Did you know you can make a pillow from a dish towel? And you don’t even have to be crafty! Anyone can make a pillow from a dish towel with just a few easy no-sew steps! There are so many pretty tea towels on the market that are begging to become decorative pillows!
Don’t you love a diy that turns out even better than you can imagine? That is exactly what happened this my NO-SEW DISH TOWEL PILLOW!
I have a bit of a dish towel addiction! There are so so many pretty and fun one that I find it hard to pass them up. I don’t want to use them for dishes so I have a box of them just waiting for a project.
I have a feeling my box of dish towels will get depleted quickly. Honestly, this no-sew project took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Even if you are not crafty you can do this!!!!
I originally found this dish towel at HomeGoods years ago and knew it was begging to become a pillow cover! I took advantage of the sweet ruffle was on the dish towel!
Everyone can use a little more pillow love in their homes! And making a pillow from a dish towel is such an inexpensive way to do it!
You can create any style pillow! Just choose a dish towel with a pattern that works with your style and add accents accordingly! So fun!!!!
The dish towel pillow in my family room has a farmhouse vibe! If I left off the button and jute bow it could pass as a little French pillow!
HOW TO MAKE THE PILLOW COVER
1. To make the basic pillow you will need:
- 1 standard dish towel
- 1 pillow form around 10 x 16 SEE ONE HERE
- a roll of fusible webbing SEE WHAT I USE HERE
2. Iron the dish towel. And put the wrong side up on a flat surface.
3. Place the pillow insert on the dish towel and bring the bottom of it up over the insert. Leave about 3 inches of the pillow sticking out of the top of the dish towel as shown.
4. Fold the top of the dish towel over the top of the insert. Adjust the dish towel until you like how it fits into the pocket you made. Remove the pillow from the top leaving the dish towel folded.
5. Iron the dish towel in the folded shape of your pillow. Make sure to crease the top and the bottom of the pillow.
6. Open the dish towel wrong side up on an ironing board. Put a strip of fusible webbing down the one side of the dish towel between the folding lines. Fold the bottom of the tea towel up to the fold line and iron according to fusible webbing according to directions. Do the same to the other side of the dish towel making a pocket. See image above.
7. Insert the pillow form.
8. Fold over the top. You can add embellishment if it strikes your fancy.
What a pretty easy pillow!
Here are some pretty dish towels just begging to be a pillow cover! If they come in a pack make a pair of pillows and use the others for your dishes. If you are like me you need new dish towels in the kitchen.
This post contains affiliate links.