OH, YUM! Today’s StoneGable treat is a real winner. Take an already classic, time-honored zucchini bread recipe and add a crunchy streusel topping and then guild the lily and add a white sugary glaze! This recipe is a spectacular culinary winner! And a must have in your recipe box! You will love it! Today let’s make Glazed Streusel Topped Zucchini Bread!
Okay, let’s make this scrumptious zucchini bread!
STREUSEL TOPPED ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup nuts- I use walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1-2 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease 2 standard loaf pans (8 x 4 inches)
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. In a second bowl add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well incorporated. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Pour batter into the loaf pans.
- Combine the streusel toppings in a bowl and mix and crumble with your clean hands. Sprinkle the streusel over the batter evenly on both pans. Press lightly.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. After 15 minutes remove from the pans and finish cooling.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioner's sugar with 1 TBS milk. Add more milk if needed to make a glaze that drizzles.
- When the bread is totally cooled drizzle the glaze over it.
Store in an airtight container.
Or freeze. Wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil.
The zucchini in my garden are going CRAZY! They are the best producers. So I’m making lots of zucchini bread, zucchini latkes, and other zucchini dishes.
You might also like…