This post is a part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Barilla®, but all the opinions are my own. #pmedia, #OnePotPasta, http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Pasta Carbonara is one of those fabulous meals that you have to eat to understand! And when you try it you will be hooked forever! It is so delicious and creamy and cheesy and infused with great bacon flavor! It’s what I call a pantry meal. I make it with things I have on hand in my pantry and frig. Pasta Carbonara is a family favorite! It’s budget friendly, feeds a crowd and is easy to make. A scrumptious winner for sure…
Pasta Carbonara is the perfect, quick meal for when the family gathers. And this dish became a one pot meal with the help of Barilla Pronto Pasta.
Barilla Pronto Pasta is a new and awesome pasta that make fantastic al dente pasta without waiting for a pot of water to boil and no draining either! I am very, VERY picky about pasta not tasting “starchy” so I was a little skeptical. But Pronto Pasta won me over. It is REALLY delicious!!!
Here’s all you need to make this scrumptious meal… IN ONE POT
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- FRESH HERBS
You won’t believe the great dish that can be coaxed out of these simple fresh flavors!
I started dinner and while I took picture my daughter-in-law Abigail took over. Our island is the gathering place in the kitchen! My sweet mother is always around to pitch in too!
Family dinner nights are my absolute favorite. It’s our time to kick back, reconnect and have fun! Because we all have busy lives it’s all the more important to be intentional and make time for those we love! And in my family that usually includes a great, easy meal!
And what could be easier than a pasta dinner that can be made in ONE POT!!! Here’s how it works…
Dinner included Pasta Carbonara, an Arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette, assorted marinaded olives and something refreshing to drink! We could not wait to dig in to this delightful meal! Well, that is after Abby gave Chris a little kiss! They just celebrated their second anniversary!
I hope you will try this tasty dish… and Barilla Pronto Pasta!
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Pasta Linguine
- 6 ounces of cooked bacon chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 TBS fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 box of frozen baby peas
- Follow the directions on the box of Barilla Linguine and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the Parmesan cheese. Mix.
- When the pasta is done, add the garlic and cook for 2 minute.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the egg and Parmesan cheese mixture VIGOROUSLY! Stir very fast until the egg is mixed and the Parmesan cheese is melted. Add enough hot water to loosen up pasta and make a sauce.
- Mix in the bacon and the fresh herbs and pepper. If you want to add peas do it now. I am NOT a fan of peas so my Pasta Carbonara is san peas!
- Put the pan back on the stove and cook until it is warmed through.
- Serve immediately. Top with extra cheese and fresh herbs.
I make my bacon in the oven on a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until crisp. Drain. I keep cooked bacon in the freezer ready to be used when I need it.