Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, and the best finds. Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist!
Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishist #76. We are so glad you stopped by! I’m up first today…
This post contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy HERE.
1). Did you see last week’s 2022 Merry And Bright Christmas Home Tour? I think you will get lots of ideas you can use in your home. And did you see Part 2 of our Christmas Home Tour? It’s all about the kitchen and our sunroom. It features our tabletop tree, the most fun thing I decorate every year!
2. And speaking of tabletop Christmas trees, How To Decorate A Tabletop Tree is a must-read. If you don’t have a small tree you should think about getting one. They can be tucked in so many small spaces, are super easy to decorate, and look so pretty! Here are a few favorites on sale now: this pre-lit 4-foot Fraser fir, this pre-lit, 3-foot flocked tree, this pre-lit, 3-foot pine tree, this stunning pre-lit, flocked 4-foot tree (my favorite), and this beautiful pre-lit fir tree.
3. A few weeks ago I made a simple Cranberry Orange Sauce. We had it for Thanksgiving and it was so so delicious. I’ve been using the leftovers as jam on toast and biscuits in the morning and as a glaze on salmon. This sauce is just so versatile. I hope you make it and enjoy it during the Holidays!
4. FABULOUS GIFT FINDS: It’s not too late to get the perfect gift for someone special or for yourself!
HOME DECOR GIFT FINDS: these are my go-to basic pillow covers (now $13.99 for 2), this set of 9 frames to create the perfect wall gallery (just got these), this pretty white speckled bowl, this set of 8 fringed napkins in gold or gray, and this kitchen island cart.
KITCHEN GIFT FINDS: let’s get cooking! This stand mixer (my fav), my favorite knife set, my food storage system, spice jars, and labels, these spice jars with labels, these mess-free mixing bowls, this meat thermometer (I have it and love it), and our favorite salt and pepper mills.
LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS FINDS: this pretty wreath that would work any time of year, a large winter spruce candle, Steward plaid frames, this red velvet “merry” pillow, set of two beautiful silver ornament candles (got one for every family for Christmas), and this stunning Santa decorative dish towel (perfect hostess gift).
5. Did you get my Enchanting Christmas e-magazine yet? It’s filled with beautiful images, savvy tips, and more. You can get it HERE. And get every current StoneGable feature right to your inbox!
6. December is such a busy month. Sometimes I get on the to-do frenetic treadmill and forget to enjoy this blessed, magical season! Every month I write a post highlighting amazing things to do but in this month’s December Is A Great Month To… I’m chatting about ways to slow down and enjoy December and the Christmas season!
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: Why does Santa live at the North Pole? What is the original Elf On The Shelf’s name?
8. CAPSULE WARDROBE: this perfect tote, this beautiful cashmere travel wrap, this readers’ favorite pink long-sleeve tee, this classic and chic tunic, and this pretty sleep dress (wear leggings under it).
9. Last week I had a bad cold and felt pretty crusty! So I laid low and watched a few movies. Cyrano was fabulous, a must-see! I’m a big fan of period pieces and Mr. Malcolm’s List was another winner. A week or so ago I featured this farmhouse home tour and was so captivated by I wanted to feature it again in case you missed it.
10. You might have noticed StoneGable is going through a blog design. It is a HUGE work in progress! So please be patient as we work everything out. I know the gold highlighted words might be hard to read. My blog designer and I are getting to that. My goal is to make StoneGable very user friendly and beautiful.
Answer to #7- In the 1800s’ there were several expeditions to the North Pole and it was thought of as a mystical and magical place. So a cartoonist made the North Pole Santa’s residence. Frisbee is the name of the original Elf On The Shelf.
1. Are you an empty nester? Or has your lifestyle similarly changed recently? If there’s one concept that runs throughout my blog more than any other, it’s how to update your home as your lifestyle changes. I created a free guide with this exact concept which all subscribers can download for free. Get the guide here: How to Update Your Homestyle to Fit Your Current Lifestyle
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: these beautiful stemless Christmas wine glasses, this adorable outdoor seasonal door mat, this lovely holiday pillow, this charming wrapped canvas winter print, and this grazing reindeer lawn art.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: this antiqued angel Christmas figurine, this classic plaid pillow cover, these 12 days of Christmas appetizer plates with stand, these gorgeous firecracker string lights (a best seller), and this frosted faux berry and greenery hanging basket.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared Christmas decor for a small apartment, ideas to create romantic holiday style with a small pink tree, the story of my first Christmas tree (hint: it was not that long ago) and how I personalized it, and this Christmas brunch table.
6. FASHION PICKS: Looking for holiday attire that’s not quite cocktail wear, but not PJs either? There are some great classic seasonal pieces that are on sale now! This Fair Isle sweater is 50% off with code SHOPNOW, this tartan button down is also 50% off (dress it up with black velvet or down with jeans), this relaxed fit check suit blazer will update almost anything in your closet (30% off when you spend over $220), this collarless windowpane shirtdress exudes relaxed elegance (30% off with code VERY MERRY), this cozy quilted shirt jacket looks great with trousers and a cashmere turtleneck (also 30% off), and top it all off with these perfect wear-anywhere tall lug sole boots (also 30% off with code).
7. Have you got a piece of furniture that’s an eyesore in a room? Maybe it’s too big and bulky or simply too dark for the space? See how I transformed a cupboard that was ruining the look of our dining room with a very simple paint job.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This house tour is just amazing! Be sure to scroll through all the pics. They call it ‘Mediterranean revival’ but I’d call it modern French-inspired. Either way it’s just gorgeous!
10. UP NEXT: Affordable winter fashion in 4 refreshing palettes…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) I was struggling just a little to get in the Christmas spirit, but I’m there now, and my first decor post is up on the blog. Our front porch is decked for the holidays!
2.) Here’s a tip for battling dry hands and cracked skin in the winter. First, always use rubber gloves in the kitchen! Before you put them on, add a few drops of olive oil to your hands and rub it in. Then put on the rubber gloves. The warmth from the water, and your body heat inside the gloves, makes the oil absorb into your skin. It really helps!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “And despite everything, you’re still here. Perhaps you’re more resilient than you give yourself credit for.” ~Calm
4.) INSPIRING IDEAS: I adore this little star anise wreath designed by one of my favorite bloggers, this cozy Christmas home tour is neutral but so beautiful, if you love to add a vintage touch to your Christmas decor, check this out, and this Colonial living room is full of holiday inspiration.
5.) STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS FOR HER: this Burt’s Bees essential gift set, these beautiful hoop earrings, these cozy cabin socks, this set of eos lip balm tubes, this brow shaping set (love!) or this Loreal Lumi Glotion. (A combo of glow and lotion. I use Fair.)
6.) STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS FOR HIM: this candy cane Chapstick, these wireless earbuds, this yummy Calvin Klein cologne, these cute wool socks, or this clipper set. And this toiletry bag/Dopp Kit won’t fit in a stocking, but it’s awesome.
7.) STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS FOR KIDS: you can never go wrong with a Slinky, or UNO cards! There’s also Go Fish playing cards, or this set is cute too. I love this tiny Encanto doll set, and this kids electric toothbrush.
8.) I love “from scratch” cooking, but for two people, sometimes it’s just not practical. So I’ve discovered a few easy ways to get convenience and portion control at the same time. We love this rice, and this corn is delicious. (Yes…I know they’re carbs, but they’re very good, and you don’t have to eat them every night.) I usually serve the rice and corn with rosemary parmesan chicken, or a basic meatloaf. Sheet pan dinners, like this pork tenderloin, or this apple chicken sausage, are also wonderful because you can cook what you need.
9.) I decorated our living spaces, and put up our tree. Christmas has arrived! I’ll be sharing everything very soon. I will also be sharing two new recipes, and a very fun gift guide made especially for you. Have a lovely rest of your week.