I have the perfect appetizer or compliment to any meal for the Christmas season! It looks like a Christmas tree but is much tastier! Made of assorted cheeses and grapes, this fun tree is not only pretty to look at but will feed a crowd! Are you entertaining this Christmas? Then you should think about making an Oh, Christmas Tree cheeseboard! Your guest will be delighted! I’ll show you how…
Let’s make an Oh, Christmas Tree Cheese Board! I saw this amazing cheese board on Pinterest and had to make one for myself! You can see the original HERE.
- 3 different kinds of cheese of different colors cut into triangle wedges ( I used 2 8oz blocks for each type of cheese)
- green grapes
- large red globe grapes
- rosemary and thyme
- I used a poster board covered in Carrara Marble contact paper as a base for the Christmas tree. Make a template for the tree out of parchment paper. This is important. Without a guide the tree might not turn out even. I used a quarter sheet pan size of parchment and folded it into a triangle.
- Start at the top of the tree. Arrange one color cheese wedges. I found that triangle wedges are easiest to arrange. Nestle them into one another following the outline of the parchment paper. Next, add a row of grapes. Snip the grapes into clusters of 3 to 6 grapes. arrange snugly up against the first layer of cheese.
- Continue alternating different colored cheese wedges and green and purple grapes. I attached 2 red grapes together with a toothpick and lined them up in a row and then added single red grapes on top of them. Keep snuggling one row against the next, making sure they are straight.
5. Continue layering the cheese and grape layers according to the image until the tree is complete.
6. Add the grape star topper. Choose a plump red grape for the center of the star. Put a toothpick through a green grape and stick the toothpick into the red grape as the image shows.
7. Garnish with thyme and rosemary. Add a celery stick for the trunk of the tree.
Serve with assorted crackers and mustards.
Wouldn’t this be the biggest hit at your next Christmas gathering?
Did you know that I have a CHRISTMAS Pinterest Board with over 1,300 festive pins? You can follow me on Pinterest and see what I’m finding to pin every day HERE.