Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #75
Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, and the best finds. Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Discloser Policy.
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #75. We are so glad you are joining us. This week’s Wishlist has lots of Holiday ideas and Black Friday Deals picked with you in mind.
Ann, Lory, and I wish you the Happiest Thanksgiving and hope you are celebrating with the ones you love!
Ann’s up first!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) Are you ready to add some seasonal decor to your home? I just put together a giant collection of more than 50 free Christmas printables, and I promise there is something for everyone. I finally went through every single Christmas printable ever offered on OSP. Some from the early years were low resolution, and had to be discarded. All the remaining high resolution Christmas printables are part of this new collection and available now!
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” ~Paul Coelho
3.) INSPIRING SPACES: the bows on this Christmas tree are so beautiful, this blue and gold Christmas living room is perfection, this elegant yet welcoming Christmas living room is full of inspiration, and the touches of Christmas in this bedroom are cozy and festive.
4.) Some of your favorites so far this month: this KitchenAid mixer is at the lowest price I’ve seen in a couple of years. It’s on sale until November 28th. You loved this Joyspun quilted set that I featured in my guide to loungewear for women. You also scooped up this Joyspun t-shirt. I was so glad you liked all the fun colors featured for the holidays at J.Crew Factory, especially this button-collar tunic sweatshirt.
5.) After tomorrow, if you have leftover turkey, here are a few ideas for putting it to good use. Substitute turkey for the chicken in this very easy Chicken Florentine soup, It would be delicious to make this chicken salad recipe with turkey, and lighten things up by using turkey in this chicken Caesar pasta salad.
6.) Here is another really fun way to wrap a small gift!
7.) We are celebrating a combined Thanksgiving and Christmas this weekend with the grandchildren. I’ll tell you what has been a game-changer for me when I was wrapping presents…this set of red boxes. They are reasonably priced, really easy to use, and they look so pretty. Of course, I’m going to ask the kids to please leave the boxes at Grandma’s!
8.) That’s it for me. I hope everyone has a peaceful Thanksgiving!
1). Happy Thanksgiving! Tomorrow is the BIG day! Have you been busy cooking? Even though I’m not hosting this year, I’m busy making stuffing, make-ahead gravy, green bean casserole, and yummy and easy Cranberry Orange Sauce. My sweet daughter-in-law Abigail is hosting Thanksgiving for the first time. I’m so excited for her!
2. Do you get the StoneGable newsletter? If not, sign up HERE and get my new ENCHANTING CHRISTMAS magazine. Enjoy Christmas inspiration and more delivered right to your inbox!
3. As I put on the last finishing touches of our 2022 Christmas Holiday Tour you might like to visit last year’s Christmas Tour HERE and HERE. Get lots of ideas for a white Christmas!
4. EARLY BLACK FRIDAY DEALS AND SALES:
HOME DECOR: this sherpa pom-pom throw, this pretty rug I just got for our dining room, this beautiful wooden glass front cabinet, this subtle animal print pillow, and this comfy slipcovered chair.
HOLIDAY HOME: this gorgeous lit flocked tree, this beautiful velvet quilt, the perfect tabletop tree, this gold tree candle and these pinpoint votive candles.
CAPSULE WARDROBE AND MORE: this classic tailored peacoat, these adorable rain boots, this pretty soft long-sleeve tee, and this handsome coach tote bag.
5. One of my best Christmas designer tips is to create lots of arrangments from Christmas greens. My best tip is to cut apart garland instead of buying individual evergreen picks. It’s so much more economical! Mix and match the greens for beautiful arrangements!
6. HOME TOURS: Here’s a pretty Holiday Home You with tons of ideas we can do in our homes, a more minimal and beautiful Christmas Home Tour, and a cozy Christmas Home Tour.
7. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I love to read a Christmas book or two! Here are some you might like too: Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien, Mr. Dickens And His Christmas Carol by Samantha Silva, Christmas Stories by Max Lucado, and Tarnished Christmas by Chautona Havig.
8. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: When did bringing an evergreen tree into our homes at Christmastime become popular. Who was the original St. Nick? Where did the modern day Santa Claus get his look?
9. Do you have a collection of Christmas “somethings”. Santas, snowmen, wreaths, ornaments, or trees? Me too! I have accumulated Christmas trees over the decades along with beautiful ornaments! Do you struggle with displaying them in a curated manner? Here’s a very helpful post with easy ways to artfully display your collections in your Christmas home.
10. UPCOMING ON THE BLOG: Here are just some of the Holiday posts that are coming soon… Easy And Pretty DIY Christmas Napkin Rings, Christmas Tour Sneak Peek, Two Christmas Home Tours, Recipes That Transform Thanksgiving Leftovers, How To Care For Live Christmas Greens, and My Favorite Christmas Cookies!
Answer to #8: Christmas trees became popular when Prince Albert brought one into Buckingham Palace to surprise Queen Victoria. The first Christmas trees can be traced to 16th-century Germany. St Nicholas was a very generous 4th-century Christain Bishop who gave his riches to help the poor. The Santa we know and love today comes from a 1931 Coca-Cola ad depicting Santa as a jolly old elf.
1. While I love luxury products as much as anyone, my HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES this year focus more on the attainable. If you’re looking for holiday gifts without going broke, you’ll love these Awesome Affordable Gift Ideas, broken down by category for everyone on your list.
2. You can also check out the best Black Friday deals! Find links to the sales below, with some of my top picks.
3. Target’s Black Friday Deals: Save up to 30% on home décor. Online only. Ends 11/26.
My picks: this Birch Wood Storage Cabinet (30% off), this X-Leg Wood Writing Desk (25% off), this Modern Farmhouse 4 Door Cabinet (30% off), this Upholstered Accent Chair from Studio McGee (25% off) and this Chunky Hand Knit Throw Blanket (22% off).
4. Walmart’s Black Friday Deals: Epic deals all month long. Starts online Nov. 21 at 7pm ET. In stores Nov. 25 at 6am local.
My picks: this Roomba Robot Vacuum (sells out every year!), this Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee & Espresso Machine, this Henckels 14-pc Knife Block Set, this KitchenAid Hand Mixer, and this Hardshell Carry on Luggage set.
5. Nordstrom’s Black Friday Hottest Deals: Up to 60% off women’s, shoes, and gift clearance. Early access valid 11/21-11/24.
My picks: this Cozy Slipper (30% off), this relaxed fit Turtleneck Sweater (37% off), this designer Leather Card Case (30% off), this Hooded Puffer Coat (42% off), and this Diamond Alphabet Pendant (30% off).
6. Wayfair Black Friday Deals: up to 80% off all month long, including living room seating, bedroom furniture, and seasonal decor. Ends 11/29.
My picks: this Upholstered Tufted Bed, this Classic White Nightstand, this Swivel Barrel Chair, this Handmade Braided Jute Rug, and this Beautiful Upholstered Sofa.
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared 20 French-inspired Christmas trees and other decor, these elegant Christmas decor ideas for the kitchen, this special gilded holiday table setting, and these holiday decorating ideas using mixed metallics.
8. Is buying American important to you? It’s not always easy to find well priced American-made items, but I just updated my Made in USA Furniture Shopping Guide and there’s a lot more available than you might think.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I love updated, but I can never get too far from my beloved European influence. I’m absolutely in love with every inch of this home. Be sure to scroll. I’m always on the hunt for modern French design and this kitchen says it perfectly. This romantic work space is just gorgeous, with bits of modern rustic mixed with vintage French.
10. UP NEXT: My latest holiday color palette and simple Christmas decor…