Our Christmas dinner is usually easy to make. After a huge fancy brunch, lots of gift giving, nibbling on cheese trays and hors-d’oeuvres, eating our weights in cookies and time with family the last thing I want to do is make a complicated meal. So I have several easy company worthy dinners up my fur-cuffed sleeves to quickly and almost effortless put a gorgeous Christmas dinner on the table! One of my favorite main courses is Holiday Beef Brisket. It’s a make-ahead-in-the-slow-cooker meal. What could be easier! I’ll show you how I make it!
This very Holiday Beef Brisket will be our Christmas meal!
Just 3 ingredients and a bit of time will give you scrumptiously tender, full of flavor meat!
Brisket loves to be cooked low and slow as it becomes soft and shreddable and it’s rich beefy flavor develops.
- 3 1/2 pound beef brisket This is important- have your butcher cut the fat cap off of the beef brisket. If your butcher does not do this you can do it with a sharp knife.
- 1 packet of Onion Soup Mix
- 1 14 oz. can of cranberry sauce
- Put the brisket in the bottom of a slow cooker. Mix the Onion Soup Mix and the Cranberry Sauce together with just a little water. in a medium size bowl. Pour the mixture over the brisket.
- Cook for 6-8 hour on or until the beef is very tender and falling apart.
- Take the beef out of the slow cooker and shed or slice. Wrap in foil and refrigerate.
- Put the au juice in the refrigerator until the fat separates from the liquid and forms a cap. Take off the fat cap and discard and reserve the rest of the juice as a sauce in the refrigerator.
- To heat: Add a 1/4 cup of the au juice over the beef brisket and heat in the microwave. Heat the remainder of the au juice and serve it on the side.
- Make this main dish a day or two before Christmas or party and heat just before eating.
- Holiday Beef Brisket
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Roasted Root Vegetable
- Mixed Greens, Candied Pecans, and Clementines in Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Most of these recipes I can make ahead and them put them together just before dinner! Easy-Peasy!
I hope you will give Holiday Beef Brisket a try!
You can follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.
You can follow me on Pinterest and see what I am pinning every day HERE.