I have the most fabulous recipe for you today!!!! It’s a savory, pudding-like dish infused with lots of pungent Parmesan flavor! This dish is insanely easy to make and can be made ahead… and it’s also company worthy! What could be better! Oh, wait! There’s more… it can be served hot or cold. Parmesan Flan is a must-try in my book!!! I found it in one of my favorite cookbooks.
My sister who is a wonderful cook (really!) turned me on to this recipe in one of our favorite cookbooks.
If you like cooking, Anne Burrell’s COOK LIKE A ROCK STAR is a great cookbook to have in your culinary library!
These flans are creamy and rich and feels like you are eating a cloud!
And Parmesan Flans are so easy to make in cute little ramekins.
I also served mine with Garlic And Herb Grilled Shrimp… another easy recipe. I’ll share it next week.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare 6 - 4ounce ramekins by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray. Spray liberally.
- Add the eggs, cream, cheese, cayenne and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk to incorporate.
- Divide the Parmesan cream between the 6 ramekins.
- Put the ramekins in a large oven proof baking dish and fill the baking dish with hot water to halfway up the ramekins. Cover the whole baking dish with foil and gently put it in the middle of the oven. Make sure none of the water gets into the ramekins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the flan is set. Gently remove the baking dish from the oven and the ramekins from the baking dish. Let them cool until the flans are warm.
- Run a knife around the edge of each ramekin and invert the flan on a plate. Serve immediately.
Remember to pin this to your RECIPE Pinterest board. You can follow me on Pinterest and see all the tons of recipes I have on my FOODIE FUN board HERE!