Do you decorate around a certain theme every Christmas? I do, and this year’s theme is Winter Wonderland. I’m using lots of white and a bit of gold and silver. And lots and lots of tiny lights and candles. This year at StoneGable Christmas is going glam! I can’t wait to show you this year’s Christmas decor. So to start off the holiday I set a Winter Wonderland tablescape. It’s over the top and sparkly and just for you! And I have lots of ideas for setting a beautiful table and a festive mood too!
Today I’m part of
A big THANK YOU to Cindy at Rough Lux Lifestyle and Mary Ann at Classic Casual Home and Annie at Mostly Lovely Things. I’m thrilled to be part of this beautiful group of bloggers! Make sure to check out their tables at the end of this post.
- beauty can be simple as well as ornate
- use silver flatware and serving pieces
- set the mood with Christmas music
- put out a buffet (even for the most formal dinners) so everyone can get up and mingle a bit
- put a drink station or bar in a convenient central area (I use my foyer)
- create a dessert station with plates, forks and extra napkins on it
- if someone asks to help say YES
- take lots of pictures and send them to your group of guest
- if you have a large enough area encourage dancing after dinner (our foyer is a great dancefloor)
- sit people who don’t know each other together… no couples sitting together
- don’t eat and run… linger and ask questions that promote lots of happy conversation
- make sure everyone can see over or between the centerpiece (do as I say, not as I do)
- sit guests in a comfortable chair (I move out my bench and use ghost chairs)
- have club soda on hand along with white cotton cloths for spills
- be the best guest at your table… have fun!
- think about buying gourmet food instead of cooking to cut down on holiday stress
Christmas is the most festive time of the year! Plan a get-together and set a pretty table!
Do you ever wonder what goes on behind the camera the day of a photo shoot? Well, guess no more head HERE to see behind the scenes of this tablescape photo shoot!
Please leave one great table tip below so we can all share! And stop by my blogging friend’s tables!