Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Affiliate links included. See our Discloser Policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s begin with Ann this week…
On Sutton Place
1.) Our living room is decorated and ready for Christmas! Even though I had to admit defeat when one of my ideas didn’t work, I love the way the simple and timeless decor came together. Come on over and look around!
2.) Are you wishing for some easy and quick Christmas ideas? If you are raising your hand, I’ve got you covered! In my post Easy Last Minute Christmas Ideas, I’m sharing simple place setting ideas and centerpieces, plus a gift idea that comes straight from your kitchen…and your heart. Included are yummy quick bread recipes, and lovely ways to wrap your homemade loaves.
3.) GIVEAWAY #2: head over to my Instagram account to enter my second holiday giveaway. All the entry information is available in my stories. (Once you are on my profile page, just tap my round picture in the upper left corner to see my stories.) This week I’m giving away my all-time favorite set of small loaf pans to TWO lucky winners!
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn.”
5.) INSPIRING HOME TOURS: take this vintage-inspired home tour where the homeowner thinks twinkle lights and nostalgia are must-haves for the holiday season. After that, visit this home featuring warm golds, vibrant greens, and blooming magnolias where the homeowner mixes whimsical tones with the season’s natural elements.
6.) CHRISTMAS DECOR INSPIRATION: take a look at this collection of cottage Christmas porches and exteriors that glow with holiday charm, and then get inspired by this woodsy glam Christmas tree that’s classic and charming.
7.) Do you wish you had gorgeous and thick eyebrows? Me too! I struggled with my eyebrows until I found this brow brush from RMS Beauty. Instead of being angled, the plush, dense brush sweeps powder easily through the brow for a full, natural look. This brush was a game changer for me. I’ve tried many brow powders, but my favorite is by Arches & Halos in the color Mocha Blonde. I dab the brush on the light side first, then the dark side, and apply it to my brows.
8.) YUMMY CHRISTMAS MOCKTAIL IDEA: delight adults and kids alike with this sparkling cranberry Christmas mocktail. With just 3 ingredients, it’s a super easy recipe and so quick to throw together.
9.) OUTERWEAR FAVORITES: this insulated quilted coat keeps me so warm when Millie and I are walking, and I love that this cute vest is long and lightweight. I got this reversible barn coat last year, and it’s back in stock. It’s under $80.00 if you use the code FLURRIES. Last but not least, this plaid puffer vest is absolutely adorable, and it’s 40% off until December 10th!
10.) MY WISH FOR YOU: a week filled with productive days and restful sleep at night. XO
1). Happy December, Friends! There are so many things to celebrate and do in December. December Is A Great Month To… is a must-read to make the most of the magic of every day in December!
2. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week.
3. Make your home smell like Christmas with this Christmas Simmer Pot. I used fresh fruit, herbs, spices, and a bit of evergreen to create a scent that wafts Christmas spirit throughout our home. Also, see a recipe for making Christmas Simmer Pots as gifts using dried fruit. Festive printable gift tags for the Simmer Pots are included in this post
4. Gifts For The Hostess: this pretty chunky bracelet, this set of 4 gingerbread snowflake appetizer plates, this sweet pre-lit rosemary tree, this Stewart plaid monogrammed candles, this beautiful faux white poinsettia (on sale), this gilded decorative tray, and this trio of canisters with wooden lids.
6. No Bake Cookies: The first time I tasted these cookies, I was hooked! They are addictive and so sweet and salty and delicious. And They are so so easy to make. Melt 2 cups of butterscotch chips and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a large bowl in the microwave until just melted. Add 1-1/2 cups of peanuts and 2-1/2 cups gently crushed potato chips (I use the ridged kind) to the chocolate. Gently mix. If there is too much chocolate, add more potato chips. Scoop out the cookie mixture with a large spoon and drop it onto parchment paper. Let them set for 2 hours. Enjoy!
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What does the word mistletoe mean in German? What month starts on the same day every year as December, and what month ends on the same day every year?
8. Cozy Capsule Wardrobe: this off-white puffer coat (on sale), this pretty sweater (on sale), this gorgeous ruffled neck sweater (on sale), this beige textured sweater (LOVE), and favorite comfy and smart-looking pants.
9. Christmas Movies To See: I Heard The Bells is a beautiful, true story about how a famous Christmas song came about. The scenes inside the house are actually the stunning Victorian home of a friend of mine. Bobby and I just watched An Affair To Remember. This movie always makes me get teary eyed. And The Shepherd is a movie I have not seen yet, but think the trailer looks very interesting.
10. There are 19 days until Christmas! Let’s not get stressed, but there are only 19 days until Christmas. However, this is a reminder to enjoy and soak in every minute of this special, holy season. 10 Ways To Get Into The Christmas Spirit has lots of ways to feel merry and bright!
Answer to #7: Mistletoe means dung on a twig in German because the Mistle thrush bird eats the berries and spreads the seeds with its droppings. September starts on the same day every year as December, and April ends on the same day every year? Now you know.
1). If you’re someone who cares about how you decorate your home, then I know you try hard to express your personal style in your holiday decor, as well. This week’s featured post, Christmas Tree Decorating with Personal Style, takes a look at how I brought my favorite aspects of French vintage style to my tree, and how you can do the same with your unique look
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. Is your front porch ready to welcome holiday guests? See these 20 Christmas Porch Decor Ideas for inspiration.
5. Here are the top sellers from the past couple of weeks:
TOP SELLERS UNDER $55:
- This shimmer snowflake pillow (replaces the sherpa one which is sold out).
- This Stewart plaid pillow cover.
- These pretty ceramic village houses.
- These artificial magnolia branches.
6. TOP SELLERS UNDER $110:
- This pine green sweater knit throw blanket.
- These hand carved angel statues (set of 2).
- This gorgeous eucalyptus and pine garland.
7. TOP SELLERS UNDER $200:
- This delightful entrance tree.
- This washable wool plaid throw.
- This festive Santa’s sleigh party bucket.
8. FASHION PICKS: Three pairs of boots I recently bought and am loving include these super comfy platform Uggs, these must-have adjustable back classic rain boots, and these tall leather chelsea boots (perfect with tan or brown leggings).
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I love updated, but I can never get too far from my beloved European influence. I’m absolutely in love with every inch of this home. Be sure to scroll. I’m always on the hunt for modern French design and this kitchen says it perfectly. This romantic work space is just gorgeous, with bits of modern rustic mixed with vintage French.
10. UP NEXT: The best holiday mantel decor ideas…
Have a wonderful Wednesday!