers. They are calendars, and I’ll be sending out the August editions very soon, so if you are interested, but not on my list, just sign up HERE. They’re easy to download, and they make your devices functional and very pretty.
7.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: Ridley and Grantchester on PBS Masterpiece, the 2005 version of Pride + Prejudice and part one of season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Some repeats (all on Netflix) that I’ve watched more than once: The Dig, Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Lost Husband, The English Game, and Summerland. I wish I had more recommendations, but for now, this is it!
8.) Are you wishing that summer would slow down? Me too! The days are flying by and before we know it, we’ll be thinking about fall. I’m not there yet, but in the coming weeks, I’m going to slowly begin to share some early autumn inspiration. It will all be very simple, and easy on the budget. So stay tuned!
9.) Catch up on my latest handy Amazon finds HERE.
10.) That’s all I have for this week. Take care! XO
1). Last week, I shared 8 Fall Decorating Trends You Will Love, and another post, How To Decorate A Room With Classic And Trendy Decor, to help you mix trendy decor in your home. They were very popular! I’ve also posted a companion post to these called The Smart Girl’s Guide To Easy Fall Decorating, sharing a simple formula for less stress seasonal decorating. And how to use what you have in fresh ways! The three of these posts read together are like having a book with magic decorating tips and advice about an easier and prettier approach to fall decorating. I hope you will read them. 😀
2. Last week I featured a Watermelon And Feta Salad With Mint And a Lime Balsamic Vinaigrette. This salad is so beautiful! You will get oohs and ahhs and yums too when you serve it! I think what makes this recipe AHH-MAZING is the delicious Lime Balsamic Vinaigrette. Even if you don’t make the salad, please give the vinaigrette a try! Use is on other salads, toss it in vegetables, pastas, rice and quinoa and it’s also delicious to marinade chicken and fish in. This recipe is a keeper! You might also like these super Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes, Beautiful Herb Butters, and our family’s favorite Chicken Taco Soup.
3. Summer Sale Decor Week: You can use these things all year long! This lantern in three sizes, this pretty fringe blanket, my favorite silver cast tray, 3 Small Wicker Basket, this outdoor wicker seating set, this summer into fall seed stitch pillow cover (LOVE), my favorite frosted candleholders FINALLY came on sale (just goet 2), classic gingham pillow cover in 5 colors, and this beautiful pottery vase in a stunning mustard color,
4. Decor Crushes This Week: this multipurpose basket, beautiful big glass bead garland, this outdoor propane fire pit, this gorgeous bubble glass mixing bowl (sigh), these long oval pillar candle scones I got for my dining room (on sale), this beautiful and inexpensive quilt set, and this quilt too.
6. Cute Affordable Summer Capsule Wardrobe: There is still lots of summer left. Get in on these deals: this sweet straw handbag, these wear-anywhere white pants, this classic summer eyelet midi dress, these adorable summer slides, this summer-weight tunic sweater, this linen beach shirt– use as a tunic too (use 30% off coupon), classic gold hoops, this classic jean jacket (I wear mine all year round), this gorgeous dress, the cutest straw bucket hat, and these amazing sandals.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is the deadliest animal in the world? What is the mashup of two words that make a new word called?
8. Hey friends, have you liked my Facebook page yet? Every day I post a fun question you can answer. Join in and tell us what you think!
9. Have you signed up for StoneGable’s newsletter yet? You will find 4 posts: a daily post, a reader’s favorite, a seasonal post, and one other of my choice. Also featured are links for shopping my home and shopping my Amazon Favorites. As well as links to all my social media pages. You can sign up HERE and receive a beautiful 26-page Summer E-Magazine! Look for a Fall E-Magazine coming soon.
10. Fall Preview: In just a couple week’s I’ll start posting about Fall! If you are ready for fall inspiration now, you can peruse Fall Decorating archived posts, Fall DIYs, Fall Porch And Patio ideas, and Fall Centerpiece ideas. Lots of new fall ideas coming soon!
Bonus: Make sure you head over to my Amazon Page and check out the amazing finds!
Answer to #7: Mosquitos kill more than any other creatures because of all of the diseases they carry. A word that is made up of two words is called a portmanteau (port-man-toe).
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This serene but intricate embroidered lumbar pillow, this lightweight pointelle knit throw blanket, these faux olive branches (with 7 stems), and this tall butler tray stand.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared the design plan for a simple bathroom remodel (the actual bathroom might finally be finished in a few weeks!) And for more renovation ideas, see adding a faux wood tile floor to the kitchen.
6. SKIN CARE PICKS: Every now and then I share my faves (which pretty much don’t change) as I get frequent requests about them. Absolute number one favorite product is my face moisturizer that I’ve been using since I was 25 years old. Also love my preferred dime store cleanser, this amazing face mask (discontinued, so grab it now), top exfoliant (gentle peeling cream), and must-have lip balm. I have 2 favorite serums that I alternate: serum one and serum two. (I use the La Mer face moisturizer as an eye cream, as well). Top it all off with my favorite foundation.
10. UP NEXT: Decorating the stairway…