Do you have Christmas Joy? Then let’s spread Christmas joy around our home. And why not start by making a NO-SEW Christmas banner! This banner is so easy to make and would add a big dose festive cheer to your mantel, hutch or any flat surface! Now is the perfect time to make a Christmas J-O-Y banner!
A banner can add an over-the-top pop to any Christmas decor!!!
Let’s make a banner!
- Burlap Banner Kit ( I got mine at A.C. Moore’s). My kit contained 12 burlap flags and a package of jute twine. I got it with a 50 % off coupon!
- white chalk
- white paint and a paintbrush
- hot glue or iron on fusing tape
- extra burlap and ribbons for sides (optional)
1. Get a pack of precut banners.
2. Go to any digital software program (I use Picmonkey) and find a font you like and print out a J and an O and a Y. Make sure the size of the letters fits the flags on your banner. Print out each letter in black
3. Put a letter under a flag and outline the letter with white chalk. Outline the words JOY JOY JOY on the burlap flags.
4. Using white craft paint, solidly paint in each letter and let them dry completely.
5. Fold over the top of the flags about 1/2 inch towards the back.
6. Run the burlap twine sandwiched between each flag’s turned down flap. Do one letter at a time. Hot glue to secure the flap in the back down with the string running through it. Each of my lettered flags are 1 1/2 inches apart. I used a blank flag between each word.
Hang and make tie burlap ribbons on each side of the banner. Embellish.
Fill your home with the J-O-Y of the season!
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.