Let’s talk pumpkins… AGAIN! I do love them and I bet you could have guessed that. Last week I shared the first part of 100 FABULOUS PUMPKIN IDEAS and today I’m sharing part 2. It’s a pumpkin palooza! I hope you will find lots of ideas and ways to decorate with pumpkins this fall!!! So, let’s get started…
Today on Decorating Tips And Tricks we are talking about FALL CENTERPIECES. Oh, we have so many great ideas for you! And make sure you read the show notes at decoratingtipsandtricks.com to see all the links to what we are talking about.
See episode 264 below…
It’s HOME STYLE SATURDAY! Thanks, Lory for putting this group together. Please check out her gorgeous blog Designthusiam. Check out the beautiful posts at the bottom of this post.
I’ve been learning how to create videos for my blog and other social media outlets. I hope you will enjoy the pumpkin ideas you find in this video…
- stack white platters and line up a trio of orange mini pumpkins on them
- use washi tape to make stripes down a pumpkin
- use cookie cutters and a hammer to cut out interesting patterns on a pumpkin
- write guests name on a mini pumpkin and use it as a place card
- put a black witch’s hat on a pumpkin and carve a scary face
- use thumbtacks to decorate or write something on a pumpkin- black thumbtacks on a white pumpkin looks amazing
- carve a pumpkin then use an apple corer to cut out holes in a pumpkin
- put pumpkins on hay bales
- put baby boo pumpkins in little-whitewashed terracotta pots
- add a pumpkin to the seat of an outdoor rocking chair
- use caulk to create designs on a faux pumpkin and then paint over it- so pretty!
- spray paint a pumpkin a wild color
- glue berries and brambles to make a collar around the pumpkin at the base of the stem
- stencil a design on a faux pumpkin
- create confetti pumpkins by punching out circles of tissue paper in many colors and gluing it on the pumpkin
- Cut apart paper doilies (gold) and paste on a pumpkin
- paint your door number and your state on a pumpkin and put it outside your front door
- tuck pumpkins between the books in a bookshelf
- perch a pumpkin on top of an old scale
- fill a tiered tray full of pumpkins, acorns, and mini pinecones
- put mini pumpkins in some of the holes of an old muffin pan and votives in the others
- glue mums and leaves to the collar of a faux pumpkin
- put a Halloween mask on a pumpkin
- write the letters of the word BOO or THANKFUL on each pumpkin and line them up across your mantel
- wrap the middle of a pumpkin in bittersweet or grapevine or both
- tie a thick black and white checked bow around the middle of a pumpkin
- fill an unused hearth (or crate turned on its side) with assorted pumpkins
- put a tall pumpkin in the middle of a cake plate and put food around it
- use permanent marker on a pumpkin to make interesting designs
- chalk paint pumpkins in assorted colors that work with your decor and collect them together in a big bowl
- tuck a little pumpkin into every vignette in your home
- put a tiny pumpkin next to a small vase of flowers in your bathrooms
- put a man’s bow tie around the middle of a pumpkin
- put pumpkins in outdoor garden boxes and containers
- cut a faux pumpkin from stem to stern and use it as an ice bucket for drinks
- use a pumpkin as a baker- see a great recipe here
- spray metallic spray paint directly into a bucket of water and dip a pumpkin in it for a gorgeous gilded look
- line up little pumpkin in window transoms
- decorate a wreath with pumpkin
- put twiggy candle rings under small pumpkins
- line up little pumpkins on your windowsills
- use a big pumpkin to stick skewers of fruit into for a party
- put pumpkins on the steps of an old ladder and use for outdoor decor
- cut the top third of a pumpkin off, scoop out the guts, add a clear bowl about the same size inside the pumpkin and use as a punch bowl
- line your walkway with lit carved pumpkins
- fill a flat white tray with candy corn and nestle little pumpkins down in it
- tie old keys with twine around the neck of a white pumpkin
- fill an old wooden tool box with pumpkins and other fall elements
- pop off the top of a faux pumpkin and add a small decorative knob- see a tutorial HERE.
- decorate pumpkins with stickers like spiders, dots, bats, etc.
Phew!!!!! 100 Fabulous Pumpkin Ideas!!!!!
I hope you will be using some to decorate your home this fall!
This week is a wonderful FALL IDEA TOUR! You will love these beautiful blogs… Check them out!