I made these delicious bundles for the first time this week. Oh my yumminess! I found them on Pinterest and knew they would be perfect for a family breakfast over the weekend. And I was right! These ridiculously easy and scrumptious little bundles of salty ham,gooey cheese and light as a cloud puff pastry were a HUGE hit! And the best part is that they can be assembled ahead, covered, refrigerated and then baked when you need them. They were perfect for breakfast served with scrambled eggs and would be delicious for lunch, dinner or as an appetizer!
I assembled the ingredients…
Wrapped up and ready for the oven…
- 1 box puff pastry, thawed
- 1-2 lbs fresh asparagus, washed and woody ends cut off. Dried on a paper towel
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 lb good smokey deli ham
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus in a little olive oil.
- Cut deli ham in half and shave Parmesan cheese into long strips. Cut each piece of puff pastry into thirds, along the fold lines.
- Put the puff pastry horizontally on a work surface. Top with one half slice of deli ham. Top the deli ham with 2 strips of shaved Parmesan cheese. Top with a bundle of fresh asparagus.
- Wrap both ends of the ham around the front of the asparagus. Wrap the puff pastry around the asparagus bundles.
- At this point the bundles can be placed on a parchment lined baking sheet, covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake...
- Scramble an egg to use as an egg wash to brush over the puff pastry. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the puff pastry is golden and risen. Serve immediately.
- Be creative. Use your favorite fillings!