Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #122. I’m up first today.
Affiliate links included. See our Discloser Policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1). I think Thanksgiving is such a special and beautiful time of the year! And a holiday that deserves its due! It seems to get elbowed out between the hype of Halloween and the tinsel of Christmas! Do you love Thanksgiving as much as I do? I’ve written a Thanksgiving series so we can embrace this glorious, fleeting time of year! 25 Easy And Cozy Thanksgiving Ideas offers ideas for making the most of Thanksgiving!
2. This week is the last week to get our free 36-page Fall Inspiration Ideabook. I’m working on one for Christmas for next week. So, get the Fall e-magazine before it is gone!
3. Thanksgiving And More Crushes: this chunky throw on my sunroom sofa, these wonderful absorbent waffle weave towels, this stunning neutral and wood loveseat, these detailed Turkey Salt And Pepper Shakers for our Thanksgiving table (great hostess gift), these reversible fall/Thanksgiving set of 6 napkins on sale, this flameless flickering wax pinecone perfect for Christmas too, and these beautiful candlesticks, this, this and this glass hurricane on super sale (got them for the table).
4. Are you a guest at someone’s Thanksgiving table this year? 12 Tips To Be The Best Thanksgiving Guest is a must-read!
5. Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas: This is a fabulous video for preparing Turkey 4 ways. I’ve used Turkey 101 for decades! However, I make my grandmother’s stuffing. Here is a video for a make-ahead turkey gravy I make it every year, too. I add some of the buttery wine dripping from the Turkey to the make-ahead gravy, and it is delicious and so easy! And here’s my favorite Cranberry Orange Sauce and a yummy Pumpkin Spice Cake With Maple Glaze. It’s made from a box mix, shhhh! No one will know!
6. Capsule Wardrobe For Chilly Weather: This gorgeous Italian Boiled Wool top coat (on sale, LOVE !), this ruffled collar merino wool sweater, last week’s most popular sweater, this casual sweater I just got and love, this very pretty reversible barn jacket, this attractive wear-anywhere sweater jacket, and these comfortable driving mocs.
7. Are you going to clean your oven before Thanksgiving. It’s been a while, so I am going to tackle mine too. And I want the glass on my ovens to sparkle! Here’s a great way to clean it. And how about cleaning your refrigerator too? Even if you are not hosting Thanksgiving, this is a great time to get those kitchen appliances in tip-top order for the Christmas season!
8. The Legend Of The Five Kernels Of Corn is a lovely way to count your blessings around your Thanksgiving table. We have done this for years, and it has become a beloved family tradition.
10. Did you know that my blog has about 200 Weekly Seasonal Menus? I’ve done all the work for you and created creative and delicious dinner menus. See all the Fall Menus here.
1. If you’d like to update a bathroom but are not looking to gut your existing space, you might enjoy this pair of posts. First we did this Bathroom Makeover on a Tight Budget which shows ways to make the space more presentable without doing any renovation. And this brand new Bathroom Remodel without Removing the Vanity shows the same space with a limited remodel that really transformed it while saving money.
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. With the holiday season on the horizon and lots of entertaining in the coming weeks, be sure to check out this guide to 36 French Inspired Hostess Gift Ideas to bring as a guest (or to buy for yourself, too!)
4. Holiday decor that’s special and unique: UNDER $50
- These awesome chunky knit holiday icons stockings
- These gorgeous silent night egg ornaments (set of 3)
- These stunning pearlized abalone shell trees
- This wonderful dried orange slice garland
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100:
- This lovely pomegranate and berry wreath
- These charming wicker sleigh bells (set of 2)
- These adorable antique cream ceramic cottages (set of 5)
- This beautiful marble and brass cake stand
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200:
- This luxe faux fur tree skirt
- This handcrafted terracotta nativity set
- This darling holiday tree charcuterie board
- This cozy Stewart plaid and faux fur throw blanket
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared tips for How to Add a Touch of Luxury to Your Guest Room, this Elegant Fall Tablescape with an unexpected color palette, and tips for Refining Your Home Office Decor (detailing how our study has evolved and refined over time).
8. FASHION PICKS: A great transitional fall look…
- This ruffle mock neck lightweight sweater
- These must-have Spanx flare jeans
- This cozy and classic neutral wool coat
- These lovely pointed toe suede booties
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I love this stunning pumpkin. What a creative idea! Here’s a lovely fall mantel, but the gorgeous bookcase styling is what really caught my eye. Smitten with this rich and lush fall living room. It just makes me want to sip a brandy… 😉
10. UP NEXT: I just may be dipping my toe into holiday decor inspiration and planning…
On Sutton Place
1.) NEW ON THE BLOG: I just shared a yummy recipe for Cream of Tomato Soup that’s super simple…and from start to finish, it takes less than an hour. I shared some with my dad, and a couple of friends, and they all gave it a thumbs up!
2.) Have you heard of Souper Cubes? I had not…but a reader told me about them, and they are not only practical, but convenient as well…especially if you are cooking for two. Think ice cube trays, but much bigger vessels. Click over to my Amazon page to take a look!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The real things haven’t changed. It’s still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.” ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
4.) LOVELY INSPIRATION: this Tennessee cottage that was meant for laid-back mountain living, this B&B-inspired Cape Cod charmer, this Orange County home that showcases neutrals that are anything but boring, and on the flip side, this colorful Maine beach house that reflects pure New England charm.
5.) If you don’t have a Target close-by, take a look at this video that highlights all the new holiday items from Hearth & Hand. Shopping online can be a challenge, and this influencer shows you everything up close, and even shares the prices. I thought all the holiday greenery was especially lovely.
6.) CURRENT PILLOW CRUSHES: this neutral set with tons of texture, this cozy plaid pillow cover, this gorgeous red herringbone cover with fringe, and this green winter plaid pillow cover…I just ordered 2!
7.) Collecting is something we do to make ourselves happy, and in turn, these collections can double as decor for our homes. My favorite thing to collect is ironstone pitchers. Some of my pitchers are vintage ironstone, however most of them have been collected from places like HomeGoods and T.J. Maxx, and are not actually ironstone. Pitchers come in all sizes, and in all price ranges. This pitcher is classic and generously sized. This beauty is a timeless shape, and this one has both form and function. I have a vintage version of this milk pitcher that belonged to my mom…and it’s my all-time favorite!
8.) Yvonne, Lory and I love that the response to our Wish List continues to be positive and appreciative. We look forward to it every week! If you are new, and want to catch up on previous editions, just click HERE.
9.) Wishing everyone grace and peace. XO
Happy Wednesday, Friends!