There are some projects that I get in my mind and when I start to make them a reality I just know they are winners!!! This is one of those projects. It was so so easy to make and came together even better than I hoped! This NO-SEW FLOWER PILLOW is perfect to add to your Spring/Summer/Easter collection of pillows. You will be happy you did! Just choose a pillow cover and flower material that will work with your decor and in a short time you will have a fabulous and fluffy and oh, so pretty pillow!
For this no-sew pillow, I chose a white 20 x 20 pillow cover from Ikea and a stylized floral burlap. I am wild about the contrast of white, black and neutrals!
Let’s get busy and make this cute pillow!
STONEGABLE NO SEW BURLAP FLOWER PILLOW
- 1 pillow cover
- material, about 1 yard
- 3 cardboard cut out circles… 1 about 3 1/2 inches diameter and 1 about 2 1/2 inches diameter
- hot glue
1. Materials, as described above
2. Cut 25-30 3 1/2 inch circles and 15-20 2 1/2 inch circles.
3. Cut the circles in half. These are your petals.
4. Draw a large circle on the pillow cover lightly with a pencil. I used a dinner plate. Start with the larger petals and hot glue the edge of them to the edge of the circle. You want to make sure you have at least 3 inches of the pillow on the outside of your flower. I put hot glue on the very edge of the petals and not the pillow.
5. Start the second row of large petals between the gap of your first and last petals on the first row. See the next image (3) for this instruction. To know where to put your next row of petals mark off 1/4- 1/3 inches from the edge of the last row of petals all the way around the circle of petals. Use large petals for 3-5 rows.
6. Start using small petals. Snip the edges 3 to 4 times, as shown, to make them easy to curve and stand up a little.
7. Keep the circle tight and keep standing the petals up as they curve.
8. Continue around the flower in concentric circles until all that is left is a small bare circle in the middle. Cut out a small circle to fit the center and glue.
9. Roll over the flower and pillow with a sticky lint roller to get up all the loose fibers.
This pillow would look great on a chair, bed or sofa! I’ll be making some for summer with blue and white pillow ticking fabric. So fun!!!