Need a little fun and inspiration in the middle of the week? Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #54 has great home decor ideas, beauty anhd fashion, what to watch on tv, and good reads. And so much more! Join us because Wednesdays are fun days! And enter the $75.00 Gift Card Giveaway!
Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist #56! We have lots of fun ideas, great home decor, a bit of fashion, words to live by and more! Remember we are still giving away 3 $75.00 Gift Cards so check out how to enter at the end of this post.
Congratulation to Carol who won a $75.00 GIFT CARD and who said…
I have to admit Yvonne, that after I started following your blog, I became a seasonal decorator! You gave me that confidence! I used to just layer and mix all the seasonal stuff on top of my regular decor and it Awas a hot mess! Seasonal decorating gives me new things to look at every few months (and I rearrange and move stuff around weekly once it’s up). It also causes me to wipe off hard to reach surfaces and cull through things that I wouldn’t otherwise due. It does cause my husband some stress when I make the switchover, but I think once it’s all out, he enjoys it.
Ann’s up first this week…
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) In celebration of Amazon Prime Day, I’m sharing all of my favorite must-have products, along with some amazing Prime Day deals. Let’s start with the kitchen. This generously sized Tramontina cast iron dutch oven is a delight to cook with, and an amazing price. It comes in six colors. If your Crockpot has seen better days, replace it with this one. We love this colorful set of bowls, and this set of food storage containers will get your kitchen organized in no time!
2.) Moving on to my favorite Amazon decor finds…this set of white trays will make your layering a cinch, this eucalyptus garland (pictured above) is perfect anywhere and any time of year. I have two of these lamps in my entry and I paid twice this price! If you prefer something neutral, check out this beautiful Quatrefoil pierced ginger jar lamp. I also love this rustic round wood tray with the ball trim. It’s in my cart so I need to decide!
3.) To make things as easy as possible, I’ve put together a page with all the information you will need. Click HERE to check it out. I’ve also gathered over 60 products and featured them in a special section of my Amazon storefront. Just click HERE to see everything!
4.) THIS WEEK’S INSPIRATION: this summertime decor from Whitetail Farmhouse is lovely, these DIY marble shelves are stunning, take a tour of this new but old-looking farmhouse in Kansas, and this porch swing from Plank & Pillow is cozy yet so classic.
5.) The Home Edit has added some new items to their collection at Walmart. I just ordered these large clear drawers and I can’t wait to get them. They also have this hair tool bin which looks like the perfect size, and I ordered a couple of these narrow bins with slider trays. Their products are so functional and well-made. I have quite a few pieces and love them all.
6.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” ~Dolly Parton
7.) If you missed it, I shared the reveal of our foyer renovation. We installed board and batten, and it truly transformed the room. I also showed you how to make a chocolate zucchini cake that is super easy and uses basic pantry ingredients. Here’s what one of my readers said: “This cake is delicious. Very easy to make. I’m taking this cake to a meeting today, but of course I had to sample it. It has a deep chocolate flavor and a nice texture. This recipe is a keeper.“
8.) DON’T FORGET TO ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY! We are each giving away a $75 gift card every week. Click HERE for all the details.
9.) These recent summer days have been enjoyable…and I confess that I’ve slowed down a bit. I’ve been eating salads for lunch, and tons of watermelon! I love hanging out in our little backyard with Millie, and soon my family will be here. I hope you slow down a little too, and savor these special summer days. Have a good week!
1. I’ve been busy at home adding and editing some things in our house. I added a faux tree to the living room and replaced the coffee table with a lovely square upholstered one. See How To Style An Artificial Indoor Tree and get lots of sources for faux trees. I think the tree made a huge difference in the living room! And our foyer has gone through lots of adding and editing too! You can see how the foyer changed at The Evolution Of A Foyer!
2. Here are three “why didn’t I think of that” kitchen tips- To keep food from splashing in your microwave by putting a paper coffee filter over your food. No more splashes! Did you know you can cut defrosting time by 30 percent if you defrost food on an aluminum tray? Save your Parmesan Cheese rinds in the freezer and drop them in soups, sauces, and stews for more flavor.
4. FABULOUS FINDS: It’s Amazon Prime Day and Target Deal Days today, July 13th and there are so many great deals. Make sure to check them out. Last day of the sale.
Under $50- Tile Mate Blue Tooth Tracker (Prime Day), Amazon Echo Dot with Alexa, Immersion Blender, 6 qt Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, Electric Air Fryer, and this beautiful Turkish Bath towel I use as a tablecloth or throw.
5. I eat a lot of salads, especially in the summer. They have to be interesting and absolutely scrumptious! Here are some of my favorites. My go-to salad is this delicious Arugula Salad. And make sure to see this Asian Ramen Noodle Salad, this company worthy Rolled Zucchini Ribbon Salad, and I made a few Salads In A Jar for an easy grab-and-go lunch.
6. Reader’s Favorites From Last Week: these capsule wardrobe pants, this capsule wardrobe denim jacket, this porcelain vase, this natural wood tray, these stylish mules, and this beautiful coffee table.
8. Fun And Interesting Facts: What does the M and M stand for on the candy with the same name? According to one scientific finding, what two scents are women most attracted to?
9. Learning about interior design concepts will make you a better decorator. I have a whole design concept course within StoneGable. Check out these posts: What You Should Know About Texture, Why Rythm Is So Important, Using The Concept Of Balance When You Decorate.
10. I’m part of a book club and LOVE being with my book club friends! And I have read books I would have never picked up! Are you part of a book club? If not, here is a link that will help you if you want to start one. Here are a few books I hope we will read: Sea Of Tranquility, The Red Tent, and A Thousand Pleasant Suns.
Answers to #8- M and M stands for Mars and Murrie, the two businessmen who created the candy. Women are most attracted to the smell of Good and Plenty licorice candy and cucumbers.
1. With our kitchen and master bathroom renovations out of the way over the past few years, and the big entry hall floor project complete, next on my list is a builder-grade guest bathroom upstairs. I shared the plans for the bathroom makeover in this post and I hope to be able to complete the project by the end of the year. It’s a straightforward refacing done on a budget.
2. This is the time of year for amazing sales and deals! There’s Amazon Prime day and there are several other big sales going on at various retailers. Before I get to my Amazon Prime picks, be sure to check out these sales, as well:
TARGET DEAL DAYS: Ending today with featured sales in many categories.
WALMART Rollback Savings: Summer savings, back-to-school and so much more.
3. Ok, so, you’re probably hearing about Amazon Prime day everywhere. It’s actually 2 days and today is the final day, so there’s no time to waste (but you do have until 11:59pm Pacific Coast time!) If you’re not already a Prime member, this is a great time to sign up. You can get a free trial HERE and see all the benefits that come along with membership.
4. AMAZON PRIME PICKS: If you’d like some guidance on where to start with the sale, I have 3 places I’m sharing my picks. First there’s my Amazon Shop which includes all my favorites year round, broken down by category. My personal fave is the Rustic Chic Accessories list, but I’ve also added 3 lists for Prime Day: Deals for the Home and Deals for Women’s Fashion and Deals in Tech & Small Appliances. You can also access all of my curated categories in the shop.
5. I’ve also created a page with my PRIME PICKS which you can see in collage form for the the above 3 categories. You can visit that page to see my selections from Prime Day all in one place.
6. And finally, if you prefer to see just a few of my highlights, I’ll link them here. There’s this spindle chair, this hammered drum coffee table, this wonderful Nantucket pantry cabinet, this sweet little rustic stool, this super slim console table, these woven chairs, this lovely neutral area rug, this hand carved wood tray, and this delightful beaded ceiling light.
7. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: One of my all time favorite homes can be viewed in this exquisite rustic chic house tour.
8. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared how to use flea market finds to add French style to the home, this pretty kitchen coffee station (and other premium kitchen comforts), and the second part of our kitchen renovation (which was done a few years after the first part).
9. CHEEKY FAVORITE QUOTE (in honor of all the sales this week…;-)): “Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.” – Anonymous
10. UP NEXT: Paint, paint and more paint. A dresser, a cupboard, and anything else that crosses my path while I have the brush in hand!
VISIT US FOR MORE CHANCES TO WIN A $75.00 GIFT CARD
Click on our name and get even more chances to win!