Join us weekly for decorating tips, recipe ideas, fun and interesting ideas, seasonal posts, and the best finds. Welcome to Weekly Wednesday Wishlist!
Welcome to Wednesday Weekly Wishlist #81. We chose things that are inspiring us now in the hope they will inspire you too!
This post may contain affiliate links. See our Discloser Policy.
1. Everyone is thinking about organization this time of year. If this is you, be sure to read 10 Things to Do in January to Keep You Organized All Year. It’ll help you start the year off right!
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This adorable bubble cube candle, this lovely French tile vanity tray, this beechwood natural bristle pot brush, and this fun textured pouf (the black and white stripe is on sale for under $50).
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This beautiful intaglio wall art, this great rattan base lamp, this wonderful fluted bowl, this large white textured vase, and this top-quality white-handled Cuisinart knife set with block.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This fabulous floral tapestry, this can’t-be-beat for storage Oxo pop top canister set, this elegant beaded white dinnerware set, and this wonderful lidded storage basket (a great sale and opportunity to get the large size!)
5. As we update our home, I do my best to update our complete house tour, as well. If you haven’t seen it in a while, or ever, you can see our full home here: A Modern French Country Townhouse Tour.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared more winter decor in 9 Ways to Add Winter Warmth to Your Home, as well as Refresh Your Home with White Bedding and my #1 shopping guide: Affordable Stylish Upholstered Headboards.
7. FASHION PICKS: For the first week in January, it only makes sense that I would share workout wear. This is my actual workout gear that I literally wear every single day. My favorite simple vintage tee has a soft and comfy relaxed fit, is of great quality that can withstand the bajillion washes it gets. My go-to leggings I’ve shared before and I live in these for several reasons, but especially for the comfort and the perfectly placed phone pocket. I’ve tried several pairs but always come back to these sneakers because they are light, comfortable and provide great support. I wear these sox (in white), again for comfort. And I wear this zip jacket to top it off.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: I’m thinking of converting one of our guest bedrooms into an upstairs den. With January’s sales, it’s really pretty simple to do. I’m looking at this fabulous sofa, this chic light wood coffee table, these trestle end tables, and this long lean TV stand with tons of storage, or this one with open space is also nice, or maybe this lighter one.
10. UP NEXT: Organizing, organizing and more organizing!
ON SUTTON PLACE
1.) I just shared the final chapter of our downsizing + moving story. One year has passed, so I’m sharing thoughts on the decisions we made, what I would do differently, and what I love about our new home. Make sure to scroll down and read the comments. They are amazing.
2.) All our Christmas decorations are down, and I’m loving the clean, fresh start to the new year. I wanted a few new things to get me through a very gray winter, and I found some lovely and budget-friendly accessories. These pillow covers look like sweaters, and they come in four different colors. These striped pillow covers have the cutest fringe. I put my blanket ladder back after taking down our tree, and I found this petite glass top table to set beside one of the tufted chairs. Stay tuned for more!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “I don’t think that anything happens by coincidence. No one is here by accident. Everyone who crosses our path has a message for us.”
4.) INSPIRING SPACES: it’s all about beautiful kitchens today. This white and wood remodel is stunningly simple and beautiful, this white and bright kitchen reveal is full of inspiration, and one of my favorite bloggers shows how she organized her kitchen drawers and cabinets.
5.) RANDOM INFORMATION: so do you enjoy a good frozen pizza? We do, but they are hard to come by! I ran across this article and it outlines the best frozen pizzas in six different categories. Some are brands I hadn’t heard of, but they are all readily available at places like Target and Walmart. Enjoy!
6.) WINTER WARDROBE: last week Yvonne said that she loved this barn coat, so I checked it out…and ordered it! I absolutely love it. (I got it in black and the gray piping is super cute.) I got my husband this warm coat for Christmas, and he thinks it’s wonderful. These Clarks booties are warm and comfy, and I love this cozy striped French terry pullover.
7.) Winter is the perfect time for gathering inspiration for our homes, and a great way to do that is through beautiful decorating books. One of my favorites is City Farmhouse Style, and I love the inspiration in Elements of Family Style. Another one that has very attainable ideas is Homebody by Joanna Gaines. The Nester’s book, Cozy Minimalist Home is full of ways to create a home you love on any budget.
8.) I just completely updated this popular recipe for weight loss vegetable soup that is perfect for this time of year. The week before I made this weight loss version, I made this one pot vegetable beef soup and both were delicious!
9.) Lory, Yvonne, and I love writing the wish list every week. We want you all to know how much we appreciate your support, and we plan to continue to do our very best to bring you amazing inspiration. Two simple words, but from the heart…thank you.
10.) Enjoy this first week of 2023!
1. Happy New Year! I hope 2023 is a year of blessings and joy! January is all about organizing and winter decorating on the blog. This week’s must-read posts are Fun And Interesting Things To Do In January and Putting Away Christmas With Next Year In Mind.
3. FABULOUS FINDS UNDER $60.00- this ceramic ribbed candle, set of two neutral pillows with pretty stitched trim, this serving bowl with wooden lid (just ordered it), this drink table with shelf, these handwoven wicker woven oval placemats (love), and this faux fern plant.
6. BEAUTIFUL HOME TOURS: I take so much inspiration from seeing how others decorate their homes! I could find just one little thing and think, “oh, wow I could do that too”. So here are home tours that inspire me this week: this beautifully curated home, a beautiful loft home, and this gorgeous cottage home. Even if a home is not your “cup of tea” there is something there that is fabulous enough to spark your creativity and inspire you!
7. I’ve become such a fan of quick bread! They are easy to make, not very sweet and so delicious! You might want to try to make them too. Here are 5 Scrumptious Quick Bread Recipes to try. Also, try my newest Almond Bread With Vanilla Glaze. We made French Toast with it for Christmas and it was a huge hit!
8. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: How many sides do all snowflakes have? What is chionophobia?
9. TRENDING: Do you know what one of the most popular colors will be in 2023? Read about it HERE. I saw this color on the horizon in 2022 but it is really big for 2023? Also, the trends for kitchen colors are moody blues, mossy greens, tuxedo soft blacks, and light wood tones. If you love white kitchens like I do they will always be a classic!
10. I’m in the middle of reorganizing my kitchen and pantry! Here’s what I found to help: these stackable bins, this plastic bag organizer, these expandable drawer dividers, these Weck canning jars (great for food storage), and these refrigerator storage bins.
Answer to #8: Snowflakes have six sides. Chionophobia is the fear of snow. It comes from two Greek words, chion meaning snow, and phobia meaning fear.
Hugs and Blessings,