IT’S SUMMER!!!! And a wonderful time to get into the relaxed and fun vibe of warm summer days and long sweet nights. Today I’m sharing the best and most beautiful ways to decorate for the season at hand! I’m sharing 30+ of my favorite summer tips right here!
Are you ready to get your home summer ready with these 30 amazing ideas? Let’s get started!!!!
PICK SUMMER FLOWERS
Whether you pick a bunch of pretty blooms from your yard, buy them at a local farm stand or get them from your favorite grocer’s flowers will make summer come alive on your tabletops and in your home! And don’t be afraid to stop by the side of the road and pick a handful too!
Just a few summery blossoms in tiny vases is a simple and fresh summer look!
CREATE A SUMMER VIGNETTE
Shop your home and find a few items that remind you of summer and create a vignette!
It’s a great time to be patriotic. Create a vignette that is red, white, and blue!
Brighten up a room with flowers from a garden. I tend to like small hand picked arrangements.
White is a great accent for summer decor! It’s fresh and clean and has a cooling effect! Choose a few white accent pieces no matter what your decor and see how takes the sizzle out of summer heat… and make a room look gorgeous!
If white is not your thing try light neutral colors! Light colors give the feeling of feeling cool and airy.
Swap our dark and or heavy pillows for ones that are more summery!
Or try a new color and new patterned pillow. These vintage looking green floral pillows are new this summer. They are a pretty different look that works with all the green plants in my summer great room.
Speaking of pillows…
DECORATE OUTDOOR SPACES WITH PILLOWS TO
Use indoor/outdoor pillow on your patio or rockers or other outdoor chairs. They dress up an area and can make it look and feel more like a “living space”.
HANG THE PRETTIEST SUMMER WREATH ON YOUR FRONT DOOR
A wreath gives everyone a little preview of what they will find inside your home. And it is the first cheery welcome anyone who comes to your door will get.
Hang the biggest and prettiest wreath on your door!
TRY A FEW NEW SUMMER RECIPES
Try new recipes this summer with fresh in-season flavors! Some of my favorites are…
- SCRUMPTIOUS RHUBARD GALETTE
- ARUGULA SALAD WITH SHAVED PARMESAN, TOASTED PINE NUTS IN A LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- BREAKFAST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- THE BEST POTATO SALAD YOU WILL EVER EAT
- GLAZED LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD
SQUEEZE IN A BIT OF CITRUS INTO YOUR SUMMER DECOR
Citrus will make the prettiest and easiest arrangement or centerpiece. Use a pretty bowl and add lemons, limes, oranges or any other citrus along with some shiny leaves. Instant pretty!
MAKE AN EASY 20 MINUTE OUTDOOR CANDLE LANTERN
You can make these so cute outdoor citronella candles with just three things! And they are fun! Light up your summer nights and chase away all those mosquitos! See them HERE.
SET A PRETTY TABLE
Summer is a great time to entertain and have family and friends over for a meal. When the weather is nice you can find us out on our back patio but even when the temps tickle 100 degrees and the humidity drips off my nose I’m still ready for summer dinners at home… but inside!
Those laid back long summer evenings were made for great dinners and pretty tables!
Set a casual table for dining al fresco!
Or set a simple but more elegant table for inside!
I’m a fan of great melamine and plasticware. Give it a second look, you will be amazed!
CREATE AN OUTDOOR LIVING SPACE
Summer mean being outside! Take every opportunity to spend time outside relaxing and enjoying family and friends.
Even if you have just a small space get it summer ready by creating a little outdoor living space. Keep a bar cart ready for outdoor libations and a few appetizers.
Even a small space can be summer ready! Think about adding a chair, rocker or bench so you have a place to sit and enjoy your morning coffee. Morning coffee always tastes better sitting outside on a summer morning.
Let’s enjoy summer indoors and out and create beautiful living spaces to enjoy the whole season long! How are you getting your home summer ready?
USE LIGHT LAYERS AND LIGHTER FABRICS ON YOUR SUMMER BEDS
Our sleeping needs are so different in the summer. We need cool, light layers on our beds for a night of great sleep and sweetest dreams. Also, if you run hot at night a fan is a must!
And although new spring and summer inspired bedding is not a must is sure it nice!
OTHER SUMMER IDEAS FOR YOUR HOME AN OUTDOOR SPACES
These ideas are for our homes, outdoor spaces and summer lifestyle…
- Add a fan to rooms that tend to get hot (especially bedrooms)
- Organize pool and beach gear into a pretty beach bag so you can grab and go
- Put sun hats on a hanging coat rack or pegs. They are useful and pretty all at the same time
- Hang outdoor curtains on your patio and deck
- Keep grilling items in a large bucket ready to use
- If you have a real fireplace fill it with something when it is not in use. Add different candlesticks and candles to it for a cool evening glow.
- Build an outdoor shower. Nothing is as wonderful as an outdoor shower!
- Add a fabric canopy to your bed this summer.
- Fill your outdoor containers with flowers. Snip them and water them and as they get tired replace them.
- Make a S’more container to keep all the S’more ingredients together to take to your fire pit.
- Take lots of summer pictures and frame the best.
- Fly an American Flag.
- Plant an indoor succulent garden indoors.
- Hang party light outside.
- Read a summer inspired book.
- Even if you don’t live near the beach, add a bowl of shells or a starfish or a little coral to your decor.
- Drink water with frozen fruit or herbs or both in it.
- Take a little walk around the outside of your home with your garden gloves, a basket and snips. Pull weeds, deadhead flowers and pick some to come in too. Do a little bit every day.
- Add a summery pop of color to your decor.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat and a smile.