Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, and the best finds. Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #76. I know it’s Friday, but I had a bit of a blog facelift and it took way longer than expected. I have a couple thousand posts and they were all a bit cantankerous about moving! I’m still working on making StoneGable much easier to find what you are looking for, to read and of course to be prettier!
I hope you will read and find all the Wednesday inspiration today!
This post contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy HERE.
Lory’s up first…
1. If you’re looking for simple ways to update your holiday decor without starting from scratch, a few tweaks could deliver a fresh color palette and a whole new look. See how I wrestled with my design style and how I applied it to holiday decorating in my latest post: Update Your Christmas Decor with a Fresh Christmas Color Palette.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: These classic tartan plaid throw blankets, this gorgeous gold and cut-glass jeweled tree, this cushy snow day pillow, these icicle accent ornaments, and these pretty holly napkin rings.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This beautiful holiday dinnerware set, these sweet handmade German nutcrackers, this iconic vintage-inspired Christmas ornaments set and the best seller from last week, this Santa toile bedding.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared easy Christmas decorating ideas for this tiny front porch, using greenery and organics to create rustic chic holiday decor, these elegant holiday decorating ideas for the dining room, and this classic and refined Christmas table setting.
7. If you enjoy vintage European-inspired decor, you will love this freshly updated Ultimate Guide to French Country Decor Essentials.
8. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: These doors look absolutely magnificent in this space and I would just love to do this to the doors in our home. This powder room is so gorgeous and a perfect representation of Old World meets modern, with chic clean lines and wonderful details. I’m loving the character of this lovely kitchen, particularly the contrast between the industrial pendants and the rattan bar stools.
9. UP NEXT: DIY printable gift tags for all your holiday gift giving…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) The blog was quiet this past week, but a couple of days before Thanksgiving, I shared a Holiday Family Gift Guide. It has lots of fun and budget-friendly ideas for everyone on your list!
2.) Do you love to give a handmade Christmas gift? I don’t think there’s anything better. This lavender sugar scrub is wonderful and useful, and these lavender sachets smell heavenly. Simmering potpourri is also a thoughtful and festive gift. Our friend Martha has some lovely ideas too. Check out these 20 handmade gifts for her!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “You are worthy of being chosen, fought for, and loved. Remember that.” ~Mark Groves
4.) INSPIRING SPACES: this rustic and cozy Christmas living room with touches of blue, this elegant and natural living room with the most beautiful tree, this bright and light Christmas home tour, and this gorgeous winter wonderland Christmas home tour.
5.) Did your family put tinsel on your Christmas tree when you were growing up? My parents did not, but my mother-in-law did. My kids always helped put up her tree, and the best part was throwing the tinsel! Believe it or not, you can still buy it. This box of silver tinsel should cover a large tree. You can also get tinsel garland which has even more sparkle. You can learn more about the tinsel tradition HERE.
6.) There are a bunch of Christmas movies on right now…but so far my favorite is The Noel Diary, which is based on a Richard Paul Evans novel. The book is part of The Noel Collection, which is a series of four books. The Noel Diary is book 1.
I was exhausted after the weekend, so on Sunday night I put up my feet, and fired up Netflix. There are many lovely moments in the movie, and the main characters are so likeable. I hope you can carve out some time for yourself and watch it!
7.) Some fun Christmas recipes that make great gifts: this Eggnog Bread is a family favorite, this Snickerdoodle Bread tastes just like the cookies, and this Cake Mix Quickbread is sweet enough to serve for dessert! (Pictured above.)
8.) I have two Christmas decor posts coming soon. Our front porch, and our living room/entry space. I hope to share a new recipe or two as well. Enjoy the next few busy and bustling weeks!
1). We are 95% decorated for Christmas here! It sure helps to have a hard deadline! On Monday our 2022 Merry And Bright Christmas Tour went live!!! For me, this is the biggest event on my blogging calendar all year! This year I used a bit of red in my decor! If you did not see it head over and get lots of ideas for your Christmas home.
2. Have you gotten the ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS e-magazine I created for you? It’s full of beautiful images and ideas to get you in the Christmas mood and help you decorate your home. Sign up and get it and StoneGable’s latest features right to your inbox!
3. It’s not too early to think about your Holiday menu! I love to cook but I really don’t like to make h’orderves! So when we have a meal with company or family during the Holidays I usually make one easy appetizer and buy the rest! My favorite go-to h’orderves to make is this Pinecone Cheeseball and this O, Christmas Tree Cheeseboard. I add a couple bowls of nuts and serve some delicious drinks and that’s it!
4. FABULOUS CHRISTMAS FINDS: this beautiful little tree, this pretty wreath with brass bells, these festive serving plates, this beautiful faux mohair fringe throw (great gift), the cutest bobble knit Christmas stocking, and this bobble knit throw. You can also find lots of beautiful Holiday decor at StoneGable’s Christmas Shops! Lots of sales going on.
5. BEAUTIFUL HOME TOURS AND CHRISTMAS IDEAS: here is a pretty Christmas entryway and dining room, here is a montage of beautiful Christmas home decor ideas, and here is a home decorated by Jennifer Davenport, one of my favorite Southern designers.
6. I have a bad cold so yesterday so I “laid low” and did not do much at all. Last evening Bobby and I watched a really good and beautiful musical Cyrano. I just loved it! I hope you will too!
7. HOLIDAY WEAR: It’s nice to have something festive in your wardrobe for the Holidays! When I saw this I had to have it (30% off), and this festive sweater (30% off), these plaid velveteen pants (30% off), a classic and classy party dress (30% off), and these adorable plaid flats with pom poms (30 % off).
8. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: Do you hide a pickle in your Christmas tree? What is the story behind the pickle? How many gifts were given on the 12 Days Of Christmas?
9. I have a big box full of large jingle bells I like to tie on our Christmas tree. But they are very bright and shiny. This year, I wanted them a little more dull with a slight patina so I tied them together with a string and ran them through a quick wash in the top rack of my dishwasher. And voila, nicely patinaed jingle bells. Check them often, if you do this, to get the right look you want.
Answer to #8: The pickle was created to help kids slow down and keep them from rushing through their Christmas presents. Must have been created by smart parents! If you add up all the days, 364 gifts were given on the 12 Days Of Christmas.