Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #69. Need a little fun and inspiration in the middle of the week? This week we are featuring great fall home decor ideas, home tours beauty and fashion, what to watch on tv, and good reads. And so much more! Join us because Wednesdays are fun days!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #69. We have lots of ideas for you and your home. Let’s get started!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) I just shared what I think is my last fall indoor decor post for 2022. I can’t believe I’m even saying that! I added small and simple touches of Autumn to our kitchen, and would love for you to take a look.
2.) AMAZON EARLY ACCESS SALE: no one knows better than me how overwhelming the Amazon shopping platform can be…but I’m here to help! I’ve carefully curated a selection of my favorite items and other great buys that are available today in Amazon’s Early Access sale. I chose things with price in mind, but I also considered usefulness and quality. For an easy shopping experience, go straight to my Amazon storefront and check out all my favorite deals.
3.) In celebration of the Amazon Early Access Sale, I’m sharing all of my favorite must-have kitchen products. This generously sized Tramontina cast iron dutch oven is a delight to cook with, is an amazing price, and comes in nine stunning colors. If you don’t have a Keurig, now is the time. This cute Single Serve K-Mini is 50% off, and comes in six fun colors. All the OXO POP Containers are on sale, as well as the Calphalon Kitchen Essentials. I’m in love with these Tervis tumblers, and this classic Lenox dinnerware set goes with any style, in any home.
4.) HUGE GIVEAWAY ON INSTAGRAM: I’m so excited that Amazon has given me the opportunity to give away a $500 Amazon gift card to two of my followers to shop all things Amazon. (Disclosure: this giveaway is sponsored by the @AmazonInfluencerProgram and @AmazonHome.) Head over to my Instagram account to get all the details on how to enter. (It’s the most recent post.)
5.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Some people will be mad at you for not being who they want you to be. One of the biggest forms of self-betrayal is living your life by their rules instead of your own. Your task is simple: be kind, be real, be humble, keep growing, and unapologetically live your best life.” ~Yung Pueblo
6.) So how versed are you on the different varieties of squash? I have to admit that I hardly know one variety from another, but this guide was very helpful. On my list to make: oven-roasted Delicata squash.
7.) INSPIRING SPACES + DECOR: this rambling, 28-acre renovated farm, this gorgeous fall mantel with muted, classic colors, this truly beautiful fall home tour, and this 5 minute mini pumpkin table runner.
8.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: most of my favorite TV shows have returned, and I’m doing my happy dance! My favorites are the FBI shows on Tuesday night, and the Chicago franchise shows on Wednesday. I also watched 11 Minutes on Paramount+, which was disturbing and uplifting at the same time. There’s a new show on The CW called Walker Independence that I liked…the jury is still out, but it looks promising. Miss Scarlet and the Duke starts this Sunday on PBS, and I rented I’ll Find You on Amazon Prime. It was good, and had a very happy ending. It’s also available to rent on YouTube.
9.) FROM MY KITCHEN: I just made this semi-homemade chicken noodle soup, and I took a pot roast to my Dad’s for dinner yesterday. I made another batch of pumpkin bread for my fall kitchen post, and on the menu for this weekend is French Bread Pizza. I’ve been in the kitchen quite a bit lately, and it’s been relaxing and enjoyable!
10.) Coming soon (I hope) are new and neutral outdoor decor ideas that will take you all the way to Thanksgiving. I’m waiting on a few items to arrive, and as soon as they do, I’ll get right to work. I’m also updating a few of your favorite Thanksgiving posts, and I’ve given the Thanksgiving Planner a facelift. If you aren’t already an OSP email subscriber, please join us so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a wonderful week!
1). We love to see what trends are coming up on the horizon. Some are beautiful and some have that train-wreck value! So I think you will love 2022 Christmas Trends. This year’s trends are really beautiful! And make sure to check out Decorating For Fall- The Ultimate Guide. This post has every single fall post and idea on the StoneGable blog organized in one convenient place.
2. THANKSGIVING FAVORITES: These are my favorite plates this fall, these salt and pepper shakers, this perfect Thanksgiving table runner, these textural placemats, these individual pumpkin servers (in a few colors), hammered copper silverware, these white dinner plates with a mocha rim perfect for fall dining and these beautiful natural fringed linen napkins.
3. BEAUTIFUL HOMES: You will love this approachable Southern “overgrown cottage”, and this Hilltop Estate designed by Studio McGee. And here is the kitchen tour of the Hilltop Estate. If you want to learn to be a better home designer you should look and listen to these beautiful home videos. The homes might not be your style but you can learn so much to use in your home in your style!
4. WEEKLY BUYS: This week here are ideas for casual living. This updated versatile lamp, this braided seagrass basket tray, this stunning metal tray, this pretty rustic vase I just got, and this chunky handknit pillow,
5. DECORATING SCHOOL: I believe we can do almost anything if we have enough time, technique, and practice. It’s my passion to pass on Interior Designer techniques and principles in easy to understand doable processes. So you can use them to create a home you love. Here are a few designer principles everyone should know and use: Why Balance Is Important And How To Use It In Your Home, 5 Biggest Decorating Mistakes And How To Fix Them, and How To Create Beautiful Centerpieces For Your Flat Surfaces.
7. CAPSULE WARDROBE: these cowboy inspired booties are the trendiest and coolest fall shoes, this attractive and versatile all-season long coat, these woven slip on shoes, these perfect black pants, this attractive puffer vest, and this absolutely gorgeous cashmere wrap sweater. One more… these classic cotton pearl earrings (my favorite).
8. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: Why do Maple leaves turn the most brilliant colors in the fall? What part of an oak tree is an acorn?
9. DOWNSIZING: There is so much to think about! Let’s start with 10 Things You Should Know About Downsizing. Downsizing a home can evoke lots of emotions! Here is a post The Emotions Of Downsizing And How To Deal With Them that is very helpful! Look for a post soon about how to let go and get rid of what you can’t take with you to a new downsized home.
10. CHRISTMAS PREVIEW: It’s really not too early to think about Christmas. I have this flocked Christmas tree and use it in our bedroom and love it! Also, this flocked garland, this Advent house calendar that lights up, a set of 3 mercury glass and snow Christmas trees, and these amazing pre-lit faux cedar and pine spheres.
ANSWERS TO #8- Maple leaves contain the most sugar and sugar is what makes fall leaves vibrant. An acorn is the fruit of the acorn that contains one seed.
1. This week’s fall posts include these tiny front porch fall decor ideas, this family room decorated with pumpkins, this complete guide to fall entertaining with unique style and one of my favorite Thanksgiving tables.
2. It’s a big shopping week on the web! You’re probably hearing all about the Amazon Prime Early Access sale everywhere. It’s 2 days and today is the final day, so there’s no time to waste (but you do have until 11:59pm Pacific Coast time!) If you’re not already a Prime member, this is a great time to sign up. You can get a free trial HERE and see all the deals HERE.
I also have two $500 Amazon gift cards to giveaway to two lucky winners! Be sure to visit my Instagram post to enter the giveaway. All you have to do is follow me on Instagram and comment on that post. Winners will be notified on Saturday.
3. AMAZON PRIME EARLY ACCESS PICKS: If you’d like some guidance on where to start with the sale, I have 3 places I’m sharing my picks. First there’s my Amazon Shop which includes all my favorites year round, broken down by category. My personal fave is the Rustic Chic Accessories list, but I’ve also added 3 lists for the Prime Early Access sale: Deals for the Home and Deals for Women’s Fashion and Deals in Tech & Small Appliances. You can also access all of my curated categories in the shop.
4. I’ve also created a page with my PRIME EARLY ACCESS PICKS which you can see in collage form for the above 3 categories. You can visit that page to see my selections from Prime Day all in one place.
5. And finally, if you prefer to see just a few of my highlights, I’ll link them here. There’s this spindle chair, this hammered drum coffee table, this wonderful Nantucket pantry cabinet, this sweet little rustic stool, this super slim console table, these French dining chairs, this lovely neutral area rug, this hand carved wood tray, and this delightful beaded ceiling light.
6. FAVORITE QUOTE: “Halloween is the beginning of the holiday shopping season. That’s for women. The beginning of the holiday shopping season for men is Christmas Eve.” ‒ David Letterman
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I also shared the transformation of an unused closet into a dream butler’s pantry and this DIY chalk paint update of an antique sewing cabinet.
8. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: A new-to-me account that I find so inspiring is this gorgeous Instagram account. Highlights include this lovely warm kitchen, this stunning entry hall and staircase, and this wonderful view into the living room.
9. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: A great way to add a touch of branded luxury to your wardrobe, without spending thousands on shoes or a handbag, is to buy a signature belt. This one is classic and elegant and can be worn with many different outfits.
10. UP NEXT: Creating a cozy and special movie night at home…