There is nothing that tastes like a fresh-from-the-garden or farm stand tomato. YUM! We are beginning to get some huge tomatoes filled with Lancaster County goodness! Eating a tomato right off the vine is a summer delight and cannot be imitated the rest of the year. So, I love to use them up while they are in season and plentiful. Today I’m sharing a sauce that stars just picked summer tomatoes… with layers of favorite culinary flavors to make this sauce fresh and complex and irresistible! Now, that is a trio! This recipe is a must-try! Let’s make Tomato And Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Cream Sauce. Easy enough for weeknight dinners but company worthy too!
Making tomato sauce and other fresh veggie and fruit recipes became a whole lot easier this summer with the Harvest Pro Sauce Maker. It’s a little home appliance that purees (and much more) fruits and vegetables in no time at all!
Aren’t these tomatoes beauties?
They went from the garden to the table in 30 minutes! The sauce is a pretty orange color because of the cream and Parmesan cheese! Can you see the tiny bits of fresh Parmesan in the tomato sauce? Oh, YUM!
Let’s make Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Cream Sauce!!!!!
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 2/3 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained and pureed
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-4 TBS tomato paste (optional)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, cut into chiffonades
- extra Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Using the Harvest Pro Sauce Maker puree tomatoes until you get 3 cups of pulp and juice into a bowl. Puree the roasted red pepper into the same bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, but not browned. About 4 minutes. Add pepper flakes and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the puree and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes and add tomato paste if the sauce is runny (This will depend on the tomatoes you use).
- Add the half and half and the Parmesan cheese. Simmer until the cheese melts.
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and basil.
The kind folks at Ball® for helping to sponsor this post!