DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND CHERRY BARK
Oh, yum! This is such an easy and oh, so delicious bark recipe! And make a double batch because it will go quick! The ingredients are good for you and filling. And the almonds and dried cherries work wonderfully with the dark chocolate. Let’s make a quick and delicious batch of Dark Chocolate Almond Cherry Bark!
DARK CHOCOLATE ALMOND DRIED CHERRY BARK
A delicious bark with the paring of almonds and dried cherries.Print Recipe
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 12 oz. good dark chocolate 60-70% cocoa, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cherries coarsely chopped
- In a large saucepan over low heat toast the almonds. Stir them frequently and watch the because they burn quickly. Remove the almonds from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Make a double boiler by adding water to a large saucepan. Bring the water to boil. Reduce the heat to medium low. Place a large heatproof bowl with 10 oz of the chopped chocolate in it over the larger saucepan. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl.
- Keep stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Take the bowl off the heat and add the last 2 oz of chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted.
- Add the vanilla, toasted almond slices and coarsely chopped cherries to the chocolate and stir to mix.
- Pour the chocolate onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for one hour until firm and then break apart.
This is a formula recipe. You can add other combinations to the chocolate or a delicious sweet treat.
Take Yvonne’s advice on GOOD dark chocolate. I used chocolate chips. Although the taste is great, it was difficult to spread. My guess is it is missing some fat!
You are so right Carol!
I would like to know what size pan is used for this recipe. I am going to make this but don’t know what size pan to prep.
Do you mean the pan for the double boiler? The idea is to create a steam bath to melt the chocolate. So find a bowl that will be heatproof and big enough for the chocolate (I use a glass bowl) and then find a pot that the bottom of the bow will fit into. Fill the pot with water but don’t let the water touch the bowl. I hope this helps you.