Here’s a way to bring a little summer farmhouse freshness to your kitchen or dining room chairs! These fun chair back covers easy to make because they are a NO SEW project!!! I found a great blue and white striped tablecloth at HomeGoods for under $10.00 and made 4 chair covers out of it! You can also use the material of your choice, a table runner or even great dish towels to make these decor changing chair covers! If you have a chair that needs to be covered…. this project is for you!!!!
Here’s how I made the summery chair back covers!
I’m part of the …
I love this project because it can be transformed into so many look and so many seasons… and can transform your chairs too!
Let’s get to it!
1. Materials… fabric, Fusible bonding web, hot glue, transfer paper, Farm Fresh transfer.
2. Decide the width of your chair you want your cover. Measure and add 1 inch for seam allowances. Measure how long the cover will be both in the front and back and add 1 inch for seam allowances.
I wanted the chair cover to cover a width of 19 inches of my chair and 21 inches in the back and front of the chair. So I measured 20 inches (19 inches plus 1 inc seam allowance.) by 44 inches (20 inches for the front plus 1 inch seam allowance plus 20 inches for the back plus 1 inch seam allowance). Mark the dimensions on the back of the fabric and cut out the rectangle.
3. Fold over and iron 1/2 inch on all sides. Then fold over again and press. Bond with Fusible Bonding Web according to the package directions. This is sooooo easy! If you do not want to use Fusible Bonding Web you can also hot glue them together.
4. Cut fabric for side ties. I cut mine 2 1/2 inches wide and they were 8 inches long. Add 1/2 inch seam allowance to each side. Press 1/2 seam allowance on each side. Fold tie in half lengthwise and press. Bond with Fusible Webbing. Make 8 for each chair.
5. Drape the rectangle over your chair and decide where you want the ties to be. Mark lightly with a pencil. Hot glue the ties to the cover.
6. Make a paper copy of the Farm Fresh logo. Tape to back of the chair where you would like it.
7. THE LOGO WORDS ARE BACKWARDS but when you press them onto your fabric they will be right. Get the image suitable for printing HERE.
8. Make a transfer of the Farm Fresh logo. Cut out the excess white area around the worlds and images.
9. On a flat surface, like an ironing board, position the transfer over the paper logo on the chair back. Slip the paper logo from under the transfer and iron it on to the chair back fabric according to the package directions.
Here’s a little look at the ties!
I hope you will try this great project. It really changes the look of your decor. Perfect for summer! Easy-peasy!!!!
Please stop by these blog and see all their great NO-SEW Summer Projects!
Remember to pin this No Sew project to your Pinterest DIY or HOME DECOR boards. You can follow me on Pinterest HERE and see all the great things I’m finding to pin.