This spring my front door is dressed and drenched in color! Vivid color. This parrot tulip wreath is celebrating the saturated colors of spring! I took the brightest colors from the crayon box and used them to inspire this happy wreath. It’s so easy to make and has that WOW decor style I love! It is not a shy thing, that is for sure! Let’s get all bold, bright and beautiful and welcome spring and anyone who comes to our door in a big way!
I added a big burlap bow to the wreath. The burlap is trimmed in that gorgeous citron green I love so much!
And who can resist a monogram letter! I painted a white letter “P” green and added a little nest! I also speckled the egg with the same green paint!
This is really a very easy wreath to make…. So, let’s make a big bright full-of-spring wreath!!!
- 2 grapevine wreaths
- zip ties or florist wires
- faux tulips They don’t have to be the best quality. I got 3 bunches at A.C. Moore for 60% off.
- 3-4 stems of other small flowers
- Monogram letter
- small nest with tiny egg
- 4 yards of burlap ribbon or other decorative ribbon
1. Double the base wreath. It’s a designer trick. Either zip tie them together or wire them. You will thank me for this tip! It really makes a difference!
2. I bought 3 bundles of tulips with 10 tulips in each stem. Cut the tulips apart as well the other flowers you choose. Arrange them in a long bouquet and when you like how they look, zip tie them together. This will save tons of hot gluing and they really stay in place! Repeat the process again and make a second bundle.
3. Zip tie the two bundles together as shown. And zip tie the whole thing on the wreath.
4. Paint a monogram letter to work with your wreath.
5. Hot glue a little nest to the letter. Glue the letter to the wreath.
6. Tie a ribbon in between the two bundles of tulips.
Remember to pin this to your SPRING or DIY Pinterest board. You can follow me on Pinterest and see all the fun diy’s I’m finding to pin HERE.