Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #121. Lory is first today.
Affiliate links included. See our Discloser Policy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. AN ALL NEW ROOM REVEAL: Are you saving all your guest rooms for a rare full house? Why not consider using these ideas to repurpose one of those bedrooms?
2. AMAZON PICKS: check out my favorites this week from Amazon including Prime Day early deals!
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: this beautiful rustic lodge pillow cover, these lush flocked velvet ornaments (selling fast!), this sweet white ceramic Santa, and this incredibly realistic faux cedar garland (all sells out fast!).
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This gorgeous white mini berry garland (it sold out fast last year!), this stunning mixed greens wreath, this plush colassal throw blanket, and this perfect flocked tabletop tree.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG we’re looking toward Thanksgiving. This reader favorite post explores Thanksgiving decor and 6 values worth celebrating this holiday. For decor with personality check out a guide to Thanksgiving entertaining with unique style and for holiday warmth, enjoy this burnished copper Thanksgiving table.
7. FASHION PICKS: It’s sweater weather! Here are some lovely fall picks: this oversized half-zip striped sweater, this fringe-trim short-sleeve lady jacket, this bomber-style cardigan with pockets, this fabulous distressed pullover sweater and this open front long sweater blazer (on sale!).
8. Not into seasonal decor? For more everyday style, check out my latest DIY painting project: updating a dark men’s chest with DIY paint or see the evolution of our French Country dining room as it has been updated over time.
9. WHAT I’M READING: I just finished The Silent Patient and loved it! Now starting The Velvet Hours.
10. UP NEXT: A brand new bathroom reveal…
On Sutton Place
1.) If you want to add subtle Halloween decorations to your existing fall decor, I have just the thing. These painted Mod Podge pumpkins are charming, and so easy. And no carving required!
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “What defines beauty isn’t size or style; it’s the quality of thought, the resilience of character, and the peace that dwells within.” (Found HERE.)
3.) INSPIRING PLACES: this cozy Scottish kitchen in a Georgian farmhouse, this dreamy Swedish country home (I adore the wallpaper in the bedroom), this very sweet and tiny cottage for two, and on the Swedish island of Gotland, shades of white in this charming country home.
4.) Sheet pan recipes are not only simple to make, they call for simple ingredients, and they are so delicious. This Apple Chicken Sausage sheet pan recipe can be on the table in an hour, and this Meyer Lemon Chicken sheet pan recipe is so fresh it’s sure to become a family favorite.
5.) FALL CASUAL OUTFIT #1: these super comfortable mid rise jeans, with this cute ribbed short sleeve tee (in ivory multi), and topped off with this on trend olive green utility jacket. The jeans run true to size, go up one size in the tee, and the jacket runs big, so consider sizing down. (Talbots sale: tops, pants, and jeans are 25% off. Markdowns have an additional discount.)
6.) FALL CASUAL OUTFIT #2: these perfect chinos in deep moss, topped with this half-zip pullover, and here is a fresh white t-shirt. I just wore this outfit the other day and I love it! This plaid blouse is also perfect with the chinos, topped with a denim jacket.
7.) If you haven’t baked something with pumpkin yet, you NEED to do it! Your family will love you if you make this delicious and easy pumpkin bread, or these pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies. (By the way, my dad gave the cookies two thumbs up!) Don’t forget about this delectable pumpkin roll, or these simple as pie pumpkin turnovers.
8.) COMING SOON: I thought I had shared every single soup recipe in my trusty recipe box, but I found one that I think you are going to love, so stay tuned! Also, I just saw that Part 1 of the 6th and final season of The Crown will be streaming on Netflix on November 16th.
9.) My wish for you this week is peace, happiness, and abundant grace.
1). Last week, I was so excited to share these Little Wool Acorn DIY with you. However, a bout of bronchitis kept me from finishing the post. Good news: the post was finished, and I know you will love these darling and chic little acorns. They are super easy to make and a bit addictive! Make sure you check them out!
2. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week.
3. Do you have a small room in your home. I’ve been thinking quite a bit about small-ish home living. You might be a downsizer, like me, or live in a home with a small dining room or family room. With Thanksgiving coming soon, I’ve written two posts that I think will be helpful. How To Host Thanksgiving In A Small Space, and 6 Tips For Decorating A Small Space For Fall And Thanksgiving. Although these posts focus on living large in smaller spaces, there are useful tips and lots of pretty inspiration for any size home.
4. Decor Crush: This all-purpose basket with handles, this handsome large candle in a bowl, this gold mirrored tray, this big chunky throw I just got (see it here), this wooden cake pedestal with a glass dome, hot and iced coffee maker, this versatile drink table, this trio of gold candlesticks.
Worth The Splurge: this classic swivel chair, this stunning mezzaluna console table, this tall white oak glass front cabinet (LOVE), this velvet sofa in dijon (LOVE), this velvet comforter, and this handsome square coffee table with a drawer.
5. Beautiful Home And More: One of my favorite Southern Designers is James Farmer. Here is a look at the person, the professional, and his beautiful work. And this is how Magnolia created their amazing fall display. I love this video about the secrets of tidy people.
6. Holiday Must-Haves: these sweet ceramic houses, this metallic wreath, this real touch evergreen garland, my all-time favorite Christmas candle ( I give them as gifts), this perfect large lumbar neutral Christmas pillow, and this large pre-lit evergreen wreath.
8. Fall Recipe: This cake is where easy and delicious meet! It’s a Pumpkin Dump Cake! Preheat the oven to 350°. Mix 1-30oz can of pumpkin puree, 1-16 oz can of evaporated milk, 1 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1 cup sugar, 4 eggs, and 2 tsp cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour the ingredients into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1 (15.25-ounce) package of yellow cake mix and 1 cup of chopped pecans over the top of the ingredients in the pan. Cut 3/4 cup of butter very thin and lay over the cake mix to cover it. Bake for one hour and enjoy! Yum, tastes like fall.
9. 12 Home Decor Trends That Are Out Of Style In 2024 is a must-read post. See what decor experts say, and I’ll add my two cents too! You might also like Is Gray Paint Totally Out and What You Should Know About The Color Beige. Make sure you leave a comment when you read these posts, and let me know what you think.
10. There is still time to receive our free 36-page Fall Ideabook. It will be going away soon!
Click On The Video Below For More Inspiration
Happy Wednesday, Friends!