Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
It feels like summer! I used to dread summer’s heat and humidity and really did not like summer much at all. But now I concentrate on all the wonderful things I love about this season, like tending my gardens and enjoying containers of flowers, and hydrangeas, and grilling and fresh herbs and long evenings on the patio, and fireflies, and swimming, vacations with my kids and grandbabies, and fields of corn and other produce all around me. How could I not LOVE summer! I hope your summer is filled with things you love too! Ann’s up first this week…
On Sutton Place
1.) NEW ON THE BLOG: I shared my family’s favorite recipe for Rice Krispie treats. A twist on the classic recipe, it makes a 9 x 13 pan of rich and creamy squares. It’s super easy, and so good!
2.) ON MY WISHLIST: I so wish I had room for this outdoor sectional sofa. It would be the perfect lounging space! I’m thinking about this colorful rug for our entry, I want to find a space for this small piece of wall art of a coastal seaside manor, and I adore this round beaded mirror.
3.) FASHION FINDS: I have these cute mules in brown and black…and I would LOVE to have them in the natural raffia. This linen-blend tunic is the perfect summer top, and this adorable tote is a fun and summery splurge.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “We can find everything we are seeking, everything we are longing for, within the confines of our own spirit. We need only the courage to delve deep and call it forth.” ~Hera Morgan
5.) BESTSELLERS: a bunch of you snatched up this easy way to organize your resealable bags, for the second month in a row, you loved this set of 4 coordinating pillow covers, and I was happy to see that you treated yourselves to this budget-friendly and classic spindle chair. Whenever I share the link to my favorite leggings, you stock up, you’re still buying this potting bench, and you liked this lumbar pillow that’s available in 6 colors.
6.) INSPIRING THINGS: this house in Australia with vintage French charm, this guide for hosting a wine and cheese night for the girls, this refreshed front door, and this easy-to-follow tutorial for filling your outdoor planters with faux plants and flowers.
7.) SOMETHING LOVELY TO LISTEN TO: I really enjoyed the new series called A Small Light that’s streaming now on Hulu and Apple TV+. I also loved the music that was featured during and after each episode. My favorite is this rendition of “When You’re Smiling.” Add it to a playlist!
8.) RE-SHARE: As I was strolling through this slideshow of outdoor dining spaces, each one made me smile. Get ideas and beautiful inspiration at the link.
9.) If you have a garden, and even if you don’t, it’s easy to incorporate garden art into your outdoor space that reflects your own personal style. By adding a statue of St. Francis to our tiny container garden, I am able to enjoy something I love, and something that was used in my previous garden.
10.) June dawns tomorrow…wishing you a lovely month. XO
1. We just finished a big DIY home project. We transformed our golden oak staircase. It was dated and made our home look tired. So we painted it! Did you know you can paint golden oak and get rid of the grain? I’ll show you how in this post, How To Paint A Golden Oak Staircase.
3. Did you know that 75% of Americans say that chocolate chip is their favorite cookie? Mine too. We make Barley Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies With Sea Salt, and they are my family’s favorite! These cookies are just so good! Crisp on the outside and gooey and soft on the inside. Time to make another batch!
4. My Weekly Decor Crushes: This week, I’m sharing amazing items I found this week with you in mind. This pretty rattan caddy, this large neutral floral patterned pillow (on sale), this pretty round end table (on sale), this super versatile round lamp, and this swoop arm blue and white chair, these handsome black wood frames with white mattes (on sale), natural wood and black metal blanket ladder, beautiful white bowl with rope handles, these beautiful wicker boxes I love, and a wicker poof I am obsessed with.
5. Easy Healthy-ish Recipe: My new favorite way to make a creamy salad dressing is to combine 1/2 cup of fat-free Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese in a blender and whizz it up. This makes a nice creamy base for adding acid, like lemon or vinegar, herbs, and other things to make a cream-style salad dressing.
7. Wardrobe Capsule Wardrobe with lots of sales this week: this pretty monogram link necklace, this trio of perfect summer bangles, love this classic white gauze shirt, best white denim cropped pants, my favorite summer blouse, wear everywhere dress, classic and colorful bateau tee, natural fiber espadrilles, and my favorite crushable sun hat (so comfortable).
8. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is June’s birthstone? What is the full moon on June 3rd called?
9. Summer Decorating: Summer Porch And Patio Ideas is still a reader favorite this summer. And if you missed it or want to revisit it, make sure to stop by and take a 2023 Summer Home Tour with me. Also popular is The Ultimate Guide To Container Gardening.
10. Best Amazon Finds: go HERE to see all the interesting things I’ve found for you at Amazon!
Answer to #8: June’s traditional birthstone is a pearl. It can also be moonstone or Alexandrite. The full moon on June 3rd is called the Strawberry moon.
1. This week I shared two of my top summer posts. If you want to add simple summer style to the inside of your home check out 50 Creative Ideas for Decorating Your Summer Mantel. More into decorating the outside of your home for summer? Try this post on Creating an ‘Outdoor Room’ on Your Patio.
2. FASHION PICKS: A compact beach weekend capsule: this flattering and comfortable tankini swim suit and bottom, this classic one-piece swim suit, this super-cute striped cover up, this frill v-neck blouse with these great linen shorts, these chic flat sandals, this cute straw tote bag and this adorable off-the-shoulder A-line dress for dinner.
3. FURNITURE DEALS: I’ve just decided to convert a spare bedroom into an upstairs den. It took 4 simple pieces (actually 5 since I got 2 of the end tables) and a very straightforward layout. Will do a post when it’s complete, but it’s comprised of this comfy track-arm sofa, these casual sandstone end tables, this rustic coffee table, and this bead board paneled wall unit.
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50ish: This lovely herringbone summer throw blanket, this natural fringe cotton runner, this pretty summery pillow cover, and this long narrow wood serving board with handle.
7. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This beautiful white ceramic pitcher (makes a great special occasion gift), this wicker bar cart, these on-trend swing arm wall lamps (set of 2), and this grass and eucalyptus summer wreath.
8. A lot of people know their style and feel confident with their design direction, but when it comes to room layout, they can use some help. If this is you, check out Understanding Room Layout and Furniture Placement.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Crushing on the indoor outdoor vibe of this lovely home, madly in love with the magnificent drama of this account in Provence, crazy about the amazing details of this stunning home exterior.
10. UP NEXT: a kitchen remodel and adding summer decor to the kitchen.
Happy Wednesday, Friends!