Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
I’m up first today, Enjoy!
On Sutton Place
1.) If you are wishing for pumpkin dessert ideas that are quick and very simple, I’ve got you covered. This layered pumpkin cheesecake dessert is so creamy, and it’s no bake, so it couldn’t be easier. One more…my family thinks that this cake mix dessert is better than pumpkin pie!
2.) I was over on Instagram yesterday with a couple of super cute cozy outfits for fall and winter. I love them both! You can see them on Instagram HERE. If you don’t use Instagram, see them on the blog HERE.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “If it’s meant to be, it will be. You won’t have to force, convince, or worry over it. Let it flow, let it be, and let it come to you. You’re attracting everything you need. Trust the timing of your life.” ~Found HERE.
4.) THINGS TO INSPIRE YOU: this little cabin that’s located in the heart of Ohio, this incredibly beautiful classic coastal home, endless inspiration for limewashing your brick fireplace, and tour this charming historic Queen Anne home nestled in a small town in Ohio.
5.) One more home tour of a house in Utah that I think is literally perfect. As I scrolled from room to room, I just sighed! It’s full of inspiration, so take a look.
6.) The Home Edit just released a brand new line of hardside luggage that’s available exclusively at Walmart. It comes in 4 pretty colors, and there are several pieces to choose from. They even included matching packing cubes!
7.) I’m sending the free November OSP digital calendars in a few days, so if you want them, you can sign up HERE! I include pretty floral calendars for iPad, desktop, iPhone, and Android. There’s also an inspirational printable every month that’s available exclusively to my email subscribers.
8.) RESHARE: let’s talk Thanksgiving Day gravy. Over the years, I have tried many different methods…from simply buying it at the grocery, to making it from scratch with turkey drippings. The best gravy I ever made was a few years ago, and I followed this recipe. It’s a five minute video that’s been viewed over a million times. It tells you exactly what to do, and it’s amazing.
9.) If you’re wishing for a new slow cooker recipe, I have just the thing. I saw this recipe for slow cooker focaccia bread on Instagram, and it’s got great reviews. I haven’t tried it yet, but I wanted to share because it’s perfect for cozy fall dinners. Follow Food Dolls on Instagram…they’re really fun!
10.) We’re heading into the last two busy months of the year. Enjoy these last few very special days of October!
1). Crossholidation: Right now, I’m crossholidating in a big way! Crossholidation is a word I made up years ago for when someone has their Christmas lights up when they still have pumpkins on their porch. It’s the fusion of different seasons or holiday decor. Here on the blog, I’m celebrating Thanksgiving and the end of fall while Christmas ideas are popping up on the blog, too, like 10 Things To Do For Christmas Now and Christmas Trends For 2023. These helpful posts will get you in the Holiday spirit.
2. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week.
3. Super Easy Gingerbread Loaf Cake: Sift one 16-oz box of Gingerbread Cake mix, 1/2 TBS ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg into a big bowl. Pour 1-1/4 cups whole milk and 1/4 cup vegetable oil into the bowl and beat using a hand mixer on low until incorporated. Don’t overmix. Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes, until it is done and a toothpick inserted into the center of the gingerbread comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, and then turn out the gingerbread and completely cool. Make a lemon hard glaze by mixing 2 cups Confectioner’s sugar and 2-3 TBS fresh lemon juice and drizzling it over the cooled loaf. Tastes like the holidays!
4. Decor Crushes: This neutral classic chair, this gorgeous chunky knit throw on sale, this handsome round end table, this washed velvet quilt perfect for fall and winter, this gold metal leaf wreath, this handsome printed jute rug (LOVE), and this luxurious velvet pillow.
5. Thanksgiving: What is your favorite holiday? Mine is Thanksgiving. Family, food, and thankfulness. A Few Of My Favorite Things: The Thanksgiving Edition celebrates this wonderful All-American holiday. Come on over and share how to celebrate!
6. Fun And Interesting Facts: When was the first Thanksgiving? What animal is pardoned by the president on Thanksgiving?
7. Christmas Must-Haves: This beautiful white berry wreath, this fluffy Norfolk pine spray, this beautiful evergreen wreath, this 40-inch tabletop Christmas tree in a pot (super value), these popular stylized bronze sculpted reindeer, these gold-lit trio of trees, Joyeau Noel doormat, this set of 4 Christmas plaid salad plates, these 4 pack of Christmas plaid mini bowls, and this stunning metal leaf Christmas garland.
8. Christmas Home Tour: If you are ready for lots of Christmas ideas, you might like to see last year’s Merry And Bright Christmas Home Tour. I’m sharing lot of inspiration and ideas for you.
9. Beautiful Home And More: Here is a video about gifts you can make in a mason jar– a must-see! Lisa Holt with Christmas decorating like a pro. And here are a couple of Christmas decorations with super helpful tips-don’t miss this one.
10. Best Christmas Decorating Tip: The best thing you can do to create a beautiful Christmas home is to decide on a Christmas Color Palette. It will create harmony in your home and make decorating so much easier! And Decorating For Christmas: Where To Start And What To Do will guide you through some easy decorating process and ideas. These posts will help you decorate for Christmas with a lot less stress!
Answer to #6: The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621. It was a 3-day harvest festival. A ceremonial turkey is presented to the president, and the turkey is pardoned and not eaten. John F. Kennedy was the first president not to eat the ceremonial turkey. Now you know!
1. The Holiday Decor Shop is open! With all new items in 12 different categories, be sure to pop on over and visit, as some of the hottest items are selling fast. Some of the freshest decor this year can be found in Ornaments, as well as Pillows and Throws, and Decorative Accents, but there are fresh ideas in all 12 categories. Some old favorites are back this year, too.
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these Christmas Decor Ideas for the Kitchen, these Christmas Decorations in Rose Gold, these Romantic Christmas Wreath Printables and this Holiday Table Setting that can be adapted for both Thanskgiving and Christmas.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50:
- This wonderful cheetah print ornament set (set of 2).
- This enchanting winter wonderland embroidered sherpa stocking.
- This beautiful faux juniper and berry floral arrangement.
- This delightful faux cypress potted tree (selling fast!)
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100ish:
- This charming hand carved angel statue set (set of 2).
- This handsome wood nutcracker set (set of 3).
- This lovely wool plaid pillow cover.
- This stunning lit birch angel tree topper.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200:
- This fresh juniper, mint and cedar wreath
- This fabulous lush faux pine and eucalyptus garland (the best garland I’ve seen!)
- This gorgeous cable handknit tree skirt.
- This sweet gingerbread village embroidered tablecloth.
7. ORGANIZATION: If you’re looking to organize your seasonal decorations so you can find everything quickly and easily, you’ll love this Storage Closet Makeover for Seasonal Decorations.
8. FASHION PICKS:
- If you haven’t gotten your big oversized striped sweater, now is the time!
- The absolute best slim straight leg stretch pants, thicker than leggings, these are for going out.
- My latest obsession is tall lug sole boots. Love the buckle detail, but for a simpler style that’s less expensive, try this one. Wear with slim pants tucked in or…
- An above the knee A-line skirt, a classic pencil skirt (on super-sale!) or a lean knit midi.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: If you like whitened neutrals, this living room is just stunning. I particularly love the pair of chairs. How fabulous is this home bar? Makes my bar cart look pretty insignificant. I’m crushing big time on this bedroom/sitting room combo. Just love the gorgeous natural fabrics!
10. UP NEXT: The hottest decor trends for Holiday 2023!
Happy Wednesday, Friends!