Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #72. Need a little fun and inspiration in the middle of the week? This week we are featuring great fall home decor ideas, seasonal ideas and link to fabulous things, home tours beauty and fashion, what to watch on tv, and good reads. And so much more! Join us because Wednesdays are fun days!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #72 and Happy November! We are doing a lot of cross holidation! That’s my word for decorating for two or more holidays at once. As we leave Halloween behind I’m busy finalizing our Thanksgiving plans while decorating for Christmas!
And we are sharing lots of ideas for both Thanksgiving and Christmas today! Ready for a cross holidation extravaganza?
Ann is up first…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) It’s been busy on the blog this week! If you have always wanted to host a Friendsgiving, but thought it would be too much work, this post is for you. I just updated my easy tutorial on how to make your own DIY cloth napkins, as well as these cute printable holiday napkin rings. (I expanded the selection of printable tags with a few new choices!
2.) This is the time of year where we need to juggle two holidays at the same time. We need to get started on Christmas prep, and we also need to finalize our plans for Thanksgiving. These tips for planning your holiday decor will keep you organized, and these Thanksgiving Day ideas will give you the inspiration you need to host a wonderful dinner for your family. I also completely updated this Jiffy corn casserole recipe. New pictures, better instructions, and much more information!
3.) OCTOBER BEST SELLERS: I loved your picks last month! You scooped up my favorite leggings, and you liked this denim tunic shirt as much as I do. You are thinking ahead, and ordered this green plaid Christmas pillow, along with this red striped pillow. This cute neutral tufted chair was popular, as well as this indigo runner.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The older I get, the more I realize that it’s OK to live a life others don’t understand.” ~Courtney Carver
5.) SALE ALERT: The price of a KitchenAid stand mixer has skyrocketed over the past few years. Some models are well over $600.00. Believe it or not, you can get the
5 quart model (which is the perfect size) for almost half that price! It’s available in eight colors, and has free shipping. I haven’t seen this mixer priced this low in literally years. The sale runs until November 28th, but don’t wait if you want a specific color. This is a great item to put on your Christmas list!
6.) Thanksgiving Day PSA: Let’s talk Thanksgiving Day gravy. Over the years, I have tried many different methods…from simply buying it at the grocery, to making it from scratch with turkey drippings. The best gravy I ever made was a few years ago, and I followed this recipe. It’s a five minute video that’s been viewed almost a million times…and it tells you exactly what to do. And it’s amazing.
9.) I’m hosting a Friendsgiving celebration for my best friends on November 10th. After that, I’ll plunge right into decorating for Christmas. My goal is to get all the inspiration and ideas to you as soon as I can. If everything goes well, I’ll be sharing our front porch and living room before the end of the month. Fingers crossed!
10.) Wishing you a pleasant and peaceful week. XO
1. Are you thinking about Christmas decorating yet? I’m so excited to share the 2022 StoneGable Christmas Shops. They just opened and have beautiful Christmas decor curated just for you! If you like StoneGable’s style then you will love all the items in the shops. Find Christmas decor, pillows, trees, stockings, ornaments, doormats, and so much more! You just need to head over to the Christmas Shops and browse for yourself! Enjoy!
3. My lovely daughter-in-law Abigail volunteered to host Thanksgiving this year. I gratefully passed the turkey on to her! I’ll be there to help her and give her moral support. I’ve been looking for hostess gifts and I found such pretty things: this beautiful and unique hostess gift box, this pretty recipe binder, the best hand cream (my favorite), this beautiful St Jude bell-shaped scented candle, this pretty Holiday apron, this personalized stationery, and winterberry soap and lotion 3 piece set.
4. Beautiful Holiday Homes: A stunning and big Christmas home, and here is a very talented designer’s Christmas Home, And McGee And Co peek at her Christmas collection for Target. See my Christmas Shops to see lots of those items.
5. My best friend and I started a book club over ten years ago. Wow, have we read lots of books. But now, we are transitioning our book club to a game club! What fun! We want to chat more and laugh more and enjoy other friends more! Maybe this is something you might think about doing in the New Year. We could all use a little bit more fun!
6. FABULOUS FINDS:
Home Decor– these upholstered x ottomans (just got 2 and love them), this nailhead swivel chair, this gorgeous creamy sideboard/buffet, this adjustable leg sofa table, and these beautiful buffalo check curtains with pom pom trim I just got.
Scents and Candles: this sweet candle for the “world’s best…”, this large room essential oil diffuser, this great essential oil starter set, my favorite flickering taper candles, this trio of Christmas scented foaming hand soap, and this beautiful Christmas/winter potpourri.
Favorite Personal Care: totally worth every penny Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment, the best eye cream, my favorite hand lotion, this duo will give you pretty nails, the best towel to dry your hair, vitamin C serum, and my must-have hairspray.
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What is the busiest day of the year for plumbers? Thanksgiving day is a big day for movie releases. What was the number 1 all-time biggest money maker released on Thanksgiving Day?
8. EASY RECIPE: Here’s an easy bark recipe. Top with your favorite add-ins: Put parchment paper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Melt your choice of chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds. Pour chocolate into the baking sheet and top with add-ins. Let totally harden and then break apart. Just think of all the delicious combinations you can make! Here’s my favorite chocolate. Tastes like Belgium chocolate.
9. CLASSIC CHRISTMAS BOOKS: These are wonderful books to read between now and Christmas… Comfort And Joy by Kristin Hannah, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, Letters From Father Christmas by JRR Tolkien, The Gift Of The Magi by O Henry, and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson.
10. Hey Friends, I’d love you to weigh in on what you would like to see more of on StoneGable’s Weekly Wednesday Wishlist. Please let me know by leaving a comment on my blog. Thanks!
Answer to #7: The day after Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year for plumbers. Frozen, released on Thanksgiving day in 2013, grossed $93 million dollars domestically and is still the highest grossing movie released on Thanksgiving Day. You go, Elsa!
1. Have you got a regular “date” that you share with your adult kids? When my son moved back closer to us, I wanted to create a new tradition that would entice him to visit often, so we started a weekly movie night at home. Read what makes it special in THIS POST, from the classic movie food, to the cozy decor and the viewing set-up.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These naif ceramic Christmas houses, this weathered cowbell set, these faux gilded pears, these fun tree lanterns and these simple elegant ceramic trees – never thought I’d say it, but I love the black!
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: this lovely Nativity set and the tray it’s shown on, this stunning faux cedar garland, this light-up Advent Calendar (this sold out early last year, so don’t wait!), these fabulous wooden nutcrackers, and this perfect holiday door mat.
6. FASHION PICKS: Of all the clothing I buy, the items that get worn the most are my workout gear. And sometimes, I even work out in them! I just stocked up again for the winter and got my favorite leggings (the phone pocket is a must and I’ll admit I’ve worn these with boots out to dinner… shhhhh!), the most comfortable walking sneakers, these cushiony sox, this basic tee (I have at least 5 in black) and this zip jacket. These are all the items I genuinely wear pretty much every day. In summer I get the cropped legging, in winter I go for the 25″.
7. Did you know that my favorite little spot in our whole house is this charming butler’s pantry that we created from a spare closet? The transformation is quite amazing! You can see the renovation details HERE.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: Some wonderful pieces from Ballard Designs are on clearance. I love their quality and their design, so combined with the marked down prices, you can’t go wrong. This whitewashed natural coffee table, this lovely rattan side table with room for storage, this pretty file cabinet that would upgrade any office, this exquisite Gustavian bar cart, and this vintage-inspired French industrial desk.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Absolutely loving this one-of-a-kind kitchen with historic materials, reclaimed wood, antique stone and brass details. This mountain getaway is just amazing, starting with this gorgeous entryway. Be sure to scroll through all the pics to see the rest. A bit out of character for me, but I’m crushing on the drama of this bedroom, with stark contrasts of dark and light and so many elegant touches.
10. UP NEXT: Starting to think about a new holiday color palette…
Thanks for joining us for Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #71. See you next week.