Zucchini are one of the most underrated vegetables in the garden. They are huge producers and only get a nod or recognition for it!!!
But, I’ve found a recipe that does what Marinara Sauce did for the tomato and what Buffalo Wings and Bleu Cheese did for celery! Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread is THE BEST loaf bread I have ever eaten! It is super moist and delicate and lemony! It elevated the humble zucchini to super star status… a position long overdue! If you make one thing with a zucchini this summer, this has to be it…
This recipe was a breeze to make. I always say that I am not much of a baker, but after a few years of blogging and baking I no longer can say that. I guess I am an average baker! But, this recipe makes me look like a pastry chef… yes, it IS that good!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ( I used buttermilk cultures mixed with water)
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside. In the largest bowl of a mixer, add eggs and beat. Add canola oil, sugar, 2 TBS lemon juice, buttermilk and lemon zest. Beat until well incorporated. Fold in the zucchini with a spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds, mixing to incorporate the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended. Do not over beat.
- Pour the batter in a 9 x 5 loaf pan that has been well greased.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Mix together confectioner’s sugar, 3 TBS lemon juice and milk. Set aside.
- When the lemon zucchini loaf bread is done, remove it from the oven and set it on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn the bread out of the pan and continue to let cool on the wire rack.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the bread while it is still warm.
I found this recipe in Pinterest and the original source is LIL’ LUNA. Check out her great blog and the original recipe!
If you make one new loaf bread this year… THIS SHOULD BE IT!
Here is another of my favorite recipes using zucchini… ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD.
Remember to Pin it to your Pinterest recipe or food board! Hover over any image above to bring up the “Pin It” button!
I’m partying at: FOODIE FRIDAY