Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome To Wednesday Weekly Wishlist #113. There is so much to share with you this week, least of all, Fall! We are so glad you stopped by! I’m up first…
1). Fall is in the air at StoneGable! The first thing I do each season is hang a new wreath that I make on my front door. See 5 Favorite And Easy Front Door Decorations that are easy to make your whole entryway fall festive! If you missed 8 Fall Decorating Trends For 2023 You Will Love, 11 Smart And Inexpensive Decorating Ideas, 5 Beautiful Organics To Help You Transition From Summer To Fall, and The Smart Girl’s Guide To Easy Fall Decorating. These posts have everything you will need to know to create a beautiful fall home!
2. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week.
3. Here’s an easy dinner recipe that you can tweak to make your own. In a 9×13 ovenproof pan, place 2 packages of Borsin Cheese, cherry tomatoes, and a head of garlic cut in half. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes. Meanwhile, cook a box of any type of pasta according to the directions. Toss the cooked pasta, fresh basil, and any other cheese in the pan, squeezing out the contents of the garlic. Mix everything together. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little bit of the pasta water. Top with more cheese, and enjoy. I think this is the perfect easy meal for your family or company!
4. Decor Crush:
Under $75: this oatmeal striped pillows (LOVE), this perfect fall candle, this pretty fall stem, this perfect fall basket tray, this harvest wool throw, my favorite water tumbler, this black carved accent table, and this marble pedestal bowl.
5. Beautiful Homes: You will love this house that feels like an old house with the conveniences of a new build, these must-see ideas for setting a table, get 8 pro tips for elevating small spaces in your home.
6. Capsule Wardrobe: this wear anywhere fall pullover sweater, this feminine figure friendly wear everywhere dress, love this quilted jean jacket, this classic zip-up hoodie, this super comfortable jean shirt, and these super comfortable pants.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: How many insects do you probably swallow in a lifetime? What four words in the English language end in “dous”?
8. Did you know that on my homepage, I have a category called DIYs? There you will find lots of do-it-yourself projects for your home. I recently shared my 5 Favorite Fall Wreaths, A Beginner’s Guide To Decoupage and 6 Easy Projects, which is so fun and very addictive, and Fall Centerpieces, The Ultimate Guide.
9. I’ve been very interested in a super easy craft called flower pounding or Tataki zome. It’s the art of pounding a flower between paper or fabric so the dye and shape of the flower transfers onto the transfer medium. I can’t wait to give it a try! Here is a good video and a post (LOVE) for this easy craft! I think fall flowers pounded on the ends of a fall runner would look beautiful! What do you think?
10. Just like most bloggers, I’ve been into fall mode. I’m transforming my blog later this week, and I’ll be offering a Fall e-magazine as well as opening up the Fall Shop! Stop back and see the changes!
Answer To #7: We probably swallow 10 spiders and 70 types of insects in a lifetime, YUCK! Horrendous, tremendous, hazardous, and stupendous are the only words in the English language that end in “dous”.
1. This week I shared my first little fall tour of the year, a seasonal refresh of our bedroom. In the post I talk about decorating for fall once your kids are grown and have left the nest, including 35 ideas for adding fall decor to your home.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This elegant glass cloche with brass knob, these handcrafted terracotta pumpkins, these darling scented glass gourd candles, and these must-have curly willow branches.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This lovely metallic linen pillow paired with this gorgeous floral aviary patterned one. This wonderful woven rattan vase with handles and these statuesque fall eucalyptus branches (love the color!)
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: These beautiful unique shaped wood candle holders, this relaxed chic handwoven throw blanket, this charming preserved poppy fields fall wreath, this fabulous planter with stand, and these awesome wooden drink tables.
5. FEATURED AMAZON FAVES: Rustic coastal beige and aquamarine decor.
6. FASHION PICKS: Last year at this time , I began introducing my seasonal capsule wardrobes and they’ve become so popular, that they’re beginning to outdo my decor posts! Freshly updated for this year is this capsule which shows how to extend and transition your summer wardrobe into fall, with ALL NEW links!
7. Looking to save on fall decor? Here are the best affordable fall decor ideas and how to style them.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I just discovered this awesome Instagram account which really speaks to my love of European-inspired rustic elegance. I spent lots of time looking at his amazing website, as well!
On Sutton Place
1.) I just shared The Ultimate Guide To Fall, and writing all the updates made me even more ready for autumn to arrive. It contains over 100 ideas for celebrating the season, so I know there is something for everyone. As I write this, here in Ohio, there is a cool wind blowing, and I swear I can smell fall in the air. Even if it’s my imagination, it makes me happy!
2.) AMAZON BEST SELLERS: take a look at my Amazon Best Seller page for the latest deals and finds!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like & celebrating it for everything that it is.” ~Mandy Hale
4.) INSPIRATION: Jillian Harris’ farmhouse is cozy and welcoming, find so many ideas in this cowman’s cottage in the Cotswolds, this family-friendly beach house is filled with color and warm wood tones, and if you need inspiration for interior door styles, take a look HERE.
5.) DO YOU LOVE BITTERSWEET? If you do, but have a hard time finding it, I’m here to help. I just ordered a bunch from this seller on Etsy. She’s in Michigan, but I also found this seller in Lancaster, PA. Both sellers are taking pre-orders. Buying it locally is best, but I have never been able to find any, so I decided to order it. If you want some, don’t wait, because the supply is limited.
6.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: I’m not sure how I feel about it yet, but Painkillers, on Netflix, has my attention. The current season of Grantchester (PBS) is over, and I loved the ending. I enjoyed The Lincoln Lawyer and Happiness for Beginners, both on Netflix. Old Netflix favorites you might have missed: Anatomy of a Scandal, Safe, A League Of Their Own, The Young Victoria, The Night Agent, The Last Letter From Your Lover, and Queen Charlotte.
7.) MAKEUP AND SKINCARE FINDS: I just got this popular lipstick, called Pillow Talk, and this matching blush from Charlotte Tilbury. They look very natural, and will be perfect for fall. (I admit they were bought on impulse, but I’m really glad I splurged!) I love this thickening mousse, this mascara, which comes in hard-to-find brown, and this tinted Chapstick in Rose Petal.
8.) Many years ago, I stopped cooking ears of corn in boiling water. If you’ve never cooked it in the microwave, you have to try! Place your clean ears of corn in a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish. Cover it loosely with plastic wrap, making sure to leave an opening for the air to escape. Cook it for 2 minutes per ear…so if you have 6 ears of corn, cook it for 12 minutes. It’s delicious!
9.) Our son and his family spent two weeks here, and left a few days ago. The house is unbelievably quiet, but I’m trying very hard to get back into the swing of things. I have new content planned, and will be rolling it out very soon. So stay tuned!
10.) Wishing you a lovely rest of the week. XO
Happ Wednesday, Friends!