Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist #106. We are so glad you are taking a break and joining us. Lory is up first…
This post may contain affiliate links. See our Discloser Policy.
1. This week’s all new featured post looks at how to modernize French Country decor and outlines the differences between traditional French Country and modern French Country, with tips for how to achieve an updated aesthetic if this is a style you love.
2. FASHION PICKS: I’ve spent a bit of time reviewing my summer wardrobe and realized I’m not a fan of bright colorful clothing, but I also don’t want to wear all black in the summer. As such, I’ve focused my attention on a capsule of black, white, and khaki basics mixed to their best advantage. Favorite pieces include this perfect white tee with black Bermuda shorts, this white cotton midi dress with khaki linen cardigan, this white tank top with black cropped jeans (pair with the same khaki sweater), this bi-color tank top with white linen pants, this black maxi dress (or this black slip dress) with khaki boyfriend blazer, this khaki midi slip skirt with black linen top and white oversized shirt. Boom… done! (If you’re following the capsule, be sure to look at the colorway I suggested. The links don’t always open to the color I picked.)
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This awesome water hyacinth tub basket, this great neutral rustic chic throw pillow, these American flag chambrey napkins (set of 4), and this Turkish fringe cotton throw blanket.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This beautiful blue and white melamine dinnerware set (half price!), this tranquil landscape wall art, these lovely heathered beige linen boxes (set of 2), this chic natural wood accent table, and this rustic metal handcrafted ice bucket.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these ideas for adding warmth to a neutral living room, how to create a welcoming guest room, how to create inexpensive charming mason jar centerpieces, and how to use pretty linens to create a lovely summer table.
7. Of all the rooms in my home, the one the often resonates most with readers is the story of how we transformed our dining room without replacing the furniture. I have several posts that have shown the evolution each step of the way, and you see the third wave of changes in the post linked here.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: So many great sales on outdoor furniture, including this perfect outdoor chat set, this cozy wicker egg chair, this 4-piece wicker conversation set, this 2-pc wicker loveseat and ottoman set, and this fabulous 5-piece wicker conversation set.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I absolutely love how this home hits the perfect note of modern mixed with rustic. Here’s another wonderful mix of rustic traditional with modern, but done with more color and darks and lights. This home veers a little more true modern and yet still utilizes rustic notes to warm up the spaces. The use of black is perfection.
10. UP NEXT: the entry foyer update…
On Sutton Place
1.) This week on the blog, I shared how farmhouse style decor blends beautifully with the concept of simple living. Learn more and read the post HERE.
2.) Are you ready for your 4th of July celebrations? If you need a little inspiration, I have some easy ideas: make a banner with my printable patriotic alphabet, make these strawberry parfaits and just add a few blueberries, make this cute cookie cake, treat yourself to some bright and colorful melamine dinnerware, have the kids help and make these fruit sparklers, or make these darling little mini trifles.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Something beautiful happens when you give people a bit of your heart instead of a piece of your mind.” (Found on Quotes To Inspire.)
4.) Do you wish it wasn’t so hard to change the sheets on your bed? Believe me, I know how you feel! About 3 months ago I discovered the Quickzip Fitted Sheet. I got the ivory percale, and have washed it several times. I love it! It makes changing the sheets on our bed SO much easier, and not something I dread anymore. Just FYI, the entire site is 20% off right now…and this isn’t an affiliate link. This sheet made my life easier, and I wanted to share.
5.) THINGS TO INSPIRE: this very cozy and laid back farmhouse, this New England style boathouse in London, 15 of the most beautiful bathrooms you’ve ever seen, and 7 ideas for planking your ceilings or walls.
7.) If your herbs are growing faster than you can use them, consider drying them in the oven. I’ve been doing it for years, and it’s so rewarding.
8.) FAVORITE FINDS: this raspberry syrup that’s delicious in ginger beer or sparkling water, this stunning gold finish console table (also comes in black), this generous round wood board, this indigo botanical framed art, this gorgeous embroidered tunic at 40% off, and this super cute lace tunic with over 1,000 reviews.
9.) Do you wish you could shop online more efficiently? Stay tuned because I’m working on a post that shows you how to do just that. It will include ways to narrow down the results, the best search terms, and so much more. If you aren’t an OSP email subscriber, join us here so you don’t miss a thing.
10.) Have a wonderful weekend and a safe July 4th! XO
1). Happy 4th Of July! By the next time we meet again, the 4th will be over.
We have lots of family coming for an extended weekend, so I’ll be doing lots of cooking. Did you know that every other Friday, I post Recipe Roundups? Like 47 Scrumptious Summer Salads, 53 Favorite Summer Recipes From Grillin’ To Chillin’, and 42 Tex Mex Recipes! So many of these recipes would be delicious for celebrating Independence Day! Each Recipe Roundup has 30+ recipes and is a cookbook worth of the best recipes in their category!
2. Amazon Finds: Go HERE to see all the pretty and interesting things I’ve found for you at Amazon!
3. What A Great Idea: If you don’t like the new plastic-y toothpaste tubes, raise your hand. I see you, and I don’t like them either. Getting toothpaste out of them is hard. Here’s a great solution for those horrible toothpaste tubes… Get a small soap dispenser (like this one) and a few tubes of blue gel-type toothpaste, and some blue mouthwash. Squeeze all the toothpaste you can into the soap dispenser and top it off with a small amount of mouthwash. Shake it up, and mix everything together. And dispense your toothpaste!
4. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $100: This pretty doormat (I just got), this beautiful painting, this wooden lantern with battery-operated candle, these pretty jadeite-like dishes, this dinner bell (LOVE), a trio of brass candlesticks, my favorite summer sea glass beaded garland, and this handcrafted candle holder (LOVE),
6. The 4th Of July is a great time to read the Declaration Of Independence, The Bill Of Rights, and our Constitution. And as we celebrate the birthday of our great country, remember to pray for all our countrymen and our leaders. I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 1 Tim 2:1-2
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: Who was the first person to sign the Declaration Of Independence? How many times does the Liberty Bell ring on every Independence Day?
8. Capsule Wardrobe: these sandals, these wear with everything drop earrings, this French tote, this summery tunic, these denim star-spangled shorts, this gauze popover, these beautiful black and white wide leg cropped pants, this summer weight tunic cardigan, and this mother-of-pearl cuff bracelet.
Answers to #7: John Handcock was the first signer of the Declaration Of Independence. The Liberty Bell ring 13 times on every Independence Day for the original 13 states.