Don’t you love comfort food? And it’s even better if it is pretty… and tastes scrumptious… and smells heavenly! That’s just how I feel about my favorite blueberry muffins. I love them warm right out of the oven. Oh, the culinary bliss! You need to try these muffins! But don’t eat them all because they freeze beautifully and can be warmed up in the microwave and eaten warm whenever you need a blueberry sprinkled treat! Yum-Oh-Yum! Let’s make blueberry muffins!
Blueberries are so good for you and in my mind that sorta offsets the sugar in the muffin! A sweet treat that’s good for you? Who knew?
What I love about this recipe is I don’t need to pull out my mixer. It’s all mixed by hand! And that is a very good thing to me!
MY FAVORITE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour 1/4 cup reserved
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pints fresh blueberries washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Sift 3 1/4 cup four, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl mix the buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and eggs until well mixed.
- In a third bowl add the blueberries and sprinkle them with the reserved flour. Mix very gently not to break the blueberries. This will keep the blueberries from falling to the bottom of the muffins.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just incorporated. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Distribute the batter evenly between 20 muffin cups. I like to use a standard size ice cream scoop to put muffin mixtures into the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Can be frozen once cooled.
Adapted from Ina Garten
You might like to follow me on Pinterest and see what I am finding to pin every day HERE.