Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome! We are so glad you joined us for the Weekly Wednesday Wishlist. This week, there are so many informative and fun things featured! Ann is up first.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Want to feel accomplished? Make this Homemade Angel Food Cake! It’s so simple, and when you flip the angel food cake upside down, and are presented with a beautiful golden cake, the feeling of accomplishment is amazing!
2.) Wishing for a good movie to watch? The Boys In The Boat opened in theaters, and is now streaming on Amazon Prime. It follows The University of Washington rowing team, and their quest to compete in the 1936 Summer Olympics. There is a PBS documentary about the team that you can watch HERE. It’s a pricey rental, but I just might treat myself!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Compliments on appearance are nice, but when somebody compliments you as a person – your laugh, your personality, your heart – that’s where it’s at.” ~Found here.
4.) LOVELY HOME TOURS: see inside this charming Texas farmhouse that was built to look like it’s been there forever, and take a look at this beautiful new home that melds timeless tradition and modern functionality.
5.) FAVORITE FINDS:
- this stunning and colorful pitcher
- and the matching platter
- this simple yet beautiful floral bunch ceramic pitcher
- this lilypad floral mug
- this set of 4 grain sack inspired placemats
- this set of 2 posy dish towels.
6.) One of my favorite websites to get inspiration and pore over the most amazing decor is McGee & Co. They just launched their 2024 Spring Collection and it is incredible. Their creations are priced a little high for my budget, so I turn to their less expensive collection at Target. It’s part of the Threshold line, and the items are tagged with “designed with Studio McGee.” In my cart right now is this woven block print pillow, this woven floral lumbar pillow, this oval woven tray, and this rustic ceramic vase.
7.) SPLURGE OR SAVE: would you splurge on this Harper Denim rug or save with this Elim Striped rug? What about this gorgeous woven round seagrass side table? Here is almost the same thing, but for much less. Let us know in the comments what you think!
8.) ONE POT DINNERS: nothing is better than a simple, one pot dinner. My dad loves this chili mac, and it’s the best comfort food ever. This potato soup recipe goes together easily in just one pot, as does my vegetable beef soup. Serve all these recipes with this easy rustic instant yeast bread for a wonderful and filling dinner.
9.) As I sit here writing this, parts of Ohio are under a winter weather advisory. We’re expecting freezing rain, and the sky looks angry. For now, I’m grateful that I’m warm, and that I have a safe place to live. During the winter months, I get so tired of the cold and gray, but today I’m thinking positive, and I hope you are too. Glass half full. Have a lovely week!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Winter is the perfect time to do a January reset. After all the Christmas decorations are down, it is a good time to consider making small, thoughtful changes to update the rooms in our homes. I looked at our dining room and living room and made a few changes to bring more warmth and charm into those rooms. Make sure to read Winter Decorating And Small Changes In The Living Room, its full of easy ways to update a room.
2. Amazon Finds: See this week’s favorites.
3. Want to make an easy and adorable sweet treat for Valentine’s Day? I made Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls with my six-year-old granddaughter, and we had so much fun. She made half of them, and I made the other half. However, I did let her do all the sprinkling! We all enjoyed these delicious cinnamon rolls for a mid-morning snack. ❤️
4. Decor Finds:
- this lamp with a cute lampshade
- marble heart tray
- this fern with moss ready to be dropped in any container
- this neutral stripe pillow on sale
- this handsome white dome pendant light
- this versatile upholstered cube ottoman ( I have two in my living room)
- beautiful quality pair of Buffalo Check curtains, on sale (I have in my living room and dining room)
- pair of stunning dining room chairs
- this gorgeous rug I just got for our foyer
6. On The Menu is back by popular demand! This week’s menu features Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, Creamy Pork Tenderloin Medallions, Chili, Sweet And Sour Salmon, Blueberry Muffins, and other delicious recipes to pick and choose from for your menu. Check it out!
7. Fun and Interesting Facts: What is a cow-bison hybrid called? What is Chicago’s nickname, and how did it come about?
8. The Blessing is a song that is so meaningful and beautiful. It brings me to tears every time I hear and sing it. It speaks about God blessing your generations. Sing it for your children and their children and their children for a thousand generations.
9. Capsule Wardrobe: Great deals on winter clothing right now…
- This cable knit sweater got 982 clicks, and 189 items sold
- this pretty quilted jacket on super sale
- LOVE this feminine, wear everywhere top, not on sale but at a good price
- pretty side tie dress on super sale
- quilted mock sweater with side button on sale
Answers to #7: A cow-bison hybrid is called a beefalo. Chicago is called The Windy City. Its name has nothing to do with wind; it was given that nickname in the 1800s by a journalist who thought the local residents were “windbags and full of hot air. Now you know!
Lory | Designthusiam
1. The quest for an organized home is continuing at my house. If you’ve got the decluttering bug, too, check out Dining Room Storage: The Ultimate Guide to Organizing Your Tableware. Need some extra storage spaces? Take advantage of these pieces that can help: Organize Your Home with These Clever Storage Furniture Pieces.
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these ideas for White Bathroom Tile Inspiration, as well as these Mood Boosters to Banish the Winter Blues. Starting to think about Valentine’s Day? Here’s a lovely way to set a romantic table at home: Valentine’s Day Tablescape.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50:
- This delightful pressed floral canister is next on my list.
- This chic and creative colored glass olive oil cruet.
- This charming heart imprint mug (fill with chocolates for a great Valentine’s Day gift).
- This gorgeous blue and white chinoiserie pet bowl.
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100:
- This wonderful ceramic fondue pot set.
- This rustic textured amphora jar.
- This lightweight seagrass tassel throw blanket.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200:
- This beautiful white textured cotton coverlet.
- This stunning large wave bowl.
- This sweet and feminine chinoiserie tea jar.
7. I’ve always had a shortage of accent tables in my home. I’m working on fixing that. If this is you, too, here is: The Ultimate Guide to Decorating with Side Tables.
8. FASHION PICKS: Let’s talk about work out sneakers. If you haven’t given up on that ‘get in shape’ resolution, here are my 3 favorite sneakers for actually working out. My old standby is these Gel Nimbus sneakers. I recently added these super comfy, lighter-than-air ones (but if you run outside a lot, they do wear faster than the others), and I just took this new fave out of the box for both comfort and durability. I keep all 3 in regular rotation, as I at least walk daily and I always want a newer pair when the old ones start wearing down.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m really loving how design is becoming more complex this year, with mixed looks in each home. This designer spotlight shows that concept so well. These spaces are equally as inspiring, mixing darks and lights and traditional with modern. This lovely bath illustrates a similar mix of rustic with modern.
10. UP NEXT: How to stage your own home, even if you’re not selling…
Happy Wednesday, Friends!