NO SEW BURLAP FLOWER PILLOW DIY
There are some projects that I get in my mind and when I start to make them a reality I just know they are winners!!! This is one of those projects. It was so so easy to make and came together even better than I hoped! This NO-SEW FLOWER PILLOW is perfect to add to your Spring/Summer/Easter collection of pillows. You will be happy you did! Just choose a pillow cover and flower material that will work with your decor and in a short time you will have a fabulous and fluffy and oh, so pretty pillow!
For this no-sew pillow, I chose a white 20 x 20 pillow cover from Ikea and a stylized floral burlap. I am wild about the contrast of white, black and neutrals!
Let’s get busy and make this cute pillow!
STONEGABLE NO SEW BURLAP FLOWER PILLOW
- 1 pillow cover
- material, about 1 yard
- 3 cardboard cut out circles… 1 about 3 1/2 inches diameter and 1 about 2 1/2 inches diameter
- hot glue
1. Materials, as described above
2. Cut 25-30 3 1/2 inch circles and 15-20 2 1/2 inch circles.
3. Cut the circles in half. These are your petals.
4. Draw a large circle on the pillow cover lightly with a pencil. I used a dinner plate. Start with the larger petals and hot glue the edge of them to the edge of the circle. You want to make sure you have at least 3 inches of the pillow on the outside of your flower. I put hot glue on the very edge of the petals and not the pillow.
5. Start the second row of large petals between the gap of your first and last petals on the first row. See the next image (3) for this instruction. To know where to put your next row of petals mark off 1/4- 1/3 inches from the edge of the last row of petals all the way around the circle of petals. Use large petals for 3-5 rows.
6. Start using small petals. Snip the edges 3 to 4 times, as shown, to make them easy to curve and stand up a little.
7. Keep the circle tight and keep standing the petals up as they curve.
8. Continue around the flower in concentric circles until all that is left is a small bare circle in the middle. Cut out a small circle to fit the center and glue.
9. Roll over the flower and pillow with a sticky lint roller to get up all the loose fibers.
This pillow would look great on a chair, bed or sofa! I’ll be making some for summer with blue and white pillow ticking fabric. So fun!!!
Beautiful!!! I wish I could do something like this!!
YOU can!!! Give it a try Lisa!
Yvonne you are amazing! How did you ever figure out how to make that flower!! That is awesome! Great idea for DIY decorating!! Thank you!
Gorgeous pillow!! Where can I locate this gorgeous burlap material?
Hi Leslie, try JoAnne fabrics. The carry such great burlaps.
Very cute and clever, love an easy project.
Yvonne, where in the world do you find all of your different printed burlap. Never can locate any other than chevron patterns
JoAnn fabrics have wonderful printed burlap designs.
I love, love, love this burlap flower pillow. Thank you for this wonder step by step tutorial. I will be making this for sure, this summer. I love everything you do, and this is nothing short of fabulous. Have a great weekend.
I love this pillow!!! And, since I don’t sew, I can totally do this! Thanks so much for sharing!
Love the flower pillow and want to try to make it
Very pretty! Love the printed burlap you used. Visiting from Style Showcase.
Your blog is wonderful. I am going to try your blueberry muffin recipe today. Sunday scriptures have been great especially this winter when I have been snowed in several different Sundays. Thank you so much.
Love the playfulness of this pillow! Thanks for sharing the pattern with us.! On a totally different note, i am new to Stone Gable
Your sense of style is amazing. All of the links to your soft sisal rugs mo longer work
. Would you be willing to share them one more time??? Thanks Deb
Hi Deb, welcome to the StoneGable family! Here are some posts about natural fiber rugs:https://www.stonegableblog.com/pros-and-cons-of-natural-fiber-rugs/ and
I love your ideas! I will definitely follow you on instagram and facebook!
Thanks, Bethany! I had my Instagram hacked and now I’m starting over!
Love your Ideas, that pillow is just perfect! Fun.
So sweet, Donna! Thanks!