Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome To Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #132
Affiliate links may be included at no additional cost to you. For more information, see our Discloser Policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lory | Designthusiam
1. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday and are relaxing with loved ones or cozying up at home in peace. Be sure to check out these Winter Decor Ideas for After Christmas and these 10 Winter Decor Ideas for a Cozy Home.
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these 25 Things to Do Now to Make Life Easy, these 10 Ways to Add Style and Function to Your Home Gym for those concentrating on getting in shape, and 6 Easy Steps to a Fabulous New Year’s Eve Table for those who are not done partying!
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50:
- These jeweled snowflake iced glass pillar candles.
- This wood bark planter with inner glass vase.
- This gold porcelain tree bark tray.
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100:
- This great ‘after-Christmas’ pinecone wreath.
- These cozy wool snowflake pillow covers.
- This walk in the woodland wall art Set of 2.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $300:
- This wonderful fair isle knit throw blanket.
- This set of 3 birch finish decorative vase set.
- This cast bronze magnolia twig candle holder.
7. Want to give your home an instant lift and reflect the winter light? Check out Decorating Your Home with French Style Mirrors.
8. FASHION PICKS: I have a new favorite legging. I live in leggings and have been known to go out to dinner in the same ones I workout in (just add boots, a sweater and a blazer and you’re good to go… and obviously wash them first!) I always loved these Fast and Free ones for the side pocket detail, but my new fave is an even softer fabric. Who knew they come with pockets now, too!
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m all about a clean spare look right now, while warm and cozy at the same time. Loving this wonderful little seating area, this soothing bedroom, and this delightful pantry, all from Kate Marker Interiors.
10. UP NEXT: How to stay organized all year…
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Here at the Tanglewood House, we are all still basking in the glow of the Christmas tree and enjoying the week between Christmas And New Year’s Day. I’m not ready to start taking down my Christmas decorations, but that huge task is on my mind. How about you? You might like to read The Smart Girl’s Guide To Putting Away Christmas Decorations. It’s filled with savvy ways to put Christmas decor away with next year in mind.
2. Amazon Finds: See this week’s favorites.
3. Easy Hacks: To keep fresh herbs looking their best, cut the ends, put them in a glass of water, and stick them in your refrigerator. Put an apple along with your potatoes to keep them from sprouting. Soak cut apples in carbonated water, and they will not turn brown. Put a few drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and put it into your trash cans.
4. My Favorite Picks:
5. My favorite designer, Lisa Holt, talks about Benjamin Moore’s colors of the year. I love Pristine! Here are 7 organizing mistakes you are probably making, and here is a beautiful home tour in Connecticut. And, here is a gracious country home in New York.
6. Capsule Wardrobe Of The Most Comfortable Clothing: this mixed-texture sweater, my favorite wear everywhere, pants, this down vest I love, this gorgeous cashmere sweater, this long duster cardigan, worth every penny-the best shoes ever, these amazing knit pull-on black jeans, and this dressier sweatshirt.
7. Interesting Facts: Where does the word winter come from? What is the fear of snow called?
8. As you put away Christmas decor and start to redecorate your home, here are some very helpful and informative posts that will help: How To Decorate A Buffet Or Any Flat Surface, Beautiful And Easy Dining Room Table Centerpiece Ideas, Smart Ways To Decorate Your Home With What You Have. Did you know there is a section on my blog called Decorating School? It is filled with over 50 posts filled with ideas for decorating your home.
Answer to #7: Winter comes from a Germanic word for the time of water, referring to all the snow and wet weather during this time of year. The fear of snow is called Chionophobia. It comes from the Greek word Chioni, meaning snow, and phobia, meaning fear.
Happy Wednesday, friends!