Cherry Pie In Jars With Stars is the quintessential summer dessert! Using perfectly ripe cherries and topped with a flaky crust star these little jars are filled with the taste of the season.
The original Cherry Pie In Jars With Stars was posted over 5 years ago and has gone through an update. Easier to make now and with a printable recipe these just might be your go-to summer dessert!
My original recipe was made with homemade pie dough but it’s summer so let’s make it easy with store-bought refrigerated dough! Now, these darling little gem-of-a-dessert are even easier!
Aren’t these just adorable?
Our cherry tree was laden with fruit this year! We picked and picked and pitted and pitted some more. Much or our bounty we made into Sour Cherry Jam! You can see the link to the recipe below. And some we froze to use during the Holiday season!
But I’m so excited that some of the cherries ended up in this darling and easy to make dessert!
- 3 boxes of good pie crust from the refrigerated section of your grocer's
- 2 1/2 cups pitted sour cherries, other in-season fruit
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- sanding sugar- large granulated sugar
- 4 oz mason jars
- Unroll dough. Cut out 6 rounds using a tea saucer.
- Press the dough rounds into each 4 oz mason jar. Press the dough to the bottom and sides of the jar and let the excess fold over the top of the jar. Cut off the excess dough at the top of the jar.
- Chill jars in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cherries and gently mix until the cherries are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill the jars with cherries.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the remaining dough and cut into stars with a large star cookie cutter.
- Brush each star with cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Put the stars on a parchment lined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- When the cherry pie jars come out of the oven bake the stars for 12-15 minutes, until the tips of the stars are slightly browned.
- Top off each mini cherry pie with a star!
- You can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the cherry pie jars and then add the star on top of the ice cream.
I think eating any food out of a mason jar makes it taste better, don’t you?
You might also like… HOW TO MAKE FRUIT JAM THE EASY WAY