Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #73
Inspiration for mid-week! Decorating ideas, recipes, all things seasonal and so much more.
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlikst #73. We are your mid-week dose of inspiration!
Affiliate links used. See my disclosure policy.
Lory’s us first…
1. When I was a child, a favorite aunt bought me a rose gold ring, and ever since I’ve been a fan of pink gold. It’s a wonderful tone to use in your Christmas decor, as well, so be sure to check out my latest post, Using Rose Gold Christmas Decorations.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These fabulous black glass oil and vinegar bottles, these charming white paper mantel angels, these white lacquer nutcrackers (pair them with the wooden ones I shared last week for a rustic modern mix), this starry crown, and these white glitter coral cluster ornaments.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This cozy faux fur star-shaped pillow, these awesome firecracker string lights, these bronze sculpted reindeer (my latest obsession!), this beautiful flocked frasier fir tabletop tree, these delightful storybook zinc village houses, and this naif vintage style angel tree topper.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: These outdoor LED snowy trees, this elegant copper roasting pan, this enchanting toile Christmas bedding and this cheery Stewart plaid pet bed.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this simply decorated holiday living room, this kitchen with warm Christmas accents, this pink and gold holiday table setting, and these very affordable holiday trends and shopping guide (freshly updated!) I also shared The 6 Defining Style Elements I Use In Every Room, which are the essence of my modern French style.
6. Two new updates to the blog I thought I’d explain. I recently added dates to my posts, but I wanted to assure you, I update every post I send out in my emails and share on the wishlist, even those originally written several years ago, including updating the links. I always do this the week before I send them, so if an item is sold out, it sold out in the past week… 😉
The second update – if you’re looking to pin my posts and images, you can find a new pin button on the left side of the screen. You can still use the pin buttons on the individual photos and at the bottom of the post, but the side button is always easily accessible.
8. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This gorgeous light and airy bedroom, this peaceful and spacious living room, this elegant and oh-so-french dining nook.
10. UP NEXT: Affordable holiday fashion…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) I just shared two super simple recipes that are perfect for the busy weeks ahead. And they go together so well. This vegetable beef soup is the very definition of comfort food, and this garlic cheese bread is the perfect side. Give them a try!
2.) My daughter called me the other day and told me to check out all the darling Christmas items on J.Crew Factory. I couldn’t believe it…I wanted one of everything. Here are my favorites! (Most of the holiday items are on sale, but those prices go away at midnight ET tonight.)
3.) For Women: Take a look at these cable knit slippers, these flannel pajama pants, this classic plaid scarf, and I’m completely in love with this darling plaid puffer vest. This stunning bouclè city coat would look good on anyone, and it comes in regular and petite, sizes 0 – 24. This button collar tunic sweatshirt looks cozy and warm, and this classic cardigan sweater is a great price. Click HERE to see all holiday for women.
4.) For Men: any guy would like this quilted walker vest, or this cozy flannel shirt that comes in 16 patterns! For lounging, you can’t beat these flannel sleep pants, or this French terry hoodie. If your guy wears a tie, check out this tartan design, and this quilted knit pullover can be dressed up or down. Click HERE to see all holiday for men.
5.) Gifts: think about this cute plaid mug or this tartan wine bag. This Christmas tree ornament and these cute ribbon-wrapped earrings would make perfect stocking stuffers. If your family does Christmas pajamas, click HERE for an amazing and festive selection.
6:) FAVORITE QUOTE: “It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” ~Hugh Laurie
7.) If you are intimidated at all by decorating your mantel for Christmas, I feel your pain! We have a very big TV over our mantel, and I’ve been looking for ideas on how to tackle the job. I love the way the garland is hung lower on this mantel (there are two mantels in this post.) This mantel decor is simple, neutral, and beautiful. If you don’t have a TV over your mantel, this design is stunning, and this asymmetrical design looks easy to do. If you want a pop of red, take a look at this traditional and lovely Colonial mantel. Here is our mantel from last year…I’m going to use the same garland, but other than that, 2022 is still undecided!
8.) Yvonne, Lory and I love that the response to our weekly wish list continues to be positive and appreciative. We look forward to it every week! If you are new, and want to catch up on previous editions, just click HERE.
9.) My girlfriends are coming over tomorrow night for our Friendsgiving celebration, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’m working on an affordable Christmas gift guide that’s coming your way on Sunday. It’s been unseasonably warm here in Ohio, so I took the opportunity to clean our front porch, and start decorating it for Christmas. There’s much to do, and so much to look forward to. Have a wonderful week!
Your place to stop to get lots of decorating tips, seasonal ideas, recipes, the best finds, and more. Wednesdays are fun days here!
1). Are you Thinking about decorating for Christmas yet? Visit StoneGable’s Christmas Shops and browse for ideas and to shop. If you were thinking about using a bit if white in your Christmas decor this year you might like to read 8 BEST TIPS FOR A WHITE A CHRISTMAS.
2. Here are 11 things to do besides eating and watching football on Thanksgiving Day: go for a walk, decorate for Christmas (maybe having the family decorate a tree together), have everyone bring photos and share them, have a group family photo for those who can’t be with you, interview everyone with three questions and video it, volunteer at a church or shelter and serve Thanksgiving dinner, ask the older family members of your family about their childhood, run a 5K (many of us are doing this- not me!), put together a puzzle, play games, take family photos, play a Thanksgiving trivia game- see one’s here,
3. The best Thanksgiving and Christmas Hostess Gifts: three flickering battery-operated candles + remote, this pretty Stewart plaid apron, my favorite Christmas candle, these sweet Christmas gift tags, this box of Christmas snow, these dish towels (makes 2 gifts), and the best Peppermint Bark.
4. CHRISTMAS TREE: I love my big family Christmas tree, but I must admit I am totally enamored with my tabletop tree! It’s so sweet and very very easy to decorate. And selfishly I decorate it myself! Here are some easy to do and pretty tips for DECORATING A TABLETOP TREE. And here is what to do with BROKEN ORNAMENTS.
5. HOME TOURS: You will LOVE this Pennsylvania Farmhouse. I got so many ideas from it. And here is a very interesting tour of a Newport RI home, and this beautiful Dallas home.
6. FABULOUS FIND:
Under $60.00- this handsome gold tray perfect for the holidays, this round foldable drink tray, a nice size scenic watercolor on canvas, 8 mini ginger jar Christmas ornaments, and this 15 inch square basket tray.
Under $150.00- this reasonably price and nice quality upholstered stool ottoman (got 2- love them), attractive large round mirror, this gorgeous small ginger jar lamp, and this dimmable pharmacy floor lamp,
Over $150.00- attractive double door glass front cabinet, gold and glass rolling three tiered bar cart, this pretty blue hued rug, these set of French dining room chairs, pair of slope arm bar chairs, and this comfortable swivel chair.
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What beloved Christmas movie was a total box office flop when it first came out? What was used for snow in the movie It’s a Wonderful Life?
8. CAPSULE WARDROBE: Let’s browse comfy and pretty clothing. I live in these long sleeve tees, this long sleeve tunic sweater, these comfortable and pretty pants, my favorite wear everywhere shoes, and this gorgeous mock neck tunic sweater.
9. Every Thanksgiving I make make-ahead gravy. It makes my life so much easier on Thanksgiving! And it is just so delicious! I make it ahead and freeze it until Thanksgiving day. Here’s MAKE AHEAD TURKEY GRAVY.
10. The foundation of my Christmas decor is lots of arrangements of greens. I use faux greens because I’m over the mess of the real thing. You might like to make them too. Here is USE WHAT YOU HAVE CHRISTMAS ARRANGEMENTS made with greens.
My favorite Christmas movie, It’s A Wonderful Life was a total box office flop when it came out. Now it’s one of the most beloved movies of all time.
Thanks for joining us for Weekly Wednesday Wishlist!