Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #116. We are so glad you are joining us. I’m up first this week…
1). Happy September, Friends! September came rushing in with a whirlwind of fall decorating. This year, I took a much more edited, simple, and easygoing approach to fall decor. You can see my 2023 Fall Home Tour and get lots of ideas for decorating this season. Also, I shared about our home, our lives, and fun little tidbits. Our front door is open, I hope you come on in! And don’t miss The Smart Girl’s Guide To Easy Fall Decorating.
2. I saw this easy Pumpkin Dump Cake on Instagram and thought it was genius! In a 9 x 13 pan, dump in 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 can of evaporated milk, 1 cup of sugar, 3 eggs and whisk it right in the pan to combine. Sprinkle 1 box of spice cake (dry) evenly over the ingredients in the pan. Melt 2 sticks of butter and drizzle it on top of the spice cake mix. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes until done. Your home will smell like fall! YUM!
3. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week.
4. Fall has inspired me so much this year! I guess it is because I am glad to see this summer exit. That inspiration lead to writing a bunch of posts to inspire YOU. Make sure to check out these helpful fall posts: 8 Designer Tips To Create A More Elevated Look In Your Fall Home, A Few Of My Favorite Things- The Fall Edition, and Designer Planters Done The Easy Way. And if you need more inspo, go HERE.
5. Best Buys under $40: This rattan tray, this vase, this faux seeded eucalyptus wreath, this trio of gold taper candlesticks, this beautiful goldenrod plant in a white vase, this pretty knit throw in a variety of colors, this amber glass pumpkin candle (20 oz), this beautiful copper and brass colander (perfect for fall decorating), and this beautiful white crackle vase.
6. Magnolia Workshop has wonderful videos. You can join Perks for free and get access to videos about home, cooking, gardening, DIYs, and so much more. See this trailer for Where We Gather and this one for Cook Like A Chef.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: How did you get the name September? What event in September marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall?
8. Cute Things To Wear This Fall: This attractive puffer vest (on sale), these hammered gold hoop earrings (LOVE), my favorite pants for fall (I love how they fit), this beautiful sweater blazer, these comfortable driving mocs, and this classic denim jean jacket.
9. Soup is a staple in our home. I’m in the kitchen cooking up a couple new soups to share. But until they’re ready, I thought she would like Seven Delicious Soups For Fall. They are all easy to make, and I have included some delicious breads to go with them. Let’s celebrate fall by making and eating some scrumptious soups
10. One of the things I like best about fall is pumpkins. The more unique, colorful, and misshapen, the better I like them. I found these pumpkins on sale. I think they are a fabulous buy and would make a great addition to any fall home.
Answer to #7: Septem means seven in Latin, and September was the seventh month of the year on the Roman calendar. January and February did not exist. The Autumnal Equinox marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall. This year, it occurs on Saturday, Sept. 23, 2023, at 2:49 am. Now you know.
1. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these three fall decorating posts: How to Style Your Autumn Mantel in 3 Easy Steps, these Ideas for Decorating Your Living Room for Fall and Using Fall Accents to Warm Up a White Bedroom.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50ish: These gorgeous fall branches, this reclaimed wood vase, this cute two-tone chunky linen tassel lumbar pillow, this found wood rustic milk jug vase, and this lovely round woven seagrass tray.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100ish: These iron taper candlesticks (my next purchase!), this timeless light wood console table, this stunning cream lunaria wreath, and this lovely burled wood tray.
6. FASHION PICKS: AMAZING SALES FOR WEEKEND-WEAR FROM H&M! This silky V-neck blouse, this oversized fine knit cashmere cardigan, these wide leg cargo pants, these must-have chunky loafers and this textured tweed lady jacket.
7. LUXURY PICK: These stylish sunglasses are super flattering and on sale for a terrific price!!
8. FURNITURE DEALS: This plush boucle swivel chair, this unbelievably well-priced sofa, this beautiful washed wood nightstand, this stunning wingback cane headboard. Isn’t this rattan trimmed armchair so pretty? Here’s a wonderful trestle coffee table to work with the mix. I love the white stain combo, but they’re all nice. You’ll love this lovely chest if you’re a fan of the popular spindle chair.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I absolutely love the way this dining room brings the outdoors in. It’s warm and bright, organic and elegant. Also crushing on the fresh crisp look of this utterly perfect bedroom and the openness of this stunning living room with elegant mix of vintage with modern.
10. UP NEXT: The fall capsule…
On Sutton Place
1.) New on the blog this week are two fall posts that were so fun for me, and I hope you enjoy them too. First is our front porch simply decorated for autumn, and there’s also an easy craft project that turns dried gourds into show stopping decor accessories.
2.) Check out all my favorite Amazon finds HERE!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” Found HERE.
4.) PLACES THAT INSPIRE: this 400 square foot North Carolina cottage shows how amazing a small space can be, this simple Shaker farmhouse in Minnesota is beautifully decorated and so cozy, I’m in love with the banquette eating area in this Southern Highlands cottage, and if you are looking for a new Instagram account to follow, @thevintageroad is an excellent choice!
5.) I believe you can never have too much inspiration, so in addition to my own fall planter ideas, I found these 10 unique planter ideas that are perfect for the autumn months. Included are ways to incorporate coleus, ornamental grasses, and beautiful fall mums.
6.) Whether you call them foyers or entryways, these rooms are very important because they are the introduction to your home. This collection of 10 character-filled entryways is full of inspiration and easy-to-do ideas.
7.) JUST UPDATED! I’m hard at work again updating my collection of recipes. I just made this delicious beef barley soup, and I also revised my chicken noodle casserole recipe. I added new information to my recipe for walnut fig baked brie, and I also recently made a loaf of this amazing garlic cheese bread. I hope you guys are hungry!
8.) FAVORITE FASHION FINDS: this super cute and cozy teddy fleece jacket, these dressy black ponte knit pants, this crisp go-with-everything white blouse, this darling denim jacket with a flirty peplum hem (LOVE THIS), this really pretty shirttail tee, this stunning houndstooth jacquard top, and this striped scoop neck tee.
9.) A few weeks ago, when I asked for content ideas for our Wednesday posts, there were quite a few requests for more Millie pictures and stories. For those of you who don’t know, Millie is our little miniature schnauzer puppy. She’s just a year and a half, and totally darling. She is also a handful! When I was photographing our fall front porch, I tried SO HARD to get a picture of her. I literally worked up a sweat, but was unsuccessful. She just wouldn’t cooperate and after a while, I had to give up. But I will keep trying!
10.) Wishing you all a lovely week. XO