Are you thinking about fall yet? I am! And on Wednesday Weekly Wishlist there are some really pretty and easy to do fall ideas. Also, great recipes, lots of decorating ideas and sources and more! Welcome to a little bit of fun on Wednesdays!
I’m first this week so let’s get started…
1. I’m going to be making over one of my guest rooms this fall. It’s the smallest bedroom and right now it has a huge rice carved bed in it. I’m making it roomier by switching the big bed for two twin beds. I love this bed from Target. And I’m going to put wallpaper on the wall with the beds. Here are a few I like… here, and here, here, and here.
3. I start posting Fall content on Aug 5 to give you have plenty of time to get inspired for fall. Here’s a couple of organic things I have and love. These dried sunflower heads and these adorable mini dried gourds and these dried mini Indian corn cobs and these dried globe thistles. They will look so nice in one of the bowls above.
4. I’m changing a few things in my sunroom. This is a small room that gets tons and tons of use! We have this fabulous sectional in a light bone color and we just love it. And this recliner, that does not look like a recliner in a leather called “pebble”. I just got this rug. And I’m thinking about this small console table. What room in your home gets the most wear?
5. If you are looking for a fun, easy hobby or a great gift how about this custom paint by number? I loved paint by number as a child. Do you remember them?
6. This is my favorite designer on YouTube. She is spot on! And she is a hoot! My home appeared in her videos! Here’s another of my favorite YouTube channels. If you want to learn how to paint anything in your home THIS is the best place to do it. And I highly recommend and use Amy Howard’s products.
8. I take Juice+ whole food supplements every day! And drink a Juice + shake for breakfast every other day. These products are wonderful! My daughter-in-law Abigail is a part of the Juice + family. I’m so thankful I found these beneficial supplements through her.
9. This is a beautiful site to pursue home furnishings and buy custom upholstered furniture at a very reasonable price. Their hashtag is “custom furniture for a cookie cutter price”. I think this cocktail chair is perfection in this fabric.
10. I’m always thinking of how to create more beauty in every room in our home. Here are 10 Smart Changes For Beautiful Rooms.
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) So if you are ever sitting around with nothing to watch on TV, I have a suggestion. I already recommended the Netflix movie The Lost Husband. It’s really good, and stars Josh Duhamel. I sort of have a thing for him, so I looked up some of his other movies. He’s in Life As We Know It and Safe Haven. (Both are on Netflix.) This is a trio of entertaining movies that won’t strain your brain…think Nicholas Sparks and happy endings. Anyway, see what you think!
2.) This is one of the cutest baby showers I have ever seen. It’s for a baby boy, but the ideas can easily be adapted to a girl, or to a gender neutral celebration.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit. Be patient and stay the course.” From Author & Mompreneur, Fabienne Fredrickson.
5.) I found this beautiful puzzle for my granddaughter at a local toy store. When I got home, I looked on Amazon to see if there were any others. I was so happy when I found this cute elephant puzzle…and yes, I ordered it right away!
6.) Summer is winding down, but there’s still plenty of it left. I recently shared a yummy drink recipe for an Orange & Thyme Spritzer that’s perfect for these hot August days. And if you missed it, here is Wednesday Weekly Wish List #6.
7.) If you’ve ever been to Disney World and had their Dole Whip, keep on reading. I saw this YouTube video on how to make your own at home. You need an ice cream maker, and this Dole Pineapple Soft Serve Mix. You are going to love it!
8.) Have you always wanted to plant a cutting garden? This article has simple and straight-forward advice for choosing plants, planning ahead, maximizing production, and more.
9.) This Melon Caprese Salad is the perfect light and refreshing appetizer, side dish, or snack.
10.) One more beautiful salad idea. Click HERE for my own fresh citrus salad with orange vinaigrette.
1. Have you taken a peek at fall fashion yet? This is going to be a really fun season, as designers have approached it from the standpoint that we need some festivity back in our lives (Vogue is calling it “rebellious personal style”). Think saturated colors, especially pink and lime, faux leopard print coats, sequined opulence, bold patterns and lots of cutout details. Also fun silhouettes like sweater vests, boyfriend jeans and oversized blazers.
3. How about some inexpensive luxury? Enjoy these little pleasures for under $25. I use this lip balm every single night, can’t start the day without this coffee, love to use my favorite soap to upgrade my morning showers, and just might occasionally indulge in these chocolates (and by occasionally I mean almost every day! ???)
5. FAVORITE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: Not traveling yet? Live vicariously through this stunning and colorful account! I promise it’s worth the click.
6. This coming December, the hubby and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary! With travel still very iffy, and an anniversary in the middle of winter, I’m not sure yet how we will celebrate. One idea is to “travel” to New York City, our local city, and visit as if we were tourists. We can stay at this amazing hotel, or just have a drink and drool over the decor, then dine at a favorite restaurant, see a show, maybe do a cooking class and peruse the galleries. Have any of you ever visited your own local city as a tourist?
7. I’m a big fan of James Clear, author of Atomic Habits. I love this quote: “Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become.”
8. I am currently thinking about fall decor and one of the best places to start is with a fall wreath. Here are some great wreaths for Fall 2021.
9. This week on the blog we talked about understanding room layout and furniture placement. We also looked at this guest bedroom that doubles as an office and these fall decor ideas for the kitchen. Finally, if you’re looking to declutter your home, I shared my top home organizing hacks with these 12 things you won’t find in my home.
10. Still haven’t painted the desk, still haven’t selected the floor tile. I should probably stop starting new projects…