Strawberry season is a BIG DEAL here in Lancaster County! You can get strawberries at almost any corner. Makeshift farmstands dot front yards and even a table with a handwritten sign draws strawberry seekers in! Today’s recipe, Strawberry Lemon Mascarpone Croissants are soooo easy to make and they are an extraordinary breakfast or dessert! No cooking and the most glorious ingredients!
Aren’t these little gems just perfection? Right from the strawberry patch!
- 8 croissants, cut in half lengthwise
- 2-3 pints fresh strawberries, washed dried and sliced
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting croissants
- In a medium bowl add the mascarpone and powdered sugar. Whip with an electric mixer until well incorporated. Add the lemon juice and zest and the vanilla. Mix together until light and fluffy. The filling mixture can be refrigerated for a few hours until ready to use.
- Spread the lemon mascarpone onto the bottom of each croissant. Place the sliced strawberries over the mascarpone and let the edges of the strawberries stick out of the croissant. Put the top half of the croissant on top of the strawberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
- This recipe can be used with other fresh fruits or mixed berries
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.