Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist. We are so glad you stopped by. We have lots of inspiring and exciting things to share with you. Lory is up first…
This post may contain affiliate links. See our Discloser Policy.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This great multi-piece melamine condiment server, these ceramic blue and white lidded jars, these best-selling modern metal frames, and this awesome brass crown catchall.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This wonderful traditional watering can, this beautiful summer wreath, this refined and classic planter, these chic sculptural cone sconces, and this solid herringbone throw blanket (numerous colors, perfect weight for summer).
6. FASHION PICKS: It’s wedding season! Looking for wedding guest dresses? Try this elegant high/low chiffon dress which will take you nearly everywhere. If you want to cover your arms without being too warm, check out this sassy little cape sleeve sheath dress. Do you need long but simple? Try this split sleeve blouson gown or this grecian chiffon piece. Going to a garden wedding? This lovely floral wrap dress is just the thing, or this one with a blouson sleeve.
7. If you’re interested in kitchen renovations, here’s the full story of how we completed our Kitchen Remodel on a Budget in two phases (several years while we saved money).
8. OUTDOOR FURNITURE DEALS: This wicker patio cuddle chair, this lovely cast iron garden bench, this best selling affordable patio sofa, this elegant 3-piece chat set, and this wonderful set of two patio lounge chairs.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: One of my favorite bedrooms is so simple yet so elegant, what a lovely summer look in this pretty living room, nothing makes a powder room so stunning as a converted antique chest.
10. UP NEXT: A trio of stunning house tours…
On Sutton Place
1.) Thank you to everyone who emailed or left a comment when I shared two new pages on my blog. The first is to my brand new “start here” page. It’s a full explanation of what this blog has to offer. The second link is to an updated “about Ann” page. There are new pictures of Millie and me, and a few details I’ve never shared.
2.) FAVORITE DECOR FINDS: I adore this nightstand…it comes in 15 colors and has over 17,000 reviews, plus it’s on sale! I’ve been looking for a long time at armoires, because I really want one for our main bedroom. This one is a gorgeous color, and this one has both doors and drawers, which would be very practical. This coffee table is truly amazing, and this handsome console table comes in 4 colors and has over 160 reviews.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Nature literally has the power to heal. By slowing down and letting yourself notice the smell, sound, and feel of nature, you become present, aware, and often experience less stress. You become unbusy.” ~Lettie Stratton
4.) INSPIRING PLACES: tour this charming and cozy Nantucket cottage, wander around this interior designer’s quaint home, take a look at this Maine lakeside getaway that’s designed to feel like a summer camp, and this two-story charming home is the perfect blend of dark and light.
5.) RE-SHARE: DID YOU KNOW?
- I never knew that this is the best way to cut a peach! I haven’t tried it yet, but as soon as the peaches hit the farm stand, I’m going to give it a go.
- Have you ever baked a pie in a brown paper bag? Check it out HERE.
6.) EASY SIDE DISHES FOR FAMILY MEALS: I’ve been making these Delmonico potatoes for 40 years, and they turn out perfect every time. These roasted vegetables are easy and so colorful, this vegetable gratin is perfect for summer, and this Jiffy corn casserole is a family favorite any time of year!
7.) FASHION FINDS: I love this gingham dress, and it can double as a swim cover-up. I have actually seen it in person, and it’s super cute. I just got this light wash denim jacket. It’s great for wearing over a sundress or tank top. This gauze button-up shirt comes in seven beautiful summer colors, and you will never go wrong with a striped crewneck tee.
8.) This is my once-a-year PSA about homemade Dole Whip. If you haven’t tried it, you definitely need to! Here is a YouTube video that explains it well…but it’s super easy. You need an ice cream maker, and this Dole Pineapple Soft Serve Mix. You are going to love it!
9.) I hope your June is off to a good start. Have a lovely week! XO
1. Come tour with me! Yesterday, I shared our Summer Kitchen. The kitchen is my favorite room in our home. And summer is the time to decorate simply and with the summer bounty found outdoors. Get 7 tips for decorating your kitchen for summer and join the tour. This week 27 bloggers are opening up their homes to share them with you.
2. Easy Summer Recipe: Make an easy and healthy summer frozen yogurt that is so delicious! Put 2 cups of frozen fruit (like mixed berries) in a food processor along with 2 TBS honey or agave, 1/4 cup yogurt, and 1 1/2 cup lemon juice. Whizz it in the food processor until smooth. So so good!
3. Amazon Summer Finds: go HERE to see all the interesting things I’ve found for you at Amazon!
5. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $60.00: this handsome utility basket (on sale), these pretty dotted boxes, this summer wicker vase (70% off), my favorite summer indoor/outdoor pillow (on sale), this rattan utility basket, these stunning salad/dessert plates (on sale), and my favorite spindle drink table (on sale),
Under 250.00: This pretty spindle table, this pretty rug (on sale), reader’s favorite outdoor sofa with an upholstered ottoman (on sale), and a pair of stylish outdoor chairs with cushions (love), and an entryway shelf with hooks (on sale).
6. Posts For YOU: Do you have a drink table? I’m obsessed with these darling, practical, inexpensive tables! You might like to read A Decorating Guide To Drink Tables. Also, check out 5 Small Space Gardening Ideas for small or big outside spaces. And learn about all the cool things to do in the month of June, read June Is A Great Month To…
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is the June flower? What is the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself?
8. Summer Capsule Wardrobe: this flirty summer maxi dress, beautiful colorful cropped pants, my favorite summer shirt (I got it in both colors, and it’s on sale), this summer tote, white jean cropped pants, this pretty ruffled shell, beautiful summer dress, and a very flattering bathing suite (on sale),
9. Recipe Roundups: Need new things to cook and eat? Every other week I choose delicious recipes with YOU in mind. You will love roundups like the Best Summer Recipe Roundup with 53 yummy recipes and Classic Family Favorite Recipes with 37 recipes that are family and crowd pleasers. And if you need summer dinner meal plans, head over to Summer Weekly Dinner Recipes, where you will find 50 menu plans. There is a lot of yumminess for you on the blog!
10. Do you have my Summer Inspiration E-Magazine? It’s filled with 25 pages of ideas and savvy summer decorating ideas! And it’s free! Get it HERE.
Answer to #7: There are actually two flowers that represent the month of June, the rose and the honeysuckle. Your teeth are the only part of your body that cannot heal itself.
Happy Wednesday, friends!