Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #71. Need a little fun and inspiration in the middle of the week? This week we are featuring great fall home decor ideas, seasonal ideas and link to fabulous things, home tours beauty and fashion, what to watch on tv, and good reads. And so much more! Join us because Wednesdays are fun days!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #71! We have lots of cross holidation going on! That’s when you decorate for more than one season and or holiday at once! You will see beautiful fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas all together here… in one place!
I’m up first today! Yay!
1). I love this time of year! And fall is just gorgeous in beautiful Lancaster County! I’m also thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas! I shared this last week, but it is such a helpful post I’m sharing it again. THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THANKSGIVING is a must-read for hostesses and guests alike! Here is a fun and very practical post 10 THINGS TO DO FOR CHRISTMAS NOW. This post will seriously make your Christmas more organized and easier!
2. Do you get StoneGable’s newsletters? They are paced with decorating, recipes, seasonal inspiration, and more! Subscribe by going HERE and clicking on the green sign me up at the top of the page above the big StoneGable. Get StoneGable delivered to your inbox! And get 5 Decorating Tips To Make You A Better Decorator.
4. MORE FABULOUS FINDS: this upholstered ottoman stool I just ordered, this versatile rattan tray, this beautiful floor standing full length dressing mirror, this gold tone bar cart, this swoop armchair that will go anywhere, this gorgeous scalloped jute rug, this very handsome wood, and metal glass front chest,
5. BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND MORE: This Christmas House preview from Studio McGee, this great video for arranging fall flowers (must-see), and how to add a Christmas garland to a mantel with a tv above it.
6. CHRISTMAS FINDS FROM STUDIO MCGEE: Here are some of the beautiful Christmas finds from the video above, this cedar and eucalyptus garland, this white ceramic tree, this soft green, and white Christmas tree lumbar pillow, this beautiful golden tabletop botanical mistletoe, this sweet little l feathery pine tree,
7. Fun and Interesting Facts: Before pumpkins were carved what vegetable was carved into a jack-o-lantern first? What immigrants brought Halloween traditions with them to the US?
8. CHRISTMAS DECORATING SCHOOL: see how to DECORATE A SMALL SPACE FOR CHRISTMAS here, learn everything there is to know about a TABLETOP CHRISTMAS TREE, and see how to make the easiest CHRISTMAS ARRANGEMENT.
9. If you like Hallmark Christmas movies, here is the complete season of new Holly Jolly Hallmark movies! What Hallmark Christmas movie is your favorite?
Answer to #6- Turnips were carved into jack-o-lanterns before pumpkins. The Irish brought their celtic traditions of Halloween to the US.
1. Do you dress up for Thanksgiving or is it a casual ‘football and turkey’ day? Whatever your style, be sure to check out this NEW fall capsule. I added autumn accent colors to my neutral capsule wardrobe to create great affordable fall and Thanksgiving outfits!
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: these wood grain pumpkins (on super-sale!), these gorgeous hurricane lamps, these snowy votive holders, these tortoise glass vases and these wonderful wooden nutcrackers.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This beautiful birch angel tree topper, this elegant little desktop clock, this pretty copper roasting pan, these festive pinecone cut wine goblets (I love the green!).
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: These timeless whitewashed sconces, this set of botanical wall art on linen, these ‘ancient jar’ aged vases (I have two of these styles and they’re nicer than any I’ve seen), and these rattan display boxes (set of 2).
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these french inspired hostess gifts, this romantic Christmas printable wreath art, these updated family room ideas that combine style and practicality, and this shopping guide for where to buy affordable french farmhouse lighting.
6. BEAUTY PICK: I just got this makeup mirror, perfect for travel, but also for home. This has been an ongoing quest – I needed something that packs flat but is large enough to see my whole face, tall enough to put on a hotel desk, easy to charge and magnifies enough. I bought the 5x magnification, but also got the 10x attachment.
7. If you’ll be entertaining this holiday season, I think you’ll enjoy these table setting ideas. I used the same place setting, but set a completely different table for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: Some pretty vintage-inspired pieces from Amazon, all well-priced, including this lovely side table, these wonderful dining room armchairs (set of 2), this delightful flip top sofa table, this charming chest of drawers, this beautiful tufted occasional chair, this pretty lift-top desk, and this elegant open bookcase.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I always love a high-low mix and this dining room does it amazingly well. The chandeliers and mirrors are a surprise in such a casual space. The result is super updated and oh-so-pretty! A year or two ago, the trend forecasts said cool grey was slowing and warmer neutrals were up-trending. Sure enough that’s happening and this kitchen embodies the look perfectly. Just a slight turn from cool greige to warm greige, but the subtle shift makes all the difference in the world. Another fabulous mix is warm wood with cool marble, seen in this gorgeous bathroom.
10. UP NEXT: Cozy entertaining at home…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) THE CHRISTMAS MARKET is open! Everything that’s available to us via online shopping can definitely be overwhelming. To make things easier, I carefully curated a collection of Christmas items I think you will love. I considered budget, reviews, and style. There are a few splurges, but on the whole, everything is affordable. I’ll be updating it as I come across new finds. Take a look HERE.
2.) IT’S NOT TOO EARLY to get started with your Christmas decor plan You can see (in the image above) that my plan is in place, and I’m ready to deck my halls…but not yet, of course! My Target purchases did not disappoint. I love the Merry Christmas doormat, the cute red striped pillows, and the red and cream ribbon is really beautiful. The star tree topper has a genius clip on it…and I can’t wait to see what it looks like on our tree. My all-time favorite red and white twine is back in stock, and I promise you will love it. Everything is well-made, and decently priced…but I know things are selling out quickly. The ribbon came in a stunning green and cream combo, but it’s already out of stock!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” ~Paul Coelho
4.) NEW ON THE BLOG: I just shared a yummy recipe for Chicken Florentine soup that’s super simple…and from start to finish, it takes an hour. I shared some with my dad, and a friend who had Covid, and they both gave it a thumbs up!
5.) INSPIRING PLACES: isn’t this just the perfect setting for a bedroom with a view? I’m also loving this wonderful light and bright laundry room and this lovely bath vanity with all the fabulous details that make it work.
6.) One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is splurge on a set of scented soaps and lotion for my kitchen. I love this winter berry set, but this winter forest set is just as wonderful. Mrs. Meyers offers peppermint, but I think I’m going with the Iowa pine this year! There’s also this Caldrea kitchen set in gilded balsam birch.
7.) This is really random, but I get a lot of questions about the scissors I use in my photos. They keep selling out, and I can’t find a link to them right now. I did, however, find these scissors with walnut handles, and I am in love. I ordered them, and will let you know what I think as soon as I get them! (Doesn’t everyone need a beautiful pair of scissors?)
8.) Yvonne, Lory and I love that the response to our weekly wish list continues to be positive and appreciative. We look forward to it every week! If you are new, and want to catch up on previous editions, just click HERE.
9.) We’re heading into the last two months of the year…and they are definitely busy and bustling. Coming up is a fun post with simple ideas for hosting a Friendsgiving, the November calendars, and a really long list of Thanksgiving ideas. Click here so you don’t miss a thing!
10.) Enjoy these last, very special days of October!