I’ve been looking for a new recipe to amp up lunches here at StoneGable. If I don’t have something yummy planned I start craving unhealthy choices. I came across these wonderful little pizza bites on Pinterest and knew I’d have to give them a try. Of course, I put my own spin on them and they turned out amazingly delicious! These are a must-try… especially if you have kiddos! They would be perfect for a lunch box. But don’t think these are just for kids, they are scrumptious and for grown up kids too!!! Great for lunch, dinner or how about a fun appetizer.
I just love how easy these pizza rolls are to make. They can be frozen before cooking and then popped into the oven when you need them.
What a great lunch. Since Christmas I’ve been trying to eat more sensibly with an emphasize on eating foods that taste good and are good for me! And I’m trying to find more interesting, delicious and easy to make recipes.
Here’s how easy these delectable pizza bites are to make..
- I used Hillshire Farm® NATURALS LUNCH MEAT Black Forest Ham. I got my deli meat from Food Lion. It tastes like Ham off the bone. And that really impressed me! I am very fussy about deli meat. I love a bold authentic flavor. Hillshire Farm Natural Lunch Meat has no artificial ingredients, preservatives, coloring. And no additional nitrates/nitrites. Just amazing ham flavor! I give this ham two culinary thumbs up!
- Roll out the refrigerator pizza dough just a little with a rolling pin (just a tad). Layer ingredients according to directions.
- Roll up the long end of the of the pizza. This was fun!
- Pizza rolled up
- Ready for the oven!
- Serve with Marinara sauce. Eat hot or cold. If you have children that take their lunches to school they are going to love you when they see pizza roll ups in their lunch boxers.
A SPECIAL OFFER FOR YOU
Food Lion is offering a $1.00 off coupon on 1 Hillshire Farm Lunch Meat item. Offer expires 2/6/16. Get your coupon HERE.
- 1/3 package of Hillshire Farm Natural Black Forest Ham, chopped
- 1 refrigerator pizza crust in the pop tube
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (Use pizza sauce, it's a lot zippier than marinara)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 TBS fresh parsley, chopped finely (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Open up the pizza dough and place it on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin lightly roll the dough just a little to make it about 1 inch wider.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce on the dough. Sprinkle the ham on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the ham and then sprinkle the pizza with fresh parsley.
- Roll up from one long side to the other.
- Turn the roll seam side down. Refrigerating the pizza roll for 20 minutes make it easier to cut, but not necessary if you are short on time.
- Cut in 3/4-1 inch pieces. Place the pinwheels on a parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Roll ups should be golden but not too dark. See image above.
- Serve with pizza sauce. Can be served hot or cold.
- PIZZA ROLL UPS freeze great. Make them to the point of putting them in the oven and freeze. When frozen, transfer to an airtight plastic bag or container. Cook according to the directions. May need a couple extra minutes of baking time.
- This is not a rocket science recipe. Be creative. Use what your family loves! Try it with Alfredo sauce and Hillshire Farm Natural Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast and fresh spinach. YUM!
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see all the great things I’m finding to pin daily HERE.