I have such a delicious, easy-peasy main dish recipe for you today! It’s light and filled with tons of flavor! The shrimp is marinated in a great herb based concoction filled with other flavor-infusing ingredients. And the best part is that it takes literally minutes… about 3 … to grill! This is my new go-to dinner when I don’t want to cook! I cooked the shrimp in the picture on my stove top iron griddle but they can also be cooked on the grill! Oh, yummy!
Here are a couple of tips to make your shrimp easy to cook and very tasty!
After marinading the shrimp I skewered them and put them on my cast iron griddle!
You can brush a little marinade on the shrimp while they are cooking.
Make sure not to over cook them or they will get tough.
Just think of all the way you could use Herb Grilled Shrimp. Hot or cold they are delicious!
- 1 1/2 pound large fresh unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp good Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- dash of hot sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except for the shrimp. Mix to incorporate.
- Peel and devein shrimp leaving on tails. Put shrimp in the marinade mixture. Marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Skewer 5 to 6 shrimp and put on a hot grill, inside or out. Cook on each side for 1 1/2- 2 minutes. The shrimp will cook fast on a hot grill. Brush the shrimp with the marinade while cooking. Do not overcook.
- Eat hot for cold. Serve with lemon slices and halved grape tomatoes.
- Shrimp can be used as a part of other dishes such as shrimp and grits, shrimp linguine or shrimp diablo. This also make a great appetizer.
On Friday May 22nd I’ll be sharing HOW TO REFRESH YOUR LIVING ROOM WITH THESE INEXPENSIVE TIPS as part of
Make sure to stop by StoneGable and and check out my post! I’m thrilled to be a part of PROJECT DESIGN along with these other talented design bloggers!