Arugula in my garden is riotous this year! It must love all the cool weather we are having!
Ooops! Did I just say the best summer salad? What I meant to say was the best and easiest summer salad!
Arugula Salad is ON THE MENU at least once a week… and now a whole lot more!
Here’s how I make it…
This salad can be made with any fresh greens, but the slightly peppery taste of arugula is my very favorite!
Add grilled chicken or salmon and you have a beautiful dinner salad!
just picked and ready to be washed
ARUGULA SALAD WITH SHAVED PARMESAN, PINE NUTS AND A LEMON VINAIGRETTE
The best salad! Lots of great intense flavors. Peppery, lemony and salty. So easy to make!
Write a review
- 1 bunch or bag of baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Put arugula in a salad bowl.
- Toast pine nuts in a small dry pan over medium heat. Toss and watch them closely. They will burn quickly. Keep tossing occasionally. When they are toasted, spill them onto a paper towel and let them cool.
- In a small jar add olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Shake to emulsify.
- Dress arugula with dressing. Don't be too heavy handed.
- Add Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts. Toss.
- Serve immediately.
This is my go-to favorite salad… I hope it will be your too!
Remember to pin this to your RECIPE or SALAD Pinterest boards. You can follow me on Pinterest HERE and see what I’m finding to pin!!!